What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiki

First Grade
just when i was getting to the point where i could say 'i work in rugby league' to strangers without them turning their noses up....then this happens.

back to square one.

Satsok

Juniors
I can't believe people are on here defending it (or at least talking it down). WTF, has the internet desensitised you?

This is a very,very sad day in RL. It will take a lot of time and effort to overcome this in many people eyes with some lost to the game forever.

The worst bit is how we have a club like Canberra have a fairytale year with a very bright future recapture the hearts and minds of the public in the ACT. Only to have it all undone, and it was 1 area we had that other notable codes in OZ don't.

dont get me wrong im not defending it, but ive seen worse stuff on 4chan and on the internet in general than that..

dog act, pardon the pun, he will most likely be sacked, deregistered and never play again.. feel sorry for him, that one moment of drunken stupidity ruins his life forever..

but if push comes to shove and he is sacked/deregistered, im pretty sure he would have an idea of who leaked the photo, and if i was him, im pretty sure i would kill the bloke..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
just when i was getting to the point where i could say 'i work in rugby league' to strangers without them turning their noses up....then this happens.

back to square one.
Keywords Kiki: "I support Rugby League".

You don't work in Rugby League, you support Rugby League.

It is the greatest game, bigger than any one player.

I have never once felt embarrassed by saying I support Rugby League. Never.

gUt

Coach
Looks like the Eels or the Sharks have possibly just picked up a quality outside back.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Looks like the Eels or the Sharks have possibly just picked up a quality outside back.

Even if he isn't banned and just sacked, what club would want someone who is known for bestiality. This is so much worse than the Carney case. No club will touch him.

Moffo

Referee
i know canberra is boring, but did the dog really need to stoop to this level to have some fun?

Slackboy72

Coach
It's shocking that it is legal in the ACT. Illegal in every other state and territory.

Well every state would have archaic laws regarding illegal sexual relations including ones banning homosexuality from the 1800s but the ACT is only 20-odd years old as a jurisdiction. This sort of thing has just never raised it's ugly head before.

Kiki

First Grade
Keywords Kiki: "I support Rugby League".

You don't work in Rugby League, you support Rugby League.

It is the greatest game, bigger than any one player.

I have never once felt embarrassed by saying I support Rugby League. Never.

but i do work in rugby league? it's my career now.

i've never been embarrassed to support or work in footy, because i know the reality of the good people in the game. it's just somewhat difficult to explain it to 'non footy people' when stuff like this happens.

i will never stop loving the game. it's my heart.

Hooch

Juniors
So did he get a blowjob off this dog or was it a gag. If it's just a joke to make it look like that, I honestly couldn't care less. Actually I think it's pretty damn funny in a sick sort of way. Kind of like sticking someones tooth brush up your arse, taking a photo of it, then showing it to them a few weeks later.

Mind you, it is the sort of thing that ends careers. In his favour, after losing Carney, Canberra won't be in the mood for donating any top class players to other clubs.

Apart from finding it disgusting, I don't see how it's any worse than pressurizng a reluctant woman into a blow job. Chances are the dog even fancied the smell and taste. Doesn't look like it's being forced either physically or emotionally. Doesn't even qualify as animal abuse.

I have seen footages of women mating with horses, and that IS horrific stuff for the animals and probably the women too. This was, though disgusting, hardly abusive behaviour.

fumblebum

Juniors
So did he get a blowjob off this dog or was it a gag. If it's just a joke to make it look like that, I honestly couldn't care less. Actually I think it's pretty damn funny in a sick sort of way. Kind of like sticking someones tooth brush up your arse, taking a photo of it, then showing it to them a few weeks later.

I'm trying to figure out who is more sick. Him or you?

fumblebum

Juniors
Apart from finding it disgusting, I don't see how it's any worse than pressurizng a reluctant woman into a blow job. Chances are the dog even fancied the smell and taste. Doesn't look like it's being forced either physically or emotionally. Doesn't even qualify as animal abuse.

Starting to sound like this sort of thing might be commonplace up there. How can you honestly defend this?

It's messed up, and just done for the shock factor. In that respect, I'm not defending this. But I don't think it's abusive. More self-abuse if anything, I mean most of us wouldn't do this, but not because it's animal abuse. You wouldn't do it because it's gross, and it just isn't a common human desire to have a dog lick one's willy.

I can see both sides fo the argument with this one...yes he may have intended it to be a spur of the moment prank but he was obviously not thinking about the morality of his actions or he fact that he is a public figure etc.

It will be interesting to see how the Raiders respond to this as a soft stance could cripple the club..