What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey risks his future

Raider_69

Post Whore
Channel 10 just quotes "Johns slams claims he is turning his back on his country"

unless in the interview he says if it comes to it, he will don the green and gold over the Wolves guernsey then im afraid he's flat wrong, he is turning his back on his country... IMO of course

Razor

Coach
Disagree. Anyone who wants to put their club, their only loyalty to which is money, before playing for the Roos in the TS final is retired from rep footy for mine.

So what do you think about the players in 1996 who said "I don't care about playing for Australia. My only loyalty is to my club". Do you think those players, some of whom like Lockyer are still playing, should continue to be picked?

Razor

Coach
of course your ignoring the facts that in no previous history has a player been given an international exemption for a club game. Why should we make exceptions?

But it's an English club game.

The Kiwi's have given international exception to players playing in England for club reasons.
The English have given international exceptions to players playing in the NRL for club reasons.

The only reason the ARL hasn't given international exceptions before is because they never pick English based players and whenever an Australian test is there isn't a club match to interfere.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Thats because they do it out of need
we dont need to do it, nor do our players. If they do its because the player himself has placed himself in that position. There for must accepted the consequences to his actions. Johns signed on to play for Warrington, the reaction is that if they make the GF that he should miss the Tri Series.

Razor

Coach
Raider_69 said:
Thats because they do it out of need
we dont need to do it, nor do our players. If they do its because the player himself has placed himself in that position. There for must accepted the consequences to his actions. Johns signed on to play for Warrington, the reaction is that if they make the GF that he should miss the Tri Series.

He should miss one game, not the whole series.

Raider_69

Post Whore
no, he should miss the entire series
that is the consequence of putting a club side that means nothing to him ahead of his country. Infact if i were incharge not only should he miss the series but he would never play for australia again. Its a shame im not. As if i was, theres a good chance the international game would have more credability to it then it currently has.

K Hunt, T Caroll, B Thorn would all be playing for the Kiwis thats for damn sure

Razor

Coach
Raider_69 said:
no, he should miss the entire series
that is the consequence of putting a club side that means nothing to him ahead of his country. Infact if i were incharge not only should he miss the series but he would never play for australia again. Its a shame im not. As if i was, theres a good chance the international game would have more credability to it then it currently has.

Yet you don't have a problem with the "I don't want to play for Australia because News Ltd is paying me not to" players who refused to play in 1996 still playing?

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:
Yet you don't have a problem with the "I don't want to play for Australia because News Ltd is paying me not to" players who refused to play in 1996 still playing?

What about the players who deserved spots in 95 yet were over looked by the ARL because of SL?

Alot of players got over looked in 96 aswell because of that.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Kiwi, we are talking about players, if picked for a test, preferring to play club football.

I find it laughable that canberra fans and Bronco fans want to crucify Andrew Johns for asking permission in the event of his commitments clashing, when all your bloody players refused to play for their country. I recall Laurie Dalay proclaiming "I can't wait to play my last ARL game". Mal Maninga "I got nothing for playing for Australia". Glenn Lazarus "They (the ARL) have made their choice, lets watch 'em die"

They put the holy $$$ before the game, and couldn't wait to see the game die.

Funny, because the absence of wankers like Daley, Stuart and Langer was how Andrew Johns made his test debut. Remember his man of the match performance - at 20 years of age, in the '95 World Cup decider?

Bloody Hypocrites!!!!!!!

Kiwi

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Kiwi, we are talking about players, if picked for a test, preferring to play club football.

I find it laughable that canberra fans and Bronco fans want to crucify Andrew Johns for asking permission in the event of his commitments clashing, when all your bloody players refused to play for their country. I recall Laurie Dalay proclaiming "I can't wait to play my last ARL game". Mal Maninga "I got nothing for playing for Australia". Glenn Lazarus "They (the ARL) have made their choice, lets watch 'em die"

They put the holy $$$ before the game, and couldn't wait to see the game die.

Funny, because the absence of wankers like Daley, Stuart and Langer was how Andrew Johns made his test debut. Remember his man of the match performance - at 20 years of age, in the '95 World Cup decider?

Bloody Hypocrites!!!!!!!

So now your jumping on the SL soapbox seeing as everything else you've come up with has failed.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Only failed to change those that want to crucify Johns for no other reason that he is Johns.

I guess some people are still believers in the Flat Earth theory too.

Kiwi

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Only failed to change those that want to crucify Johns for no other reason that he is Johns.

I guess some people are still believers in the Flat Earth theory too.

So anyone that doesn't agree with you is just trying to crucify Johns....rightio, sorry dude we're not interested in stroking your ego and agreeing with you, you may just have to build a bridge.

Razor

Coach
Roosters fans would have to deal with the fact that Adrian Morley is a Englishman first and a rooster 2nd. The way it should be, the way it isnt with Andrew Johns

But the Roosters and the NRL won't release him for English tests if it clashes with a club match.

So anyone that doesn't agree with you is just trying to crucify Johns....rightio, sorry dude we're not interested in stroking your ego and agreeing with you, you may just have to build a bridge.

You said if Johns doesn't want to play in ONE test match to help out a club, then he should be banned for life. But you don't have a problem with several players refusing to play a test because they were paid to still playing. So it's obvious that it's about Johns, and nothing else. If it was Lockyer you wouldn't have a problem, since Lockyer has refused to play a test match before.

Misty Bee

First Grade

So now your jumping on the SL soapbox seeing as everything else you've come up with has failed.

I'm not the one making this personal because I haven't got anymore comebacks on the topic.

Nor am I the one publicly persecuting a player who is trying to sort out a potential problem in advance.

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:
If it was Lockyer you wouldn't have a problem, since Lockyer has refused to play a test match before.

see if you are going to post something like this it is best to check the facts.
D Lockyer have never ever refused to play a test match.
That "refusal" you mention was in 1996. D Lockyers 2nd yr and not even close to being in the rep scene. He was just "another bronco"
D Lockyers 1st test with the ARL was in 1998 vs the kiwis...and he had a shocker.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Razor, I can recall the SL players - en masee- refusing to play test football forAustrali because of their SL money. I recall a young Wendall Sailor saying "I'd love to play, but I can't"

It's OK because they were SL players, Broncos, Raiders or whoever. But because it'sJohns, he's a grub who doesn't value his country over the almighty $. Funny how putting the almighty $ over your country was something that Broncos and Raiders players did a few years ago.

Hipocracy at it's finest.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Nor am I the one publicly persecuting a player who is trying to sort out a potential problem in advance.

how is he doing that? John Fordham has come out in the media and said that they will deal with that problem (should warrington make the GF) if it arises.
At present they are just going through the motions are waiting and seeing if it happens. Sure, it might not, but if it does, then they will have to deal with it. I think they (and the ARL) should deal with it now and be proactive rather than reactive.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Razor, I can recall the SL players - en masee- refusing to play test football forAustrali because of their SL money. I recall a young Wendall Sailor saying "I'd love to play, but I can't"

It's OK because they were SL players, Broncos, Raiders or whoever. But because it'sJohns, he's a grub who doesn't value his country over the almighty $. Funny how putting the almighty $ over your country was something that Broncos and Raiders players did a few years ago.

Hipocracy at it's finest.

that is true misty, i wont argue with that.
2 wrongs dont make a right though do they?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Charlie, Johns' case is different. He's not refusing to play for Australia for ever. He's asking for an exemption to play in the most important game in the northern hemisphere for his contracted club.

Latest posts