What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey risks his future

Green Machine

First Grade
Razor said:
Players like Stevens, Tallis, etc. turned the back on the clubs to go to the dark side.
I think Phil Gould calling Tallis a bench player had more to do with Tallis leaving the Saints. I suppose Gordie did not see much future in the Dragon/Rooster joint venture Nick & Geoff cooked up with Gus as the coach. Stevens might have thought the same thing

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:
He was rated an outside chance and was asked in an interview when the players refused to play, that if he were to be picked as a replacement would he play. He answered no.

you are a fooooooooooool.
Lockyer was never in the hunt in 1996 for the broncos! So how the f**k would be be a chance for Australia? Was he going to beat Brasher? I dont think so. Was he going to beat Daley for 5/8? I dont think so.
He couldnt even hold down a 1st grade spot at the broncos in 1996 as Robbie Ross was fullback for them and he couldnt get that spot regularly....plus he was a graded 5/8 and he was never going to beat Walters there at the broncos.
Stop talking SH!T razor...you have NFI

Razor

Coach
Green Machine said:
I think Phil Gould calling Tallis a bench player had more to do with Tallis leaving the Saints. I suppose Gordie did not see much future in the Dragon/Rooster joint venture Nick & Geoff cooked up with Gus as the coach. Stevens might have thought the same thing

Does Gordie even know what negotiation is?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Stuart turned down Australia for Rupert. Thanks for confirming that.

So you are a hypocrite over your Johns stance. Thanks for confirming that also.

I guess hypocracy is OK. As long as you are clear about it. So, if you wish to be openly hypocritical, I can respect that. I respect your honesty.

Have a lovely day. :)

Razor

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
you are a fooooooooooool.
Lockyer was never in the hunt in 1996 for the broncos! So how the f**k would be be a chance for Australia? Was he going to beat Brasher? I dont think so. Was he going to beat Daley for 5/8? I dont think so.
He couldnt even hold down a 1st grade spot at the broncos in 1996 as Robbie Ross was fullback for them and he couldnt get that spot regularly....plus he was a graded 5/8 and he was never going to beat Walters there at the broncos.
Stop talking SH!T razor...you have NFI

He was rated an outside chance. And I didn't say I agreed with them. But remember back in 1996 Brisbane had it's own Rugby League show and didn't take Hadley. And of the 4 panelists, 3 of them were News Ltd, and all 4 were SL supporters. Do you even think before talking? You'd remember that, you live in Brisbane.

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:
He was rated an outside chance. And I didn't say I agreed with them. But remember back in 1996 Brisbane had it's own Rugby League show and didn't take Hadley. And of the 4 panelists, 3 of them were News Ltd, and all 4 were SL supporters. Do you even think before talking? You'd remember that, you live in Brisbane.

my god you are making yourself look more nuts.
So 4 bronco biased panelists think someone from the broncos who cant even make the run on team for his club is an outside chance to play for australia.
Well then it must be FACT.

Green Machine

First Grade
Razor said:
But they also said "I don't care if they ever play for Australia again" - why would the ARL want players that don't care?
I don't understand what your problem is. Johnny Raper did not considered them and did not pick them. I don't think the Super League players were that worried either. Misty tried to make out that the Super League players were more interested in being at home counting their money than playing in the World Cup, which was bullsh*t. I have no problem with Andrew Johns. I like him as footballer. A know Ricky Stuart likes him as well. Andrew Johns was quoted after the 1997 ARL as saying Ricky rang before the game and gave him some advice. I you think I've got some axe to grind with Andrew Johns, you are barking up the wrong tree,

Razor

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
my god you are making yourself look more nuts.
So 4 bronco biased panelists think someone from the broncos who cant even make the run on team for his club is an outside chance to play for australia.

I said I didn't agree with them, but that's what they said. And they asked him the question which you said they didn't

Lockyer did play the exhibition tests in 1997, so he couldn't have been to far behind in 1996.

And with Misty saying that you live in Sydney, you wouldn't have been able to listen to ths show. So how would you know that they didn't ask that? Or are you making excuses for Lockyer now?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Razor, Charlie is a Sydneysider, born and bred, who hates his state.

And he bags Joey for not putting all aside to represent!

Hypocrite!!!!

