What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slammin

Juniors
Oh the irony.

You're on your wowster outrage high horse, yet you'd let your 8 year old son on the internet. :lol:

Way to avoid the question. Also where did they say the kid is on the internet? Maybe another kid found it, printed it and brought it to school for everyone to see.

Maybe in future you should try less on the assumptions.

Yeah, no.

If everyone who had done something stupid or disgraceful whilst not at work was sacked by their employer, we'd all be on the dole. I've been to buck's nights where this thing would have been considered tame

Don't talk crap.

These blokes are put there, they don't put themselves there. How many players do you see coming out in the press demanding they be considered role models?

They've f**ked up in the past, they'll f**k up in the future and there's nothing that can be done about it apart from making sure they understand the ramifications and consequences of actions like this one.

Ending his career should not be an option. Kicking him in the arse, giving him an extended holiday, fining him, yes, making him do charity work, sure, ending his NRL career, no. But of course, that's exactly what will happen.

They are extremely public figures and like it or lump it kids look up to them which is the very defination of a role model.

If they dont like being a role model, they can don a shirt and tie or fluro vest like the rest of us.

Until then they can stop sh*tting in motel rooms and letting dogs lick their wangs or deal with the consequences of disgracing the brand they represent.

And EA no one gives a f**k what you do, go and set your feet on fire for all we care, when you become a public figure playing a sport that tonnes of kids play then we might care.

They did ask to be a role model because being a proffessional athlete is what they've chosen to do!

Didgi

Way to avoid the question. Also where did they say the kid is on the internet? Maybe another kid found it, printed it and brought it to school for everyone to see.

If another kid brought it to school, and showed everyone, that's reflective of that kid's parents and, to a lesser extent, the school. Not his 8 year old kid.

shane87

Juniors
In no way am I a wowser, but the pic sickened me guys..I don't have kids but my brother does..so far he and his boys play league + go to as many games as they can + his boys have older cousins, they were the one's that told him there was no santa yada yada..like you were never told something by an older kid? his 7yr old came home from school with the dog story, no need for the net at all.

Some of you really just don't get it do ya. It's like you don't want the league to at least have a reasonable image, it's not about you, it's about the mums, dads, kids, general public..it's what they think, and they don't need a beatup in the media to think like that.

All they need is their own moral outrage and disgust..some of you liken that to wowsers, you have no idea what the word really means and it's nothing to do with dogs giving head.
There's no excuse for this, none!! get it yet? Don't make excuses for these guys, for their anti-social behaviours, you only make it worse.

Slam the gooses for all your worth, otherwise, if anything goes with their behaviour, and they think it ok because they were smashed, league will eventually be history..the 'wowsers' will win, they just won't follow the game!
No good saying any other sports do this and that, league is my chosen sport, and I'm sick to death of the drug, rape, gf bashing, glassing and now dog stories.

And so are lots of others, don't condone it. It's time these idiots learnt that anti social behaviour is not a good thing.

Desert Qlder

First Grade

Geez you're behind the times mate.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
And Willow, to suggest that it's a matter between him and the club only is ridiculous.
Moffo, do you think the club should not be involved? Of course I said more than that. You pick out the bits that upset you and blank out the rest. That's what people do when they are going out of their way to get offended.

Monaghan has brought the game into disrepute and the NRL and the club with deal with all that. Beyond that, the sun will come up tomorrow and you'll have more big news to ponder.

It has to be left with the club and the NRL to investigate and decide on a course of action, for the immediate future as well as for the long term. That's the practical solution available to us right now. Perhaps you'd like some divine intervention. Not sure, because you're stamping your feet and moaning a lot, but you're not offering any solutions that I can see.

Moffo said:
Has the sun really got to you that much up there?
lol. How wonderfully judgmental.
Moffo said:
Do you realize the impact that things like this have on the wider public?
lol. FFS. Yep, this is upsetting you.
Moffo said:
It is a concern for everyone that wants the game to pick it's image up, how don't you get that?
Where did I say I want the game to have a bad image? Really... you're just making up stuff in order to get yourself more worked up.
Moffo said:
You might have some rose colored glasses on
Funny coming from a Canterbury supporter who played the 'water under the bridge' card. Never mention the Oasis scandal around you eh Moffo? It's all in the past, right? Hypocrite.
Moffo said:
but the bottom line is that RL has the worst image of any sport I.
Worst than cricket? Worst than AFL? Worst than soccer? Worst than boxing? Worst than dog racing - oh lol... dog racing. Worst than c**k fighting...? ok the last one is taking the puns too far.

