What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns confirms Warrington deal = $500k

Raider_69

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
Don't be pedantic, you obviously have your 5 (and therefore the time period) in mind otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it, so just say them.

ok the 5 players i would rate ahead of johns, in no order

Brad Fittler
Peter Sterling
Laurie Daley
Bradley Clyde
Wally Lewis

Blokes who i think do a better job in their respective positions then johns would be larger and would encompass blokes like Shane Webcke and alike. ive left off stuart as i know im blantantly biased toward him, he was and is my favourite player of all time.

aqua_duck

Coach
MightySharks said:
imagine being the current half-back there, how pissed off would, you be play all year and then miss the big games
Lets see who would you rather have at number 7, Andrew Johns, the greatest halfback of the modern era and the best player in the world at present or Nathan Wood, a journeyman who would be lucky to make Souths premier league? Gees thats a hard one.
Whether he's going for the money or not is none of our business. Its a great opportunity for him.

Esoj

Juniors
so when johns goes to play over in england its not about the money its just to fufill a childhood dream yet when any other player does its for the money.

so the big games in england mean more to johns than representing his country. Like I said before johns had the choice to stay at newcastle or go to england he choose newcastle and now hes trying to get everything newcastle even more money and australia.

If playing the big games in england means so much to Johns then he should retire from playing for australia thus ending his problem of split loyalties.

Raider_69

Post Whore
aqua_duck said:
Lets see who would you rather have at number 7, Andrew Johns, the greatest halfback of the modern era and the best player in the world at present or Nathan Wood, a journeyman who would be lucky to make Souths premier league? Gees thats a hard one.
Whether he's going for the money or not is none of our business. Its a great opportunity for him.

Nathan Wood has been the man at the helm all season, all this talk about how its johns dream to win an ESL comp, i find it a disgrace that johns can walk in a rob him of his dream of trying and lead his side to an ESL GF win

RABK

Referee
Raider, your opinion of Johns and comparing him to players should be taken with a grain of salt by all who read it.

Any post made by yourself involving Johns is poisoned with hatred.

Grow up.

Brad Clyde....better then Andrew Johns.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Brad Clyde was an amazing athlete. Forget nathan hindmarsh, craig fitzgibbon and like Clyde was just the ultimate and original work horse, these newer work horses are a poor mans Brad Clyde, make no mistake about that. I am yet to see a back rower better than him. He was an amazing football talent, so much skill for a man of his size, just because he isnt a halfback doesnt mean he cant be up there.

Your posts on johns should be automatically discounted as you've got your head firmly entrenched in his arse.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Raiders generation stretches back to 1978 - has any player played for 27 years??? Maybe that Methuselah bloke from Newtown all those years ago....Dickhead.

You haven't respondd to your hipocracy over Stuart, who you label as Unaustralian.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Clyde was overrated sh*t. Hindy does twice the work. Tallis (a player I despise) did twice the work. Gary Coyne carried him for years.

RABK

Referee
I rate Clyde in the top 3 backrowers i have seen. Amazing player, but to say he's better then Andrew Johns is absolute rubbish.

Wether people like it or not the Halfback is the dominant player on the field and is the player that wins games. That's why their looked upon so highly.

I won't forget nathan Hindmarsh when thinking of Clyde because Hindy is right up there with him, Hindmarsh isn't playing in a team full os stars brought together by a huge cap rort like Clyde was.

Hindmarsh is just as good as Clyde.

Esoj

Juniors
bluesbreaker said:
Don't be pedantic, you obviously have your 5 (and therefore the time period) in mind otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it, so just say them.

I believe that justifies raiders top 5 picks.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i have misty, Stuart signed on to SL, at no point previous to that did he know his international future was in doubt, infact many league nations had been already signed by SL so one could conclude he assumed he could still represent his country, which he did, and gave up club games to do. He was not selected in 96 i believe, no because he elected to for go that game, but because the ARL refused to pick him. If you cant read then thats your problem, you'll have to square with that one day

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
I rate Clyde in the top 3 backrowers i have seen. Amazing player, but to say he's better then Andrew Johns is absolute rubbish.

