What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Diablo

Post Whore
hey Ice how come only a driver gets fined for speeding?

by your logic the passengers committed the same crime :lol:

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
hey Ice how come only a driver gets fined for speeding?

by your logic the passengers committed the same crime :lol:

If a passenger told the driver to speed through a red light, then yes they are just as stupid.

Or if that passenger knew that the driver was going to speed but didn't stop the person, then yes they are just as stupid.

El Diablo

Post Whore
If a passenger told the driver to speed through a red light, then yes they are just as stupid.

Or if that passenger knew that the driver was going to speed but didn't stop the person, then yes they are just as stupid.

You are assuming everyone knew he was going to do it and encouraged it

source please

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
You are assuming everyone knew he was going to do it and encouraged it

source please

Well obviously someone thought it was smart or funny enough to not only take a picture of the act but to send to others.

Surely, you must admit that if there was no photo of this, we wouldn't be talking about it now. Therefore, they are just as responsible for putting the game in disrepute as Joel Monaghan.

El Diablo

Post Whore
how do you know they thought it was funny?

people take photos of car accidents

does that mean they thing they're funny :?

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
how do you know they thought it was funny?

people take photos of car accidents

does that mean they thing they're funny :?

I said smart or funny you moron.

People who take photos of car accidents think its a smart idea because they can show other people or relive what happened.

Taking a photo of your mate getting his nuts licked by a dog and sending it around is f**king stupid becuase once you send something around you no longer control where it goes.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
El Diablo,

What happened on Mad Monday at Josh Miller's place is an act of stupidity. Stupidity that saw a lack of maturity and judgement probably caused by consumption of alcohol.

Whoever came up with the idea, if it was Joel or someone else, Joel was stupid for doing it. If it was someone else, they are stupid too. And anyone else who was there that either encouraged or didn't stop it is just as stupid as the idiot that did it and/or came up with it because they showed the same lack of maturity and judgement.

The fact is that there could be other players that thought this was a good idea, just like Joel did. And it could happen in the future. You might say they'd learn from this, but its clear that with the amount of stupid off-field incidents that some players just don't learn

Wow, the moderators here are f**king pedantic and idiotic.

This post was deleted because I didn't source that the party was at Josh Miller's house.

Here's your source:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...act-of-stupidity/story-e6frg7mf-1225948023453

ACT police confirmed last night they were making inquiries into the incident, which occurred during post-season celebrations at the home of Monaghan's Canberra teammate Josh Miller.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Wow, the moderators here are f**king pedantic and idiotic.

This post was deleted because I didn't source that the party was at Josh Miller's house.

Here's your source:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...act-of-stupidity/story-e6frg7mf-1225948023453

no

the poster is just stupid

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/forumrules.php#source

SOURCING MATERIAL, COPYRIGHT & ALLEGATIONS
It is important that members provide a source to back up any claims. Any posted material without a source (URL or published reference) may be removed. By 'material' we mean any text or image which is posted by members in the forums. The removal of any such material is totally at the discretion of the site owners, Admin and Mods of LeagueUnlimited.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
From El Diablo's link earlier...

WHAT WE DON'T DELETE
The people who set up this site have always made an effort to allow as much freedom of expression as possible. We do realise however that this will sometimes be put to the test.
In basic terms, Mods will only delete text or images if they feel they have a good reason to do so.
1.) Mods will not delete text which is simply part of a heated debate (with both sides giving back what they receive)
2.) Mods will not delete anything simply because the text or image holds an opinion contrary to their own.

I note that there is nothing on the forum rules about a Moderator trying to misrepresent someone else's post.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
and nothing has been deleted for that reason

take it up with Admin if you feel you've been wronged

I wouldn't want to take your life away from you.

And for the record, the post that you deleted three times, even after I added a source, is evidence of you deleting a post because it was contrary to your opinion.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ice (and Butch), I just had a look and there are posts without links. This little argument you're having has more to do with your lack of respect for the rules. It has nothing to do with your (false) perception that the mods are singling you out.

In all honesty guys, if you don't want to adhere to the rules, don't post here. Sorry, but LU is not a schoolyard. No one is forcing you stay and no one here is your teacher.

And if you're going to remove this post because it's a rumour, rest assured that Weidler wrote about it here:
Well of course. If you posted the link, all is sweet.

The rules are there to protect the site and ensure that all members can have a forum to discuss things. I'm sure if you think for a minute, you'll understand.

FTR, posts that were getting deleted last week are not getting deleted this week because more is being reported and the chance of litigation diminishes. That should go without saying.

BTW, thanks to the members who have reported posts that may get us into hot water, and for realising that these are your forums as well.

Thanks to the moderators who have been working hard lately to follow up on those reports.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Kiki

First Grade
The lack of perspective from the "wowser' brigade is astounding.

Let's just go through a few things.

- Andrew & Matthew Johns
Then: Admitted long term drug-user; Cheated on wife with Sharks teammates in 2002 gangbang.
Now: Celebrated brothers both with highly successful media careers.

- Nate Myles
Then: Defecated in a hallway in a hotel. Found naked in a stairwell. Alleged to be involved in the Bulldogs office-trashing incident.
Now: Celebrated Queensland & Australian front rower.

- Todd Carney
Then: DUI charges, pissing everywhere, lighting farts on fire, taking photos of himself on mobile.
Now: Celebrated Roosters 5/8th, touted as NSW's future, Dally M & RLIF Player of the Year, Kangaroo debutant.

- Reni Maitua
Then: late to training, punted by the 'Dogs, picked up by the Sharks, does drugs, two year suspension.
Now: Glorified as one of Parramatta's potential saviours in 2011.

Then of course we've got the charged but proven not-guilty of Brett Stewart, Greg Inglis and Greg Bird, all of whom are still celebrated RL players and amongst the best in the world.

And we're crucifying one bloke, who isn't a world-beater, for pulling a dog toward his dick - where there's no evidence anything further happened?

I'm not suggesting for a moment there shouldn't be consequences - but look at the track record of some of the more recent misdemeanours of RL players and Monaghan's actions really pale in comparison.

And I'm sure even then I've missed a few.

yep yep yep. a life ban for Monas is utterly absurd.

he deserves punishment of course, and he would be the first to admit that. i think having to live the rest of his life as 'that dog guy' is pretty damn punishing just quietly.

also re Weidler's article : Monas is EXACTLY like that on the drink. he is spot on.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I wouldn't want to take your life away from you.

And for the record, the post that you deleted three times, even after I added a source, is evidence of you deleting a post because it was contrary to your opinion.

really

so you didn't check your inbox that pointed out exactly why it was deleted three times

had nothing to do with your conspiracy theories