What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
Ice (and Butch), I just had a look and there are posts without links. This little argument you're having has more to do with your lack of respect for the rules. It has nothing to do with your (false) perception that the mods are singling you out.

Sorry Willow, I have to disagree with you there. It has more to do with a lack of respect for El Diablo.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Any posts breaking the rules will be deleted. If you think the mods have missed any, don't whinge about it, report it.

simostorm

Bench
yep yep yep. a life ban for Monas is utterly absurd.

he deserves punishment of course, and he would be the first to admit that. i think having to live the rest of his life as 'that dog guy' is pretty damn punishing just quietly.

also re Weidler's article : Monas is EXACTLY like that on the drink. he is spot on.

It doesnt matter what he's gotta deal with.. its what he has done to the image of the game that matters.

He's gotta go.. not for life.. but he needs some punishment..
you cant be doing crap like this..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't mind my posts being deleted as long as everyone elses gets deleted if they do the same thing.
...posts that were getting deleted last week are not getting deleted this week because more is being reported and the chance of litigation diminishes.

Perhaps you missed that the first time.

Come on Butch, we're not kids in a schoolyard. I sincerely hope you're not having a sook about being unfairly treated. If so, I'm sure you can do better.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry Willow, I have to disagree with you there. It has more to do with a lack of respect for El Diablo.
You don't have to apologise for disagreeing with me, but more than once you have attacked the moderators on this site. It was wholesale - whinging about being moderated.

"Wow, the moderators here are f**king pedantic and idiotic."
- Ice Ice Brady

Your words.

If you don't believe me, here's the link below ;-)
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=372927&page=80

Look, I can see the personality clash going on, but that has nothing to do with the modding. You're using that. Please remember that mods are members first, and moderators second.

If you have a problem with an individual moderator, please feel free to email the site. But I can tell you now that I have seen the posts that started this squabble and you were not posting links.

Timmah

Staff member
simostorm said:
It doesnt matter what he's gotta deal with.. its what he has done to the image of the game that matters.

He's gotta go.. not for life.. but he needs some punishment..
you cant be doing crap like this..
Do you actually read posts you quote, in full?
Kiki said:
he deserves punishment of course, and he would be the first to admit that.
:lol: dear oh dear.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
You don't have to apologise for disagreeing with me, but more than once you have attacked the moderators on this site. It was wholesale - whinging about being moderated.

"Wow, the moderators here are f**king pedantic and idiotic."
- Ice Ice Brady

Your words.

If you don't believe me, here's the link below ;-)
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=372927&page=80

Look, I can see the personality clash going on, but that has nothing to do with the modding. You're using that. Please remember that mods are members first, and moderators second.

If you have a problem with an individual moderator, please feel free to email the site. But I can tell you now that I have seen the posts that started this squabble and you were not posting links.

You're right that I shouldn't have painted all the moderators. But I received a message from The Front Row account and the deletion PM didn't tell me who deleted my post. I thought it was El Diablo, but then I thought he must not be a moderator as it doesn't indicate under his name on his posts. So I thought someone else was doing that.

It wasn't until I received an infringement notice that had his name that I realised it was him all along.

I also admit the first post didn't have links. I then added sources - 2 in fact. And that further post was deleted. I posted it again with a third source.

This whole time there was no explanation for what I needed to source (and I am still waiting for some clarification) so I sourced everything. But El Diablo still deleted it. And the only reason that could be the case is

simply because the text or image holds an opinion contrary to [El Diablo's] own

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks.

And back on topic:

I see that Monaghan may have some interest in the UK now that he has quit the Raiders (Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-in-the-future/story-fn2mcuj6-1225948913616).

Thank you Icey.

And in the spirit of getting back on topic, ftr I voted 'no' in the initial poll. Banning a player for life for this is over the top.

I also note that the initial sense of outrage has diminished, and the 'no' vote is actually closing in on the 'yes' vote.

I wonder how many folks who voted on day one would like to have their vote again?

Timmah

Staff member
For the record, I'm not sure Twitter passes muster as a "source" unless it's the twitter account of an accredited media website, and even then it's iffy.

El Diablo

Post Whore
You're right that I shouldn't have painted all the moderators. But I received a message from The Front Row account and the deletion PM didn't tell me who deleted my post. I thought it was El Diablo, but then I thought he must not be a moderator as it doesn't indicate under his name on his posts. So I thought someone else was doing that.

