What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Williams

The Popper

Bench
Works like this Pop

The Sharks are Australis's version of the Statue of Liberty. There's a little known plaque tucked away in the dressing rooms.

Says something like this

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Yeah, it sometimes seems like that to me, Frenzy. Often seems like we settle for second stringers. I just hope I'm made to eat my words. Still, I've been supporting this mob since before they were born. I've just renewed my season seat and probably will continue to do so until the day I can no longer walk. I just hope we don't have another season of wailing and gnashing of teeth. :eek:

The Popper

Bench
I saying that, of course, I've seen it all - players, coaches, Directors, hangers on, etc,etc. They come and go, come and go. Blokes that hold positions of esteem, and blokes that hang around them to bolster their own self esteem. They all come and go. All I know is that under Gow our Club was on the up. Over the ensuing decade our club, under new leadership, went from one of the higher achievers to almost bottom rung......to just about become a laughing stock of Rugby League. I want to see us back near the top (and preferrably AT the top).

SadShark

Bench
Pop, I agree with a heap of posters on here that we don't have the money & skill & facilities etc blah blah but one thing has been missing for the last two seasons and then some really. The desperation to win, to not miss that tackle & be filthy on yourself because you let your mates down when you did.

Wayne Bennett uses Dr Phil Chauncey. Flies him down the St George to help. What he does is gets into the mindset of these blokes, finds out what motivates them & applies it in a humane way. It has been Wayne's secret weapon and any wonder why.

carinashark

First Grade
We only need two more players to make the eight a 7 and a 4. We may not have money but what we have I belive from now on we will spend very wisely. Our facilities are as good as most teams baring the Broncos. We need out own Dr Phil to get that bit more from everyone bar Gal and Nat.

Special K

Coach
I heard a Mike Tyson quote the other day on the newest ultimate fighter and he said;

It's all about confidence. You start thinking better about yourself, you start feeling better about yourself. You have to think day by day in every way. Better, better and better confidence breeds success and success breeds confidence. Confidence applied properly will surpass genius
Soon as he said it I thought about us. We have no confidence so how can we be successful?

Quigs

Immortal
But...... what about his boat.

Think of the boat for farkkkks sake.

It .... It .... it won't have garage close to the water !!!!

Where's Donkeys2010?

Maybe the Karmichael just Folou the coup, or did that happen on Thaiday.

Here Donks, here Donks.....

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Ausguy

Coach
Bonkos 2010....

where are you?

we here in the sharks forum are very worried about you...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Our facilities are as good as most teams baring the Broncos. We need out own Dr Phil to get that bit more from everyone bar Gal and Nat.

We spend around 11 million less than the broncos, on football opertaions.
Our closest rival, the Knights, we spend 2 million less.

but it was all Rickys fault.

samshark

Juniors
We only need two more players to make the eight a 7 and a 4. We may not have money but what we have I belive from now on we will spend very wisely. Our facilities are as good as most teams baring the Broncos. We need out own Dr Phil to get that bit more from everyone bar Gal and Nat.

Have you actually seen our facilities and those of other clubs as well? We would be bottom 5 for sure.

Have you actually seen our facilities and those of other clubs as well? We would be bottom 5 for sure.

With this statement, Sam, I take it you've been priveledged enough to do the rounds of quite a few NRL Clubs!?
It's precisely these speculative(BS) statements, that keep pulling the Mighty Sharks( Club) lower in the publics view, than is warranted:x

With this statement, Sam, I take it you've been priveledged enough to do the rounds of quite a few NRL Clubs!?
It's precisely these speculative(BS) statements, that keep pulling the Mighty Sharks( Club) lower in the publics view, than is warranted:x

I thought you were thick skinned?

samshark

Juniors

Oh mate, get a grip. I am not criticising the club at all, just replying to someone who said our facilities were as good as most teams. You dont go around pretending our facilities are as good as others when that is total bullsh*t. You would look even lower in the publics view as you mention. But to the clubs credit they are trying to improve them.

And yes Ive seen the sharks facilities. Ive also seen Souths, Bulldogs, Eels and the Raiders, including the AIS. Roosters have a good set up at the footy stadium, Manly use the NSW Academy of Sport, going off photos Penrith's look good. Add to those the one city teams like Broncos. Warriors and Titans and you can now see how we fit in the scale of things.

azzah72

Bench
Yeah I agree with Samshark, I have been to a few media conferences and events through a mate that works at big league and another that works with pokerstars and I can say that we are absolutely not up to the standard of most other clubs.

But yes they are improving them.

island pro

Juniors

The public has a pretty reasonable view of the club at the moment.

I thought you were thick skinned?

GEEZ, YOU GOT ME THERE!:)

I guess I'm only 'thick skinned' to other clubs fans!
To Sam - my agravation at your btm 5 facilities jibe, was not long after hearing the Sharks facilities being given a thumbs up, by someone who has more than just looked over the facilities, of most of those Clubs that you mentioned :shock:

carcharias

Immortal
there is a blurn in todays leader about the new facility.
a 40 mtr indoor sprint track

Had a pic of Mills running......good sign.

samshark

Juniors
GEEZ, YOU GOT ME THERE!:)

I guess I'm only 'thick skinned' to other clubs fans!
To Sam - my agravation at your btm 5 facilities jibe, was not long after hearing the Sharks facilities being given a thumbs up, by someone who has more than just looked over the facilities, of most of those Clubs that you mentioned :shock:

I can see your one of those sharks fans where everything is great and wonderful and dont dare anyone say something of ours is not. My comment was no jibe, just stating a fact. Iam not saying that our facilities are bad by any means but based on what Ive seen and taking into fact the one city clubs we would be bottom five. FFS we rent gym space from Fitness First.

When Tony Zappia came to the club only a couple years ago he commented on how bad the facilities for the players were. A big effort has been made to improve these but its still a work in progress.

So you ok with that Thick Skinned, you're not going to lose the plot or anything?

Latest posts