What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
The timing simply couldn't be better:

Enjoy a day out with the dogs
Released 04/11/2010

Canberrans and their dogs can enjoy a social and entertaining day out this weekend at the annual Dogs' Day Out at Lake Ginninderra, Chief Minister and Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, Jon Stanhope, announced today.

"Dogs' Day Out is a great opportunity to have a family outing with the dog thisSunday 7November 2010 between 11am and 2pm to enjoy the surroundings of the shores of Lake Ginninderra," Mr Stanhope said.

http://www.chiefminister.act.gov.au/media.php?v=10105

juanfarkall

Coach
Radio Commentator...

Raiders steal possession from the Dogs......

Tongue on to Monaghan....

But he has spilt it.......

Mr Spock!

Referee
So it might not be illegal in ACT but what about when he plays in another state. I'm sure the RSPCA or animals rights groups will be gunning for him.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So it might not be illegal in ACT but what about when he plays in another state. I'm sure the RSPCA or animals rights groups will be gunning for him.

Hopefully he won't be playing again. But even if he does, what can they do other than some kind of environment extremist trying to take him out, but the possibility of that is very low.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
And Spacey, I think our side discussion raises another interesting point about privacy. When Orwell wrote 1984, he could not have envisaged that Big Brother would be you and I. The CCTV cameras are not really such an imposition on privacy as the actual public and their/our handheld devices.

I know you like this stuff so if you haven't already done so, read a short story by the great Isaac Asimov called 'The Dead Past' where he speculates about the social ramifications of devices that allow us to look into the seedy side of the immediate past events. The 'plague of voyeurism' where privacy is a dead concept. Makes you wonder how close we are.

If we are to get technical, Monaghan's privacy has been compromised. But at the same time he is aware of the technology available and it may be argued that he gave permission for the pics to be taken. However, he can also argue that he was not in a position to give sober permission. It's very tricky.

More than ever, anyone can take a high resolution picture from the palm of their hand. I'm no legal expert, but perhaps this specific area of taking pics is set to be challenged, if it hasn't already happened.

applesauce

Bench
So if PETA cover you in blood if you kill animals by wearing fur, what will he be covered in? Do the math...