What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey risks his future

Raider_69

Post Whore
the old super league chest nut aye misty
scraping the barell. And really only proved that you've got nothing

If johns chooses to play for Warrington over Australia, he should at the very least not play in the entire Tri Series. If for australia ever again.

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:
So a Grand Final has zero meaning to a player now?

not a mickey mouse league in England. No. Johns goes over there for a 3 game stint and people react as though he has played in england all yr and his heart is in it.
If Johns manages to make the GF in england and they lose he would not be anywhere near as upset as compared to losing an NRL GF.
Its not like Johns has played alot of games for australia the last 2 yrs is it?
He has missed 11 or so tests since he has been injured and i would have thought he would be itching to put on a green and gold jersey.
Obviously not.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Charlie Saab said:
why am i arrogant?
All you knights and blues loving wankers want Johns as captain of his country yet he doesnt know if he will play for australia or play a mickey mouse game in england. Those are not the qualities of a captain of Australia.
Joeys heart will be sooooooooooo into Warrington....3-4 games and he will be "one of them". Please....give me a bag so i can throw up

well said
If Warrington lost the GF or were knocked out i doubt you'd see him throw his mouth guard. He'd shrug his shoulders, go "ohh well maybe next year" and then get on with things. To suggest he'd actually care too much is to be silly IMO. He will have played there for 6 weeks max. He is there for cash and another plastic accolade... shame he places a mickey mouse accolade ahead of captaining his country :roll: unaustralian prick

Joey's already achieved captaining a winning Aussie team what on earth is it wrong with wanting to add a superleague GF to his list of accomplishments I think that its perfectly reasonable when his an old man he will be able to brag if they win that his accomplished everything possible in league.

Would you want that want one last accomplishment bugging you like an itch for the rest of your life SAAB, thinking if only that I would have done everything.

Wake up lollipoper and stop jerking off over lockyer and your maroon jumper.

I swear if the bronco's dont win the GF your gonna cop it.

Plus we know we are going to flog them even if we sent out aus school boys side over there its not as if they are going to loose wether or not he is there or not.

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:
Play in the Grand Final and skip the test. But I'm not the one who says Johns should skip the Grand Final.

Your continual failure to answer tells me that you want him to not play for his country but to play the Grand Final. Exactly the same as Johns is doing.

So a Grand Final has zero meaning to a player now?

Even Gillmeister basically said Johns should be captain. Of course he said Lockyer should be captain, but also said he needs backup because he isn't a born leader like Johns, Tallis and Fittler who can do it themselves. That's what he wrote in defence of Lockyers poor showing as captain in the SOO.

Johns is going over to play 6 games in the esl, basically a few rounds, finals and a grand final, for a club he has had nothing to do with till now. And you want us to believe that it should be more important than playing for his country?

As for Gillmeister's comments, who cares, you're like everyone else, only give a sh*t what someone says in the media when it suits you, the rest of the time they know nothing.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I think its pretty ordinary from the NRL telling Joey that if he plays for Warrington and they make the Grand Final, to make him choose between playing in an ESL Grand Final, which he has wanted to do all his life, or miss out on the one chance he has of achieving that dream to play for Australia. Sure, I can see why some people don't think its the correct thing to do, if he does choose Warrington over Australia. However, to tell him that he wont take any part in the remainder of the tri-series is a bitter pill to have to swallow.

There is no doubt that he holds the Australian jumper in the highest esteem, however, having to make the choice between a childhood dream and your country is a very very harsh decision for the NRL to implement. As for you R_69, saying he should NEVER play for Australia AGAIN, if he plays in the ESL Grand Final, well that will do me.

Raider_69

Post Whore
its not about winning and losing Knight82. Its about the pride and passon the captain representing our country should but isnt exhibiting.

BTW you got no leg to stand on bagging out Brisbane, They have a minor premiership at worst, probably a premiership. You've won 3 or 4 games in the season and are odds on for the spoon :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Knight82 said:
Joey's already achieved captaining a winning Aussie team what on earth is it wrong with wanting to add a superleague GF to his list of accomplishments I think that its perfectly reasonable when his an old man he will be able to brag if they win that his accomplished everything possible in league.

