What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brutus

Referee
As fan of Rugby league as a whole this story makes me absolutely sick. I'm sorry to Joel Monaghan his girlfriend and family but he must be banned from a lengthy period of time if not for life for bringing our game into this disgrace act. It may have been a drunken mistake but no man especially a role model to kids has any excuse.

I want our game to be the best in this country but these type of incidents bring it down it's unacceptable. There is blockbuster international nearly sold out at Eden Park yet the main story is this sh8t. I'm angered by it. David Gallop needs to
Act now.

Agree 100 percent with your post.

There is just no way Monaghan can grace an NRL field again.

He should have been sacked by now, and if they find out the identity of the photo taker then he must go too.

The image of our game is of paramount importance with such a crucial TV deal coming up.

PBZeJ9ss.jpeg

BREAKING: Scout from Bulldogs NRL club spotted outside Joel Monaghan's house...
or
Meanwhile the father waits to pick up his daughter that afternoon

Last edited:

Moffo

Referee
Agree 100 percent with your post.

There is just no way Monaghan can grace an NRL field again.

He should have been sacked by now, and if they find out the identity of the photo taker then he must go too.

The image of our game is of paramount importance with such a crucial TV deal coming up.

Sack someone for taking a photo? Haha you have to be joking?

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Monaghan is a big pranker and is definately ADHD.
How ever i think the message from this is 'dont drink and prank'.

Wonder who leaked the photo - a disgruntled Souths Logan regular?? lol.

GET OVER IT PEOPLE.
STUPID YES - THE SHAME & BAD JOKES HE WILL GET IT MORE THAN ENOUGH PUNISHMENT.

If they raid his computer, I'm betting this site will be high in his favourites list.

http://www.mypetswardrobe.com.au/index.php

I'm torn, half of me wants the bloke to be sacked and sacked now, the other half wants to get the opportunity to give him sh*t live at a ground. 20,000 people at Campbelltown barking when ever he gets the ball would be pretty funny...

Flapper

First Grade
Well that's because every single NRL player is a drunken rapist dog fancier waiting to happen according to our media.

Not that I am in any way in favour of this behaviour, it doesn't seem to be a massive gigantic story, which is kind of a good thing. I mean, it's on the news, but it's not some huge huge thing. Or am I listening to the wrong news?

Well that's because every single NRL player is a drunken rapist dog fancier waiting to happen according to our media.

Not that I am in any way in favour of this behaviour, it doesn't seem to be a massive gigantic story, which is kind of a good thing. I mean, it's on the news, but it's not some huge huge thing. Or am I listening to the wrong news?

The problem seems to be the suggestion that sexual gratification was involved rather than it being what it was, a low-brow prank that has been done more times than Charmayne Leatherskin has had STD's.

This sort of thing has happened in every code in every era where groups of young blokes were on the piss.

The difference now is that everyone who has a mobile phone has a camera. Back in the 1970's, the term "mobile phone" brought thoughts of someone carrying a red phone box on their back.

The bloke who really needs to be throttled is the bloke taking the pic.

Parra

Referee

What media are you talking about? Every article I have seen explicitly names one player and one incident.

I know you like to play the victim card a lot, but your suggestion this time is a joke.

Parra

Referee
Sounds like the picture was an integral part of the joke. These sort of stunts would usually involve the dog-owners phone or camera.