What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Williams

Longy

Juniors
I can't post a link because I haven't posted more than 20 times.....

I read it at nospam23 .com.au

Cronulla bolster playing roster

By Nathan Ryan
30 September 2010

CRONULLA have secured the services of North Queensland winger John Williams for season 2011.

Williams’ signing is seen as a replacement for retiring Shark Luke Covell with the 25-year-old also a capable goal kicker.
The wingers’ signing has been confirmed by his manager David Riolo who said he will join the shire on a one year deal.
Williams debuted for Parramatta in 2005, making five appearances in the top grade before joining the Sydney Roosters in 2007 earning a regular position in the starting side.

In 2008 the winger moved to the Cowboys where he featured as a regular goal kicker despite having Johnathan Thurston at the club.

The Sharks narrowly missed out on signing another former Cowboy in Steve Southern, who penned a one year deal with Newcastle last week.

Earlier this month Cronulla resigned Taulima Tautai, 22 and Stuart Flanagan, 23 for a further season as broken by nospam23.com.au.
The new-look Sharks believed to be captained by Paul Gallen next year welcome new recruits Wade Graham, Jeremy Smith and Colin Best.
Sharks football manager Darren Mooney said the club is still looking for four or five second-tier players from Toyota Cup and New South Wales.

Arana Taumata’s manager Sam Ayoub has told nospam23.com.au that the 21-year-old has agreed to terms with Penrith and will join the mountain men on a one year deal.

The Panthers are the play maker’s seventh club in four years after the Cowboys granted him a release on compassionate grounds.

Ayoub, who also manages club-less Yileen Gordon, says the former Rabbitoh and Bulldog is negotiating with a number of clubs and yet to make a decision on his future.

Meanwhile South Sydney utility Luke Capewell will join the Gold Coast Titans for season 2011, the 21-year-old departs from Redfern after making his debut for the red and green three years ago.

broncos2010

Juniors
Dam this is massive capture for the club , club is going places. Why would you want inglis when you can have John Williams.

bono69

Juniors
i think this is an ok signing cause we need a goal kicker and it pretty much means that ikey gordon pretty much has no chance of making the side now. And bronco2010 go post on your own forum for a change

Talanexor

Juniors
In 2008 and 2009 John Williams was a solid, reliable first grade standard winger. This year he was just diabolical, couldn't catch a cold in a snowstorm. Then again, neither could anyone else in our team.

I used to like him as a player, so hopefully he finds some form at the Sharks.

webShark

In 2008 and 2009 John Williams was a solid, reliable first grade standard winger. This year he was just diabolical, couldn't catch a cold in a snowstorm. Then again, neither could anyone else in our team.

I used to like him as a player, so hopefully he finds some form at the Sharks.

Where do we get these nuffies from?

broncos2010

Juniors
sharks just pick up all the guys that are not wanted by the clubs , and they get one good player who does not play 3/4 of the games in jermey smith

DJShaksta

First Grade
God I hope Ricky signs with the broncos, it will make for a f**king amusing time in the donkeys forum.

Quigs

Immortal
sharks just pick up all the guys that are not wanted by the clubs

And the sharks forum just pick up all the wanker trolls that are not wanted on their own forums.

Is that how it goes Bonk-co

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Hughesy215

Juniors
I agree with him over atkins and it'll just add dept. And competition for top 25 spots wouldn't have paid overs for him either cause he wasn't wanted by other clubs and I didn't hear a rumour just a straight up signing. Good work cronulla!

Ps I like that he kicks goals.

Latest posts