But try to have a chuckle Moff. I find it helps to keep things in perspective. You look like you need a little bit of that right now.

To say that RL has the worst image of any sport is a sweeping statement not backed up by facts. Moreover, it doesn't address any of the issues or offer any solutions.
Moffo said:
Australia at the moment by the length of the flemigton straight.
Ironic, using an analogy from racing. That sport of kings, untainted by scandal, race fixing, corruption or cover ups. Colourful racing identities are actually upstanding members of the community who go to church on Sunday.
Moffo said:
We need to addresss this once and for all, how the f**k don't you get that?

I thought I and other members were addressing it here. Maybe if you removed your sense of moral outrage and were less of a drama queen you could join in the discussion as well.

Last edited:

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Yeah, no.

If everyone who had done something stupid or disgraceful whilst not at work was sacked by their employer, we'd all be on the dole. I've been to buck's nights where this thing would have been considered tame

Don't talk crap.

These blokes are put there, they don't put themselves there. How many players do you see coming out in the press demanding they be considered role models?

They've f**ked up in the past, they'll f**k up in the future and there's nothing that can be done about it apart from making sure they understand the ramifications and consequences of actions like this one.

Ending his career should not be an option. Kicking him in the arse, giving him an extended holiday, fining him, yes, making him do charity work, sure, ending his NRL career, no. But of course, that's exactly what will happen.

Talk about rose coloured glasses.

Like it or not the players are representatives of their club and the NRL even during the offseason. It doesn't matter if the players don't want to be role models.

If you were identified with your employer the way NRL players are with the code and their individual clubs and your behavior at the bucks party you mention got out you would be sacked.

You mention players f**king up and understanding the ramifications of their actions. I am sure that all players are educated on the behavior expected of them by their clubs, the NRL and the sponsores. You can try to spin this anyway you want but their is no way in hell that Monaghan's behavior can be spun to make it seem ok to the clubs, the NRL or the sponsores. No amount of charity work will rebabilitate his image. He must be sacked.

While I understand that other may have done worse that by no means makes his or their behavior any better. No organisation will part with millions of dollars in sponsorship or tv rights to be associated with a player involved in this.

TheDalek079

Bench
Comments like this crap are just stupid.

thanks for the reply. i will take your opinion on board in the hope of making my future posts more valuable to the wider internet community. thanks for the input.

either that or i'll just ignore it. as if i'd care what a nine-post keyboard hero thinks of me and my comments

Willow

Assistant Moderator
thanks for the reply. i will take your opinion on board in the hope of making my future posts more valuable to the wider internet community. thanks for the input.

either that or i'll just ignore it. as if i'd care what a nine-post keyboard hero thinks of me and my comments

If I may expand further...

Perhaps Shane could offer a solution, other than what looks like telling people not hold an opinion contrary to his own.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm a Raiders fan and I vote yes. Ban him for life. We don't need this sh*t in our game.
Also a raiders fan - sack him from our club yes but banning him is a bridge too far. Give him a suspension and time for penance and then if he wants a chance at redemption. But not at Canberra.

applesauce

Bench
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/tec...itter-leaker-breaks-cover-20101105-17gex.html

ff_6_11-420x0.jpg

Last edited:

badav

Bench
Yeah, no.

Don't talk crap.

Its no longer 1972 where people communicate by land line telephone or letter and pen.

These days people are hired and fired based on what goes on the internet. Anonymous people who are nobodies. Yes it does happen.

Then when you take into consideration that he's a high profile professional sports person. Its really not comparable to bucks parties you attended more than 30 years ago.

These days if your dumb enough to let a dog suck your dick and have a bunch of your deadsh*t mates around with their cameras out then you deserve everything you get.

Last edited:

Didgi

So this wasn't 'stick it on twitter for a laugh'. This was 'send it to key figures to get Monaghan sacked'. Another piece of scum.

Latest posts