It wasn't until I received an infringement notice that had his name that I realised it was him all along.

I also admit the first post didn't have links. I then added sources - 2 in fact. And that further post was deleted. I posted it again with a third source.

This whole time there was no explanation for what I needed to source (and I am still waiting for some clarification) so I sourced everything. But El Diablo still deleted it. And the only reason that could be the case is

read your infraction

notice the part I clearly pointed out

tell me please that you can see what you posted is libelous without a source

Slammin

Juniors
And in the spirit of getting back on topic, ftr I voted 'no' in the initial poll. Banning a player for life for this is over the top.

I personally don't care either way, I have seen some sick sh*t in my time and this would probably scale about a 7-8/10.

What I do enjoy is the media and public witch hunt of him, this is just entertainment for me.

That said I definitely don't want to see him banned for life, or even a year. Would like to see him come back and get called dog fker and watch the fight unveil on the field. (My bet is it will be Hodges to do it)

RHCP

Bench
That said I definitely don't want to see him banned for life, or even a year. Would like to see him come back and get called dog fker and watch the fight unveil on the field. (My bet is it will be Hodges to do it)
And Sam Thaiday to be third man in, of course. ;-)

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm willing to wager the boofheads in footy were boofheads before footy, or were always going to be boofheads.. the notion that people only do these things because they're rugby league players is absurd.

As for the image of the game - of course it's bad for the image of the game, I don't deny that at all... however, some people are obviously getting carried away in their opinion because of how personally disgusted they are.

Footy *is* played by a lot of boofheads...who gives a f**k?

:lol::lol::lol: feel the need to explain yourself did you?

oooh, 3 smileys, that must make you feel like you're hung like a Wildebeest.

Face facts, someone who deliberately searches for a picture that they know contains bestiality has problems.

And in all seriousness, I haven't seen many of your posts but you had plenty of problems before your penchant for bestiality came out...

Skirt.

there are basically two groups of people posting in this thread:

1.) diehard rl fans, which is admirable. Unfortunately, they are also suffering from a severe case of stupidity, which makes them completely incapable of seeing the bigger picture. They are classic examples of why RL never learns from it's mistakes. Commonly found in positions of power at RL clubs

2.) people that actually see the wider implications for this and would like to see the issue of players misbehaving addresses in a way that does not include one of the following moronic justifications:

- others players from other codes do it too
- it used to be worse when they didn't report on it
- it's not his go
- it doesn't affect ratings (allegedly) so who cares
- it doesn't hurt anyone so who cares
- players will always be stupid so suck it up

You nappy-wearing, dummy-sucking, sandals-with-socks wearing girl's blouse.

You feigning indignation at the attitudes of some members over this issue here is f**king hilarious. Not just hilarious, f**king hilarious.

I say that will all due respect Moffo, as you're obviously seen here as one of the senior members and most respected posters on this site.

:lol:

The only feasible way to minimise the amount of stupid sh*t that occurs off the field is the NRL only to register rugby league players after the following options:

IQ Test - A score of 125 or higher
High School Certificate - At least a B- or higher grade average

Pick whichever one you want, you'll still get the few idiots but not as many. The biggest problem is if we set the bar that high for these players our league would suffer and would no longer be entertaining, everyone should just go support their local cup sides.

err, no, it won't work.

NFL players all go through College and their list of off-field indiscretions makes the NRL's look like a rough day at Sunday School.

Blaze

Juniors
tbh I think this whole scandal just exemplifies the arbitrary, absurd nature of human morality in our current society, especially regarding sex and the backlash against "weird" sexuality that imo is the result of us no longer being able to voice our inherent conservatism through opposition to homosexuality etc

If Monaghan punched someone in the face it would be comparatively minor, because people punch each other in the face all the time. Yet, the victim would suffer a great deal of pain, possibly broken bones, even lifelong consequences.

However, if he even pretends to have a dog lick his nuts, he's regarded as so much worse, and yet even if he DID have a dog lick his nuts, who is actually the victim?

To me it just seems like a stupid prank...does anyone actually think that Monaghan enjoys sex with animals?? And yet, because this behaviour can fit neatly into a "yuck" label like bestiality, we all have to condemn it as if he sodomised the dog and then ate it alive.

Great post.

Latest posts