What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the mothers in Latvia?

You really are an offensive little prick. You add little to the discussion in this forum - your preference is to put sh*t on people who don't necessarily hold your narrow little 100% pro-NRL biases.

Given the time you spend on here, I actually wonder if you're a bot rather than a person. Don't you have school, kindergarten, a job or something to go to, at least occasionally?

Whats your problem? I suspect you're full of resentment from something in your past. Given your irrational AFL hatred, I suspect it may have been that you went to a boarding school and got buggered mercilessly by the school's AFL coach.

Slammin

Juniors
Who cares who took the photo? Good on them for doing so, and then outing one of the world's filthiest scumbags.

The person who took the photo couldn't stop the act from happening, scum like Joel, hell-bent on getting his jollies of an unsuspecting and innocent dog, will stop at nothing to get what they want and if anyone gets in their way then they are likely to be murdered then raped.

So that person knowing all this decided just to look like they think it is funny, take a photo and then send it out on twitter.

chefman21

Juniors
One primary school eh? :lol:

Perhaps someone should read them the rap sheet for all codes, AFL, Union, League, Soccer - all codes have disgusting, weird and illegal antics involved.

One is enough. It sets a precedent.

Is your big argument against that is that other codes have bad behaviour? Well guess what buddy? This school didn't cut their ties with other codes. They cut their ties with rugby league. Other codes 1 - rugby league 0.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
One is enough. It sets a precedent.

Is your big argument against that is that other codes have bad behaviour? Well guess what buddy? This school didn't cut their ties with other codes. They cut their ties with rugby league. Other codes 1 - rugby league 0.
Really?

Has the school issued a press-release indicating they're linking up with other sports?

Furthermore, the original quote is from Danny Weidler. Hardly the most reliable source.

The person who took the photo couldn't stop the act from happening, scum like Joel, hell-bent on getting his jollies of an unsuspecting and innocent dog, will stop at nothing to get what they want and if anyone gets in their way then they are likely to be murdered then raped.
This sort of hysteria is hilarious.

Do you look at yourself in the mirror each morning? :lol:

chefman21

Juniors
What other ties with other codes did they have? Or are you MSU?
Yes... I am making sh*t up.:roll::sarcasm:

Really?

Has the school issued a press-release indicating they're linking up with other sports?

Furthermore, the original quote is from Danny Weidler. Hardly the most reliable source.
It doesn't matter if they do or don't link with other codes. It matters that we lost that asset. It has set a precedent. Once the precedent has been set, others will follow.

If some of you want join the rest of us in the real world...

Last edited:

TheDalek079

Bench
- Todd Carney
Then: lighting farts on fire, taking photos of himself on mobile.
Now: Celebrated Roosters 5/8th, touted as NSW's future, Dally M & RLIF Player of the Year, Kangaroo debutant.

some serious crimes there timmy. Todd should have got a life ban for those

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dalek, first, good editing to remove the actual criminal activity.

Secondly, I'm not having a go at Carney - as an RL fan I'm immensely proud of the way he's turned things around. My problem is with this disproportionate outrage at Monaghan.

Slammin

Juniors
Yes... I am making sh*t up.:roll::sarcasm:

Nice sarcasm but you are still speaking out your ass, any proof dipsh*t?

It doesn't matter if they do or don't link with other codes. It matters that we lost that asset. It has set a precedent. Once the precedent has been set, others will follow.

Never mind, obviously not.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
tbh I think this whole scandal just exemplifies the arbitrary, absurd nature of human morality in our current society, especially regarding sex and the backlash against "weird" sexuality that imo is the result of us no longer being able to voice our inherent conservatism through opposition to homosexuality etc

If Monaghan punched someone in the face it would be comparatively minor, because people punch each other in the face all the time. Yet, the victim would suffer a great deal of pain, possibly broken bones, even lifelong consequences.

However, if he even pretends to have a dog lick his nuts, he's regarded as so much worse, and yet even if he DID have a dog lick his nuts, who is actually the victim?

To me it just seems like a stupid prank...does anyone actually think that Monaghan enjoys sex with animals?? And yet, because this behaviour can fit neatly into a "yuck" label like bestiality, we all have to condemn it as if he sodomised the dog and then ate it alive.

Also a raiders fan - sack him from our club yes but banning him is a bridge too far. Give him a suspension and time for penance and then if he wants a chance at redemption. But not at Canberra.

Ok agreed. I guess I just don't care if he plays for another club, as he humilated ours.

Imagine if the dog bit one of his nuts off or something, and he was out injured due to dog bites. FFS allowing a dog to put it's mouth anywhere near your genitals is not only digusting, but pretty f*ckin risky.

Last edited:

RHCP

Bench
To me it just seems like a stupid prank...does anyone actually think that Monaghan enjoys sex with animals?? And yet, because this behaviour can fit neatly into a "yuck" label like bestiality, we all have to condemn it as if he sodomised the dog and then ate it alive.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Apey

Staff member
No, it is not the specific act that necessarily matters, it is just adding to the perception that footy is played by boofheads, and lots of mothers would prefer their children not to be future boofheads.

I'm willing to wager the boofheads in footy were boofheads before footy, or were always going to be boofheads.. the notion that people only do these things because they're rugby league players is absurd.

As for the image of the game - of course it's bad for the image of the game, I don't deny that at all... however, some people are obviously getting carried away in their opinion because of how personally disgusted they are.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
I'd like to see when the media, administrators and players will release the further details. The extra photos and names of others involved. It's not fair at all that Monaghan is getting destroyed in public while others were just as stupid.

Latest posts