What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF - Sun 6 Oct - Melbourne v Penrith @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

• Penrith Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Hughes is the form half back
He should be a shoo In for dally m

Plus clearys shoulder is busted

If im the storm I run forwards at him all game and test it out
Yeah, pity Melbourne have to run at an opposing team’s star player’s shoulder to win a Grand Final in order to win it eh?

I would’ve thought winning it on your own merits was a prouder accomplishment?

Wb1234

Immortal
Yeah, pity Melbourne have to run at an opposing team’s star player’s shoulder to win a Grand Final in order to win it eh?

Yeh Balmain would’ve won the 88 grand final then

mxlegend99

Referee

Mate. If a player takes the field they are fair game. So long as they aren't doing anything illegal (ie. chicken wings) they are well within their rights to target him and see how the shoulder holds up.

Would have to be f**king idiotic not to target a teams weakness. I don't think Cleary will struggle with forwards running at him though. It will be the guys with speed and footwork putting a step on him. Cleary will struggle if he has to stretch his arm out too far and if he gets a hold of a jersey the force of being dragged along by his arm / shoulder joint is where he is likely to struggle.

I think he can tuck his arm into his body and throw himself at forwards all day.

Someone2

Bench
Unlike an arsey intercept...
Walker dosn’t throw that intercept and we are living in whole new comp . Penrith don’t come back from losing back2back GF’s
the club goes into crisis ,Ivan gets sacked

they need to build a gold statue of walker outside their new stafium

Pantherjim.

Referee
Mate. If a player takes the field they are fair game. So long as they aren't doing anything illegal (ie. chicken wings) they are well within their rights to target him and see how the shoulder holds up.

Would have to be f**king idiotic not to target a teams weakness. I don't think Cleary will struggle with forwards running at him though. It will be the guys with speed and footwork putting a step on him. Cleary will struggle if he has to stretch his arm out too far and if he gets a hold of a jersey the force of being dragged along by his arm / shoulder joint is where he is likely to struggle.

I think he can tuck his arm into his body and throw himself at forwards all day.
It’s the bit of your post in bold that I’m worried about. Chicken wings, crushers, hip drops etc. they’re practically Melbourne inventions.

I have no problem if they launch their forward pack at Clez all night, as long as they do it through legal plays and Klein comes down on them like a tonne of bricks when they bring grubbery into their defence.

speedster

Juniors
There are rugby league injuries and then there are wrestling injuries. The Storm will look to put pressure on Cleary's shoulder joint in the tackle the way Josh King did in round whatever. If it's legal, it's legal. BUT I'll bet if they do something like that again, there will be an all-in and the game might end up with a few key sin bins that could open a tight game right up.

If the Storm can injure Cleary again and bait some Panthers forwards into getting sin binned, their attack could sail away with things. Penrith will have to watch their discipline.

On the other hand, Martin could grind Munster's groin or smear Pap's reputation.

Scootsie

Juniors
I don’t think Storm will do anything other than try to slow down the play the ball. I don’t think they’re silly enough to deliberately target Cleary in the wrestle. They might be running forwards at him all night though.

Latest posts