What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey swears officials got it all wrong -SMH

Raider_69

Post Whore
mattyg said:
Not to mention that Newy got a call a few months back...anyone remember that 5 metre forward pass to Brian Carney? They would have lost that game if they disallowed that try from memory...

I sure as hell do
none of our players carried on like johns did

Im a firm believer that the calls equal themselves out over a season, they got ripped off last night, sure, but they got one over us thanks to the refs. And no matter how poor they think the call is, they have no right to carry on like a pack of 10 year olds

tall poppy syndrome? Ha your kidding yourself knights fans, try pulling your heads from his arse and see the big picture. Johns said a few weeks back he wouldnt be swearing at referees, and as soon as a 50/50 goes against him he calls a touch judge a f**king merkin... no respect for the officals.

No point sending him off giving it was the last play of the game, a one week suspension should do the job though

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Raider_69 said:
I sure as hell do
none of our players carried on like johns did

Im a firm believer that the calls equal themselves out over a season, they got ripped off last night, sure, but they got one over us thanks to the refs. And no matter how poor they think the call is, they have no right to carry on like a pack of 10 year olds

tall poppy syndrome? Ha your kidding yourself knights fans, try pulling your heads from his arse and see the big picture. Johns said a few weeks back he wouldnt be swearing at referees, and as soon as a 50/50 goes against him he calls a touch judge a f**king merkin... no respect for the officals.

No point sending him off giving it was the last play of the game, a one week suspension should do the job though
Well Raiduh, using your logic, the Knights are "owed" at least 4 decisions that were 50-50 calls. Somehow, I'm losing faith in your logic that the calls even themselves out.

Raider_69

Post Whore
grouch said:
hahaha Observe the trickle-down effect of whining - from club captain to fan. Johns is an embarrassment to the game. I gain zero statisfaction from seeing and hearing his petulant displays, and only pray that our game's top player's grace and sportsmanship could mirror his talent.

if only

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jobdog said:
Well Raiduh, using your logic, the Knights are "owed" at least 4 decisions that were 50-50 calls. Somehow, I'm losing faith in your logic that the calls even themselves out.

:lol: Owed? please back to reality mate

you've potential lost one game you could have won thanks to a refereeing blunder
and you won a game you potential might of lost thanks to a refereeing blunder

its basic common sense

Jobdog

Live Update Team
No Raiduh, you're wrong. Sorry. We have had numerous decisions go against us or "50-50" calls go against us. How can Manly not give away a penalty btwn the 20th and 77th minutes last night? They weren't that angelic.

KevinArnold

Juniors
This is a terrible situation.

Now the Sunday papers will be covered in "I'm Sorry" written by Andrew Johns, one page dedicated to it. There will also be the obligatory Footy Show appearance next week about " Why I swore" and the panel will agree "It's not his go"

Can't wait.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jobdog said:
No Raiduh, you're wrong. Sorry. We have had numerous decisions go against us or "50-50" calls go against us. How can Manly not give away a penalty btwn the 20th and 77th minutes last night? They weren't that angelic.

:lol: :lol:
ohh so now we are going to start adding up all the calls in a game that go against us

in that case, canberra are looking at about a 20-1 penalty count for them this week :D Cant Wait!

f**king idiot

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Raider_69 said:
:lol: :lol:
ohh so now we are going to start adding up all the calls in a game that go against us

in that case, canberra are looking at about a 20-1 penalty count for them this week :D Cant Wait!

f**king idiot
Raiduh, pull ur head in. U were the one who raised the point that "calls even themselves out during the course of the year." I never said they'd even themselves out in one week.

f**king idiot.

Iafeta

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Have people started smoking more and cheating on their wives because of Warnie too?

I'll take it thats a rhetorical question because it's such a stupid one.

But surely, even your good one eyed self would note that in the early 90s, when Shane Warne burst on the scene there was a significant exponential growth in young leg spin bowlers, compared to him not being on the scene. Don't be so naiive to suggest that sports people do not have an influence on the younger more impressionable people of our culture.

Iafeta

Referee
Jobdog said:
You all must live very boring lives, waiting for Joey to say or do something wrong week in week out so you can all come in here and lay the boot in.

Perhaps Joey lives such a boring life he has to do something stupid every second week to get his name in the paper?

Or perhaps you're a Knights fan who'd swear the sky was red if Joey told you so.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Iafeta said:
Perhaps Joey lives such a boring life he has to do something stupid every second week to get his name in the paper?

Or perhaps you're a Knights fan who'd swear the sky was red if Joey told you so.
The sky is red isn't it? :roll::crazy::arrow:

Iafeta

Referee
KevinArnold said:

Now the Sunday papers will be covered in "I'm Sorry" written by Andrew Johns, one page dedicated to it. There will also be the obligatory Footy Show appearance next week about " Why I swore" and the panel will agree "It's not his go"

Can't wait.

Touche :lol: Can't wait for Paul "I wish Andrew was my dad" Harragon's take on it all.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jobdog said:
Raiduh, pull ur head in. U were the one who raised the point that "calls even themselves out during the course of the year." I never said they'd even themselves out in one week.

f**king idiot.

Was a reference to potential match result changing calls, such as that Joe Montana pass from Kiddley or the Matai knock on last night... not some bullsh*t, "we didnt get a penalty in the 38th minute, it cost us the game" rubbish
Get your head out your arse, you f**king dolt

Common sense, mate.
Use it!

brooksy19

Bench
Don't feel one bit sorry for newcastle, they stole two points off us with an extremly dubious matchwinner in the final 30 secs. In fact i found it all funny last night. Johns great player, but champion sook.

Parraren

Bench
KevinArnold said:

Can't wait.

:lol: :clap:

Raider_69

Post Whore
brooksy19 said:
Don't feel one bit sorry for newcastle, they stole two points off us with an extremly dubious matchwinner in the final 30 secs. In fact i found it all funny last night. Johns great player, but champion sook.

haha, seems thats 2 the knights have stolen with a dogey call
can they back another up on last night to make it even? let alone 2 to vindicate their "we're always getting screwed" attitude

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Jobdog said:
Simpkins had a terrible game, Cecchin had a terrible game, so Joey is entitled to swear as much as he damn well wants.
No he's not.

Players regularly get punished for abusing match officials, at all levels of the game. Senior first grade footballers should be well aware of this.

Cletus

First Grade
skeepe said:
I remember a fair few years back Craig Polla-Mounter being sent from the field for saying "You're f**king joking" to a touchie. I'm absolutely astounded that Johns was allowed to remain on the field.

What we saw last night, and have seen much more of this season than in the past is the REAL Andrew Johns. A petulant, arrogant little prick.

Steve Menzies got sent to the bin earlier this year for saying "You're having a great game sir". Johns is sure to go for a couple of weeks, his abuse is getting way out of hand and the NRL needs to remind him of the rules.

Mr Saab

Referee
If people are expecting Johns to be suspended for his verbal tirade then they should buy a lottery ticket...more chance of winning lotto.

Inferno

Coach
Raider_69 said:
haha, seems thats 2 the knights have stolen with a dogey call
can they back another up on last night to make it even? let alone 2 to vindicate their "we're always getting screwed" attitude

Does that include the game against the Sharks with Carmonts knock on and also Hayne incorrectly awarding the scrum feed to the Knights?

Seriously get over it, Manly were the better side on the night (much like the Knights were the better side when they played us) and Johns shouldn't have sworn at the ref. Hard to accept if your a Knights fan but needs accepting none the less.