What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns confirms Warrington deal = $500k

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Yeah.. i cant imagine winning the Grand final after only 6 games would be that rewarding. Sure its a great moment, and he can say his done it, but i think one of the huge factors that make winning a grandfinal momentous is that you played week in, week out with the same guys. 500k would be very very influential!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Some of the crap is astounding.

"Winning a grand final wouldn't be that rewarding". Year? Tell that to Junior Pearce!

"Johns is only in it for the money". That's right, he should be like every other player in the NRL and ESL - forgo the money and play for the love of the sport. While I think of it, I'm stating a charity to support poverty stricken people like Braith Anasta, Andrew Ryan and Matt Orford.

"Johns accepting that amount of money to forgo a test PROVES that he's only doing it for the money" Yeah, like all the Johns haters would accept it if he chose Warrington for nix.

As has been said before, Johns is no worse that those who turned their back on the code for Super League $$$. At Least Joey's only wants to miss ONE match.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
Some of the crap is astounding.

"Winning a grand final wouldn't be that rewarding". Year? Tell that to Junior Pearce!

"Johns is only in it for the money". That's right, he should be like every other player in the NRL and ESL - forgo the money and play for the love of the sport. While I think of it, I'm stating a charity to support poverty stricken people like Braith Anasta, Andrew Ryan and Matt Orford.

"Johns accepting that amount of money to forgo a test PROVES that he's only doing it for the money" Yeah, like all the Johns haters would accept it if he chose Warrington for nix.

As has been said before, Johns is no worse that those who turned their back on the code for Super League $$$. At Least Joey's only wants to miss ONE match.

Thank you Mr Johns
now can you tell us when your sons flight leaves for warrington?
the sooner his unasutralian arse is out of this country the better IMO
awaits the bite...

Godz Illa

Coach
Bite this Raider you tosspot. You're clinging to any argument you can find because you have no unique ideas of your own. Try coming up with an original thought, rather than constantly relying on cliche, spite, and pettiness.

Saint 60

Juniors
Good for him...if i could get it Id be gone in a shot...
that sort of money aint rubbish - more power to him :)

RABK

Referee
Johns has always wanted to win a comp in England, he has been publicy stating that for about 6 years now.

He did it for the money??? The man earns close to $6 million a year, i know for a fact that it ain't about the money. But a player of his class can generate an offer that big, as if he's going to sign for peanuts...im sure any of you would knock back that offer. :roll:

In the form he's in Warrington must have now be heavy favourites for the comp.

And no, i hope Johns chooses to play for Australia over an ESL GF but it's the man's last frontier.

All the best to him, He'll probally win the ESL comp then be ready for game two of the tri nations....i highly doubt the ARL would have the guts to ban Andrew Johns.

Stranger

Coach
Yeah because Raider69 wouldnt want that money or the chance to play in an ESL grand final if it was offered to him.

Ron Burgundy

Juniors
bluesbreaker said:
Don't they have to have a certain number of players earning under 20k or something?

yeah i think that they have to have a few players on a low income contract but that doesnt really change how much money the ESL clubs can give to top players if they are a rich team.

Alex28

Coach
the way i see it - he is leading into the twilight of his career where one serious injury would most likely end his career - why wouldn't he go for the cash?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Alex28 said:
the way i see it - he is leading into the twilight of his career where one serious injury would most likely end his career - why wouldn't he go for the cash?

good point, but he has gone on record as saying its nothing to do with the cash
clearly talking sh*t

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
clearly talking sh*t

It has got nothing to do with the cash.

He is over there primarily to play in the ESL and hopefully win the competition.

The money is just a nice bonus. Why not take the money if you can get it?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Stranger said:
Yeah because Raider69 wouldnt want that money or the chance to play in an ESL grand final if it was offered to him.

not over playing for australia

Raider_69

Post Whore
which he is for going for a mickey mouse game that wont bother him too much if he loses

Alex28

Coach
Raider_69 said:
clearly talking sh*t

you are just a knob who is f***ing jealous that he isn't playing for your club. your bitterness in every Johns post come out clearly. he has nothing to prove in rep football, and England is the last frontier for him to conquer.

the fact he is getting a fat wad of cash to do it is really nothing to do with you or me, and doesn't make the fact that he wants to miss a test any different - whether the contract is worth $100K or $500K doesn't change that he wants to miss a test and give you bitter Johns haters something to bitch about.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i hate johns, the further he is away from canberra the happier i am :)
thanks all the same thou

bluesbreaker

Bench
Godz Illa said:
Bite this Raider you tosspot. You're clinging to any argument you can find because you have no unique ideas of your own. Try coming up with an original thought, rather than constantly relying on cliche, spite, and pettiness.

This is the best post that's ever been made on here. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Esoj

Juniors
can Johns do no wrong is he a god? Johns already gets plenty of money he doesn't need any more and risk ruling himself out of the aus team by getting injured. so what if he always wanted to play in englandhe didn't have to stay at newcastle he could already be over there if he wanted to. This is Johns taking his cake and eating it he has his massive newcastle contract and now he wants even more and he is putting the extra cash and games before playing for australia. Why should other people do what johns wants why can't johns as a player do what his bosses being the aus selectors do as they tell him to do. Like I said johns can do no wrong he either gets celebrated for sticking to his guns if he doesn't get picked or he gets celeberated for going over to england and playing in the grand Final the fact that he put that ahead of australia will have nothing to do with it because all of the Johns lovers will view him as a hero and a victim of the evil aus secletors.