What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
who said there are any?

if they had them then they'd release them

It's commonly known there is at least another photo. And if you're going to remove this post because it's a rumour, rest assured that Weidler wrote about it here:

MONAGHAN WASN'T ALONE
A LOT has been written about Joel Monaghan in recent days - and more may be said if another photo emerges. What is he like as a person? From my dealings over the years, polite, friendly, decent and, dare I say it, funny. He comes from a tremendous family who live and breathe sport. His sister works at the NRL and her husband works with players alerting them to the perils of the new media. Monaghan's issue? Alcohol, and becoming a complete moron when he drinks. He strives to be the funny guy at the centre of attention. That has led to a situation too strange and disgusting for words which means he should be sacked and most likely never play NRL again. He will now be the subject of jokes and stares for years. His good work with his local primary school has been smashed to bits. The school has written to the Raiders saying it wants nothing more to do with the Raiders or league. Nor should they, nor will they be alone. Monaghan had no choice but to come forward and it's time those who took the photo and spread it around did the same. He was the one who committed the vulgar act but he should not wear all the punishment.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/we-can-fit-gi-under-the-cap-richo-20101106-17i57.html

And on your point that if there were more details/photos that 'they' would release them. That's absolute bullsh*t.

This photo had been doing the rounds for a few weeks and it wasn't until someone outside of that circle, the fake Wyatt Roy on Twitter, got it somehow it was released.

Administrators will brush anything and everything they can under the carpet. Any club that hangs its players out to dry (rightly or wrongly) will have a hard time attracting playing talent. Furthermore, it's in the Raiders' and NRL's interests to have this contained to just Joel Monaghan.

As I mentioned in a previous post, if its only a single player then it can be limited to a case of individual stupidity. If 2 or more are involved, then it becomes a Raiders and NRL story rather than the Joel Monaghan story that it is now.

El Diablo

Post Whore
and the reasoning behind the first photo surfacing on twitter was because no media outlet could be sure who it was

even when it first emerged the ither day media outlets wouldn't name him for legal reasons as they still had no idea who it was

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
and the reasoning behind the first photo surfacing on twitter was because no media outlet could be sure who it was

even when it first emerged the ither day media outlets wouldn't name him for legal reasons as they still had no idea who it was

There could be the same problem with any other photos. Just because Monaghan came out and admitted he was there, doesn't mean that any other photos of the incident that show other people are legally cleared.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
it doesn't mean there are photos of others

argh

Where did I say the photos show other players, you idiot?

You're completely missing the point, which seems to be a recurring thing for you. So I don't expect you to ever grasp it.

Other players were involved and are not suffering any consequences compared with Monaghan who is copping everything.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
you said there were photos of others and posted a Weidler article

short memory

I dare you to quote my post where I said that and bold it.

You can't even comprehend English it seems. I said that they should release any other photo(s) and the names of anyone else that was there.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I dare you to quote my post where I said that and bold it.

You can't even comprehend English it seems. I said that they should release any other photo(s) and the names of anyone else that was there.

easily done

I'd like to see when the media, administrators and players will release the further details. The extra photos and names of others involved. It's not fair at all that Monaghan is getting destroyed in public while others were just as stupid.

by saying that you mean others did the same thing to be classified as "just as stupid"

simply being there at the same time doesn't mean you did a thing wrong so don't try and worm out of it

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
easily done

by saying that you mean others did the same thing to be classified as "just as stupid"

simply being there at the same time doesn't mean you did a thing wrong so don't try and worm out of it

Haha. You're the one doing the worming.

Any player there and thought that this was a funny idea is someone being just as stupid.

I'm still waiting for you to come up with the quote where I said that there are any photo(s) with another player in there.

I think I'll be waiting a while, dickhead.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Haha. You're the one doing the worming.

Any player there and thought that this was a funny idea is someone being just as stupid.

I'm still waiting for you to come up with the quote where I said that there are any photo(s) with another player in there.

I think I'll be waiting a while, dickhead.

you're a dead set idiot :lol:

trying to worm out of it just as i predicted

if Monaghan decides to be a clown at a party then it's not their fault just because they were simply in the same house or room

Last edited:

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
you're a dead set idiot :lol:

trying to worm out of it just as i predicted

if Monaghan decides to be a clown at a party then it's not their fault for simply being in the same house or room

You're the one who claims I said that there are photos with other players in them because I said that anyone who thought this would be a good prank is 'just as stupid'.

Any rational person reading these posts would conclude that you're the one worming through this.

El Diablo

Post Whore
You're the one who claims I said that there are photos with other players in them because I said that anyone who thought this would be a good prank is 'just as stupid'..

that's not what you said, dickhead

read

. It's not fair at all that Monaghan is getting destroyed in public while others were just as stupid.

the only way to be just as stupid as Monaghan would be to do the exact same thing

Last edited:

Latest posts