Wether people like it or not the Halfback is the dominant player on the field and is the player that wins games. That's why their looked upon so highly.

I won't forget nathan Hindmarsh when thinking of Clyde because Hindy is right up there with him, Hindmarsh isn't playing in a team full os stars brought together by a huge cap rort like Clyde was.

Hindmarsh is just as good as Clyde.

care to elaborate, you seem to know so much about it?
this should be a laugh.

RABK

Referee
You don't remember the $1,000,000 cap rort that the Raiders got busted for during their little premiership trot?

Selective memory at it's finest. 11 internationals that team had in it......

Raider_69

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
Clyde was overrated sh*t. Hindy does twice the work. Tallis (a player I despise) did twice the work. Gary Coyne carried him for years.

clyde over rated... upper cut, double or triple? better go the triple

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
You don't remember the $1,000,000 cap rort that the Raiders got busted for during their little premiership trot?

Selective memory at it's finest. 11 internationals that team had in it......

:lol: million dollars
thats why it was going to be a laugh, my ill informed sparing partner
the breach we were done for was for no more than 50k, the same that occurs on a yearly basis every year, ala Melbourne etc this year

it was done as most of our players like Mal, Daley, Stuart were on incentive based deals, they went on to play many rep games pushing us over. There was potential for much greater breach the following year however no where near the mil mark and we avoided it by offloading several big name players. Chikka, Dean Lance and Badge amongst them i believe

research is your friend

bluesbreaker

Bench
Raider_69 said:
ok the 5 players i would rate ahead of johns, in no order

Brad Fittler
Peter Sterling
Laurie Daley
Bradley Clyde
Wally Lewis

Blokes who i think do a better job in their respective positions then johns would be larger and would encompass blokes like Shane Webcke and alike. ive left off stuart as i know im blantantly biased toward him, he was and is my favourite player of all time.

The generation thing obviously eluded you. But nevermind, that's your top 5 best players. All quality players (Bradley Clyde wouldn't be near mine, as I think there are 2 or 3 locks running around even today who were as good as he was). Every player you mentioned doesn't have a complete a game as Johns does, can you deny that?

You honestly think Langer was a better halfback than Johns? That's a bit weird, he was a good halfback, but he was nowhere near as complete a player as Johns is. He couldn't defend, he couldn't kick goals, his long kicking game was nothing compared to Joeys, and he wasn't the best passer you're ever likely to see. His short kicking game was great, but then again, so is Johns'.

Johns' versatility is what makes him my number 1, because it's so hard to fault any facet of his game.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Your penis is yours.

When Stuart shafted the code, there was 3 tests v NZ and a world cup scheduled. He knew. He shafted his country for the $$$

Clyde was sh*t. Fittler, playing out of position,was a better lock that Clyde. Clyde had nothnig on Ray Price or Hindmarsh.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Langer? i never mentioned langer... poor mans Stuart IMO ;-)
Hated the bastard with a passion to boot, but unlike johns his off field demeanor allowed me to at the very least respect the man.

Johns has a complete game i will admit but you dont need a complete game to be the best. Lewis, Stuart, Daley, Sterling never had 100% complete games but IMO were better footballers, particular their ability to read a game which IMO they all have it allll over johns. Goal kicking has f**k all to do with anything when it comes to playing the game of league. Its an extra. Covell is a great kicker, sh*t house player ;-)

Dont like Clyde's inclusion, cool, take him out and ill include Stuart regardless of my obvious biased views of him. He was an architect. He revolutionised the game as it was. He was 3-4 steps ahead at all times.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Hahaha, Larger = Langer, my mistake, sorry :p. However, replace Stuart with Langer and it's basically the same thing :)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
Your penis is yours.

Starting to worry about you misty
are you cracking on to me :lol:
i know im a big CRL fan, infact #1 but i dont swing that way champ

Stuart changed the way the game is played, johns cant lay a claim to that IMO

Latest posts