What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Okay, The NRL are absolute spastics for not taking action towards the media cycle of this incident.

Protecting the kids from something like this should be the first priority to lessen the damage Joel Monaghan may of caused from what happened.

"Today Joel Monaghan engaged in sexual orientation with a dog"...

You may as well tell any 12 year old kid with a dirty mind exactly what happened or show them the f**king picture, because he will realise there is only one of 3 possible things that could of happened.

The Photo is still available for viewing on the Internet still in several different locations, How is that protecting children?.

The NRL, Rugby League Commision needed all media types to sign an exclusivity agreement so that the details of the incident weren't released to the general public to the capacity it has. (Similar to the agreement that happened between the comission and all media types regarding the Independent Comission)

The Photo being shared around on social networking sites can't be action to make sure the damage to the game and the entirely the fault of the NRL, but the NRL's job here is to take immediate action and taking the necessary steps for very little information regarding the incident be exposed, obviously some people would of seen the photo before anyone could do anything about it. But it would of reduced the spectacle of it all.

This is being blown out of complete and utter proportion, This is no different to the Nate Myles incident, a vile incident while fuelled with alchohol, I don't think It's THAT bad, I really don't, It's something you'd see or hear about on American Pie, Completely stupid and yes, crude...But There is other major things to worry about...ASSAULT!, SEXUAL ASSAULT!,
Crimes where NRL players are at fault or involved in an incident where another human being has been physically assaulted and mentally ridiculed.

Was anybody physically or mentally hurt in all of this?, Hello, It's a dog it doesn't know between right and wrong, No damage was done to the dog, RSPCA may jump up and down about it and it's completely understand that, But I'd definately see someone being seriously assaulted more chance or liable to be terminated from the NRL for life.

So the NRL should cover this up, is that your position ?

I agree the reporting on Kearns is a disgrace. If I misunderstood where you were going with your posts I apologise. I got the impression that you were trying to say that somehow Monaghan's effort was ok because Kearns did it also.

I am curious as to who else you think should get the arse ?

No, what Monaghan did was not ok and if he is flicked then so be it. I couldn't argue with that decision even though if it was my decision, he wouldn't get the arse.

The bloke taking the photo should get the arse as well, if Monaghan gets it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Okay, The NRL are absolute spastics for not taking action towards the media cycle of this incident.

Protecting the kids from something like this should be the first priority to lessen the damage Joel Monaghan may of caused from what happened.

"Today Joel Monaghan engaged in sexual orientation with a dog"...

You may as well tell any 12 year old kid with a dirty mind exactly what happened or show them the f**king picture, because he will realise there is only one of 3 possible things that could of happened.

The Photo is still available for viewing on the Internet still in several different locations, How is that protecting children?.

The NRL, Rugby League Commision needed all media types to sign an exclusivity agreement so that the details of the incident weren't released to the general public to the capacity it has. (Similar to the agreement that happened between the comission and all media types regarding the Independent Comission)

The Photo being shared around on social networking sites can't be action to make sure the damage to the game and the entirely the fault of the NRL, but the NRL's job here is to take immediate action and taking the necessary steps for very little information regarding the incident be exposed, obviously some people would of seen the photo before anyone could do anything about it. But it would of reduced the spectacle of it all.

This is being blown out of complete and utter proportion, This is no different to the Nate Myles incident, a vile incident while fuelled with alchohol, I don't think It's THAT bad, I really don't, It's something you'd see or hear about on American Pie, Completely stupid and yes, crude...But There is other major things to worry about...ASSAULT!, SEXUAL ASSAULT!,
Crimes where NRL players are at fault or involved in an incident where another human being has been physically assaulted and mentally ridiculed.

Was anybody physically or mentally hurt in all of this?, Hello, It's a dog it doesn't know between right and wrong, No damage was done to the dog, RSPCA may jump up and down about it and it's completely understand that, But I'd definately see someone being seriously assaulted more chance or liable to be terminated from the NRL for life.
This is hilarious :lol:

While you're 100% right about the incident being blown out of proportion, your reaction toward the NRL is hilarious. I'm not sure you have any idea how social networks (in this case Twitter) actually work - this was well and truly public knowledge before anyone close to the NRL even got wind of it. The story had it's own wings well before the officialdom got onto it.

