What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey swears officials got it all wrong -SMH

Raider_69

Post Whore
Inferno said:
Does that include the game against the Sharks with Carmonts knock on and also Hayne incorrectly awarding the scrum feed to the Knights?

:lol:
nope... #3 it is

and knights fans are whinging?
LOL
What a pack of sore losers
your spot on, the better team won

salivor

First Grade
Isn't it ironic that the Sharks game was only 2 weeks ago where Knights fans were telling the Sharks to get over it that the call went against them that robbed them of one last set to score. Seems like they have short memories.

Cletus

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
If people are expecting Johns to be suspended for his verbal tirade then they should buy a lottery ticket...more chance of winning lotto.

I'd buy one of those. It's contrary conduct isn't it? And the second time Johns has donesomething like this in the past three weeks. I still think two weeks.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I can imagine the Footy show on Thursday,

Chief-" I think Joey had every right to say what he said, lets face it, he's just passionate, and we always recieve the rough decisions"

Can't wait for it.

drake

First Grade
Calling someone what Johns called Checcin is pretty much the strongest insult in the English language, without getting creative. Checcin should have dropped him, everyone knows Johns can't punch.

What I'm looking for is consistency. Ryles smart mouths a ref and gets binned; Johns flat out abuses a touchy in a hostile and vile manner and what happens? Nada

t-ba

Post Whore
drake said:
Calling someone what Johns called Checcin is pretty much the strongest insult in the English language, without getting creative. Checcin should have dropped him, everyone knows Johns can't punch.

What I'm looking for is consistency. Ryles smart mouths a ref and gets binned; Johns flat out abuses a touchy in a hostile and vile manner and what happens? Nada

Do you blame him though?

If he'd told Johns to get off, I'd have happily put the house (or a months rent on my dodgy room) on Simpkins remains being scattered to the four corners of Newcastle with his head impale on a flag pole above thier shiny new granstand...

drake

First Grade
t-ba said:
Do you blame him though?

If he'd told Johns to get off, I'd have happily put the house (or a months rent on my dodgy room) on Simpkins remains being scattered to the four corners of Newcastle with his head impale on a flag pole above thier shiny new granstand...
So what you're saying is redneck fans run the game now?

Telling Johns to get off would have been pointless anyway; the game was over. Johns constantly attacks the refs over desicions, as does Buderus.

My opinion is Johns should have been cited.

t-ba

Post Whore
drake said:
So what you're saying is redneck fans run the game now?

Telling Johns to get off would have been pointless anyway; the game was over. Johns constantly attacks the refs over desicions, as does Buderus.

My opinion is Johns should have been cited.

The match review committee will hopefully sort him out. It was a sin bin offence atleast, but tbh I was more incensed when Quinn took Robbo out on the try line...Pro foul and ten in the bin for sure...If he got his marching orders the MRC might ahve done something super weak like SOS...

tz17

Juniors
Alex28 said:
How high and mighty are you guys?

The tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in here as ever. The guy swears in the heat of pressure and passion. Who gives a rats arse? The match officials had an awful game - in the context of what happened (decision against Newcastle where basically everyone saw a knock on by Manly with a minute or so to go) you could expect any player to explode.

And everyone saw the knock on by the knights early in the 2nd half except the ref. build a bridge m8. Better team won on the night :D

Knightmare

Coach
waltzing Meninga said:
Joey should be suspended for a minimum 4 weeks.

:lol: Oh FFS. Why not suspend him for the rest of the year, strip Newcastle of all of their points and burn down EA Stadium while they're at it? If this was any other player, this thread would be non-existent. The funniest people throwing stones are the Manly lot. Obviously don't remember who Geoff Toovey played for back in the day?

aqua_duck

Coach
OVP said:
I saw the swearing, but im gutted he didnt throw his mouthguard. Maybe he only reserves that for when people like Fittler, school him big time.
you are a merkin, he threw his mouthguard into the ground 7 years ago and I know that it did cause the tsunamis a few years later because of the force he threw it into the ground but gees get over it
If it is true that he reportedly said what he said he should get a substancial fine atleast