Would you want that want one last accomplishment bugging you like an itch for the rest of your life SAAB, thinking if only that I would have done everything.

Wake up lollipoper and stop jerking off over lockyer and your maroon jumper.

I swear if the bronco's dont win the GF your gonna cop it.

i am going to cop it am i?????? sh!t i am scared....a tough guy on a keyboard is going to call me names :roll: Wake up to yourself and read the sh!t you are typing. How old are you? 13? :roll:

I think it would be a big achievement proving that he can dominate in a foreign comp as well as an Aussie won and winning a GF in the 2nd premier league comp in the world dont you? - Thats not accomplishment well the sky must be purple then.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jobdog said:
As for you R_69, saying he should NEVER play for Australia AGAIN, if he plays in the ESL Grand Final, well that will do me.

Why not?
If he is gonna place a Mickey Mouse premiership game he cares f**k all about ahead of playing for his country then why should we grant him that honour again after he has thrown it back in our faces and spat on it for good measure?
We got no shortage of blokes itching to have the honour of playing for this great country. People who would cherrish wearing the Green and Gold, why should their dreams be dashed for a bloke who clearly couldnt care less about playing for his country

Mr Saab

Referee
Knight82 said:
I think it would be a big achievement proving that he can dominate in a foreign comp as well as an Aussie won and winning a GF in the 2nd premier league comp in the world dont you? - Thats not accomplishment well the sky must be purple then.

dominate?????????
what... riding the coat tails of the team that got to the playoffs??????????
"step back guys...i am joey johns and i will lead the wolves to the GF.....thanks for getting this far but i will take over from here" :roll:
Johns plays 3 games in ESL and he has done it all.
why doesnt he quit the knights and play a full season over there and then he can say he has done it all.

Kiwi

First Grade
Knight82 said:

So joining a team that has been in the top 5 for most of the year for 6 games at the end of the year is dominating the comp? Rightio ..... purple sky it is.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Why not?
If he is gonna place a Mickey Mouse premiership game he cares f**k all about ahead of playing for his country then why should we grant him that honour again after he has thrown it back in our faces and spat on it for good measure?
We got no shortage of blokes itching to have the honour of playing for this great country. People who would cherrish wearing the Green and Gold, why should their dreams be dashed for a bloke who clearly couldnt care less about playing for his country

When Ricky Stuart picked to play for Canberra over Australia when the SL fiasco hit, were you saying the same sh*t?

No, of course you weren't, because you're a moron. Not much else needs to be said really, the rest of your post was just swill as usual.

Mr Saab

Referee
Knight82 said:
I know but I hate SAAB raiders69, lol and thats all I have over him at club level....

so happy we affected you so much....people who you have zero connection with in the real world can have such an affect on you that you "hate" them.
I think you need to get out more.

Razor

Coach

Once again you say this, but once again you keep saying that SL players who said that they didn't give a sh*t if they played for Australia or not, and signed with a rival organisation knowing they won't be playing for Australia, should have still been picked in the future. When I said in 1998 when the merger happened that SL players should be banned for life from rep football all these SL fans like said they should still be picked, and if they didn't want to play in some tests that was their decision. Now it's suddenly not their decision?

Raider_69

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
When Ricky Stuart picked to play for Canberra over Australia when the SL fiasco hit, were you saying the same sh*t?

No, of course you weren't, because you're a moron. Not much else needs to be said really, the rest of your post was just swill as usual.

Super League has no relevence to this topic and you turning it that way is showing you up for your true colours. Getting owned so you change the topic. I have no intentions on turning this into another ARL V SL thread. Clutching at Straws. Totally different situation, with no relevenece what so ever to Johns current position.

Stuart never declined the honour of representing australia so he can play some Mickey mouse game in the english comp. I guess he had more respect for the Australian jersey

Green Machine

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:

He didn’t pick to play for Canberra over Australia. He chose to play for the Raiders over Manly or the Roosters. The only difference was Bozo threw in the Australia captaincy if he went to the dark side,

Latest posts