Looks to me like you're just using any excuse you can to lay the boot into the NRL, like any typical Manly or Souths fan usually does...

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors

While you're 100% right about the incident being blown out of proportion, your reaction toward the NRL is hilarious. I'm not sure you have any idea how social networks (in this case Twitter) actually work - this was well and truly public knowledge before anyone close to the NRL even got wind of it. The story had it's own wings well before the officialdom got onto it.

Looks to me like you're just using any excuse you can to lay the boot into the NRL, like any typical Manly or Souths fan usually does...

You're being naive if you think that either the Raiders or NRL or both administrations didn't about the existence of these photos.

Last edited:

butchmcdick

Post Whore
No, what Monaghan did was not ok and if he is flicked then so be it. I couldn't argue with that decision even though if it was my decision, he wouldn't get the arse.

The bloke taking the photo should get the arse as well, if Monaghan gets it.

I think the bloke who posted this on twitter needs to be arsed as well.

This whole thing smacks of idiots not realising he consequences of their actions. Monaghan for doing it and some idiot for thinking how funny it would be if it was on twitter. Nobody here has thought this through at all.

One part of this that is bugging me is that apparently the photo had been sent around the media traps for a number of days before 3AW posted it. How many other things like this never see the light of day because the journo community closes ranks and don't leak it? I guess it happens less these days in the age of the Internet, but one wonders how bad this stuff gets.

The photo has been around since at least last week.

Slackboy72

Coach
Just a question for someone with more knowledge of the law than myself:
Although we don't know if the act is real or simulated we do know that it is not something he can be prosecuted for in the ACT.
Can the person who tweeted the pic be prosecuted for posting the picture online if they were not in the ACT?

eagles4eva

First Grade

What are you banging on about???? what a stupid thing to say....

Evenflow

Bench
this was well and truly public knowledge before anyone close to the NRL even got wind of it. The story had it's own wings well before the officialdom got onto it.

How the f**k would you have any idea which individual/organization had prior knowledge of this story before it broke yesterday? Given you pointed out it was already "well and truly public knowledge" wouldn't it be perfectly feasible (and highly likely) to think that someone would've questioned the NRL about it, especially given the telegraph reported on Sunday that the photo was doing the rounds? Or are you that naive to think that the scummy paper knew about this and didn't attempt to follow it up with anybody at the NRL? Surely you couldn't be that dumb to believe that Tim.........or could you?

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
How the f**k would you have any idea which individual/organization had prior knowledge of this story before it broke yesterday? Given you pointed out it was already "well and truly public knowledge" wouldn't it be perfectly feasible (and highly likely) to think that someone would've questioned the NRL about it, especially given the telegraph reported on Sunday that the photo was doing the rounds? Or are you that naive to think that the scummy paper knew about this and didn't attempt to follow it up with anybody at the NRL? Surely you couldn't be that dumb to believe that Tim.........or could you?

Tim is in fact that dumb.

BunniesMan

Immortal

The point is it's irrelevant. Once mobile phones are involved it doesn't really matter whether the NRL or the Raiders or any organisation knows. They can't stop it once it gets on the internet.

dontbro

Juniors
We're all so quick to blame the footy players.

But what did that bitch think, being on the same premises where a bunch of first graders were celebrating and drinking on Mad Monday?

What did she think she was invited to the party to eat coco pop crackles and fairy bread?

F*** me, I'm not one to blame the victim but come on.

eagles4eva

First Grade

But what did that bitch think, being on the same premises where a bunch of first graders were celebrating and drinking on Mad Monday?

What did she think she was invited to the party to eat coco pop crackles and fairy bread?

Bad taste.....

Brutus

Referee
phil,1.jpg

adamkungl

Immortal

:lol:

Seriously...i'm over the outrage. It's just funny now. Imo if he gets the sack it's pretty ridiculous. Are we really trying to make the statement that taking a disgusting photo is WORSE than the following

-alleged sexual assault
-assault
-drink driving
-sh*tting in a hotel corridor
-being Tony Archer
-cheating the salary cap