Razor

Coach
Green Machine said:
I don't understand what your problem is. Johnny Raper did not considered them and did not pick them. I don't think the Super League players were that worried either.

Of course the players weren't worried. They said during the year when asked if the ban would affect their decision. They all said "No. I don't care if I ever play for Australia again, it means nothing to me."

Razor

Coach
Green Machine said:
Why don't you ask him,

If you read, you'd have seen that Gordie has admitted he didn't know what negotiation was. His manager had to explain it to him, when Gordie got angry with what Gould said at the negotiation table.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I don't understand what your problem is. Johnny Raper did not considered them and did not pick them. I don't think the Super League players were that worried either. Misty tried to make out that the Super League players were more interested in being at home counting their money than playing in the World Cup, which was bullsh*t. I have no problem with Andrew Johns. I like him as footballer. A know Ricky Stuart likes him as well. Andrew Johns was quoted after the 1997 ARL as saying Ricky rang before the game and gave him some advice. I you think I've got some axe to grind with Andrew Johns, you are barking up the wrong tree,

So why ignore the fact that Ricky turned down the ARLoffer to captain his country, so he could play with Canberra instead.

Ricky ditched the national jumper NOT for a grand final, but for pissant games vs z grade teams like the Hunter Mariners in front of 2 blokes and a bored labrador at Breakers Stadium!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hypocracy!!!!!

Green Machine

First Grade
Razor said:
Of course the players weren't worried. They said during the year when asked if the ban would affect their decision. They all said "No. I don't care if I ever play for Australia again, it means nothing to me."
[/size]
You're right, if the Super League players never played in a Packer controlled League again, it would not worried them one bit,

Razor

Coach
Green Machine said:
You're right, if the Super League players never played in a Packer controlled League again, it would not worried them one bit,

They only wanted to play in the Rupert owned and operated League and forgo all representive football, even saying that they didn't want to play international football.

Misty Bee

First Grade
You're right, if the Super League players never played in a Packer controlled League again, it would not worried them one bit

Until Justice Burchett's decision canned Traitor League for '96, when they slinked back, after cuasing a round of forfeits.

But ignore that they forfeited games. Ignore that Stuart ditched a national jumper to play Traitor League.

Just crucify Johns for trying to honour a contract, and asking for an exemption toplay one grand final.

Green Machine

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
So why ignore the fact that Ricky turned down the ARLoffer to captain his country, so he could play with Canberra instead.

Ricky ditched the national jumper NOT for a grand final, but for pissant games vs z grade teams like the Hunter Mariners in front of 2 blokes and a bored labrador at Breakers Stadium!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hypocracy!!!!!
You're right, he turned down the opportunity to captain the Packer corporation national team and play out his career Packer controlled Roosters or Eagles, to play with a little old team from Queanbeyan. Talking of big crowds, he missed the chance to play before a full house at Lang Park against the Crushers.

Green Machine

First Grade
Razor said:
They only wanted to play in the Rupert owned and operated League and forgo all representive football, even saying that they didn't want to play international football.
You're right, and isn't good now,

Razor

Coach
Green Machine said:
You're right, he turned down the opportunity to captain the Packer corporation national team and play out his career Packer controlled Roosters or Eagles, to play with a little old team from Queanbeyan.

Yes he put club before country. And not a major club game, but run-of-the-mill week-to-week club games. You don't have a problem with that. But you have a problem with Johns putting a GRAND FINAL before international football?

Say last year if Canberra made the Grand Final and New Zealand and England had a test match arranged for that week, you'd have insisted Wiki play for the Kiwis rather than help your club win the Grand Final?

Misty Bee

First Grade
You're right, he turned down the opportunity to captain the Packer corporation national team and play out his career Packer controlled Roosters or Eagles, to play with a little old team from Queanbeyan. Talking of big crowds, he missed the chance to play before a full house at Lang Park against the Crushers.

You moron. Packer had zip to do ith the selection of the Test side. Stuart dudded his country - fact.

But you are obviously clouded in judgement and hypocracy.

Anyway, the jumper Stuart turned down is the same jumper Joey wants toplay for. And Joey is not turning it down.

Maybe the drugs are affecting your judgement. Maybe you don't take drugs, and are naturally stupid. Why bother.

Latest posts