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Knightmare said:
:lol: Oh FFS. Why not suspend him for the rest of the year, strip Newcastle of all of their points and burn down EA Stadium while they're at it? If this was any other player, this thread would be non-existent. The funniest people throwing stones are the Manly lot. Obviously don't remember who Geoff Toovey played for back in the day?
Rules for some, different rules for others especially if your name is Andrew Johns. Didn't you know that ;-)

Surandy

Bench
innsaneink said:
For forty minutes their was nothing in it....then Manly get away to an eight pt break, it looks all over.....then suddenly the Knights get back to 2 points with a pie to Perry under the sticks, restart and a penalty for a high shot to carry em downfield, a minute to go, top 4 on the line, 25000 Knights fans screaming, everyone on the edge of their seats....then the ref/touchie stuffs up.......talk about an anti climax.

It's not the first time that's happened on FNF this year. ;-)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Needs to be suspended, we can't have it in our game. 3 weeks minimum considering his poor record. Did not look good. Cicumstances or not, swearing at officials is just inappropriate!

skeepe

Immortal
You Knights fans need to take your blue and red goggles off.

Point 1: What Johns did was at bare minimun contrary conduct. It deserves a suspension

Point 2: Andrew Johns is NOT above the game.

Point 3: Any other player carries on the same way, and I guarantee you the same things being said about Johns here would be said about them.

Pull your heads out of your arses and try to look at it objectively.

God-King Dean

Immortal
JOHN WON'T SAY SORRY

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20103665-23214,00.html

By Newcastle captain Andrew Johns
August 13, 2006 I WILL not be apologising to touch judge Matt Cecchin for what I said in the final minute of our loss to Manly on Friday night.

If anyone should be apologising, it is him.

Let me say here and now that what I said wasn't directed at him and the language I used was heat of the moment stuff.

People will criticise me for swearing even though we are all guilty of it and that's fine. I'll just have to wear that.

But emotion is something I can't turn on and off like a tap.

It was a huge game for both sides with so much at stake - and it was a crucial call at the death that went against us.

Every man and his dog at the game knew Steve Matai played at that ball.

Matt was two metres away from it.

We should have been given the scrum feed and we might have had time for another two or three shots at their line.

Okay, so it may not have been enough.

Manly was outstanding, particularly in defence, and I have nothing but admiration for the way that they turned up to play.

We still might not have won the game, but we shouldn't have been denied the opportunity, either.

People will argue I'm the captain and I should be setting an example. Well, as captain, I'm responsible for all my players and we were all blowing up.

It's an emotional sport.

People say it is just a game. Tell that to all the players who train their backsides off for three months before the season starts and put their bodies on the line, week after week through the season.

We are well paid but a lot of the fans don't get to see the sacrifices players make.

It's funny. Mid-season when I was in a bit of a slump mentally, I was being criticised for not showing enough emotion and for seeming uninterested. I was criticised for not yelling instructions and barking out orders and for not being my normal exuberant self.

Now I am under the pump for letting my emotions take over on Friday night. If the game's administration want to make an example of me, I guess there is not a lot I can do about it. They will probably argue that no matter what the circumstance, I should have controlled myself better.

All I can say to that is that I am not a robot.

I don't have iced water running through my veins - and if I am guilty of anything, it is that I wear my heart on my sleeve.

It wasn't frustration on Friday night.

It was a passionate captain who desperately wanted to win a crucial game of football.

And I'm not going to apologise for that.

Bezant

Juniors
At least a week off in my opinion...what is he doing publically stating that the ref should apologise. Look if the ref/touchie had a bad game there's no doubt he will be sent to PL. The rules are simple...no abuse of the officials...no acting like a prima donna...I dont care who you...hopefully niether does the match review commitee

skeepe

Immortal
How can he say that the words were not directed at Cecchin when he looked right at him and said "you f**king merkin"?

Trying for damage control? What a tool. The NRL HAS to put him out for a couple of weeks to show that this sort of thing is not acceptable.