What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns confirms Warrington deal = $500k

RABK

Referee
Just look at my sig.

Stuart is on this so called Johns bandwagon. :LOL:

bluesbreaker

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Johns has a complete game i will admit but you dont need a complete game to be the best. Lewis, Stuart, Daley, Sterling never had 100% complete games but IMO were better footballers, particular their ability to read a game which IMO they all have it allll over johns.

You can NOT be serious, right? :p

Raider_69 said:
Dont like Clyde's inclusion, cool, take him out and ill include Stuart regardless of my obvious biased views of him. He was an architect. He revolutionised the game as it was. He was 3-4 steps ahead at all times.

Every time Johns touches the ball something looks like it's going to happen, and often it does. He is most certainly THE candidate for being 3-4 times ahead at all times ;-). And if you want to talk about revolutionising the game, wait and see who the next great models his game on... I'll bet you it ain't Ricky Stuart.

Raider_69

Post Whore
of corse not, his time has been and gorn, to model his game would be to try and play with an outdated style. Few man can do this, Jason Smith is the only one that comes to mind.

Raider_69

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
You can NOT be serious, right? :p

i am serious
this isnt a individual sport like tennis where by the best is the most complete, its a team sport and the best is that one that can best IMO, particually a half back is the one that can utilise the men around him and takes control best when his club needs him, to lift them, bring them to a higher level. At present no doubt that man is johns and probably has been for a good few years. Fittler i rate higher here but meh. But he isnt the best of all time or his generation IMO.

and thats what its all down too. Opinion. Facts are, i wont change your mind and you wont change mind, so we are already in a mexican stand off. However i enter these debates knowing this because i love a good useless debate, good for the soul ;-)

BTW a good few years doesnt count the last 2-3 that he has missed

bluesbreaker

Bench
Raider_69 said:
of corse not, his time has been and gorn, to model his game would be to try and play with an outdated style. Few man can do this, Jason Smith is the only one that comes to mind.

But you've told us time and time again that everything Joey does, Stuart did first? Dominating with an outdated style, that's a little strange :shock:.

Raider_69

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
But you've told us time and time again that everything Joey does, Stuart did first? Dominating with an outdated style, that's a little strange :shock:.

at the time stuart style was revolutionary, and he dominated with it.
Quote me as to say everything johns has done stuart did first?
i cant recall saying it, and if i did i freely admit silly comment on my behalf

Johns plays with a slightly different style. A more attacking style whilst stuarts was tactical. As are the times in league

bluesbreaker

Bench
Raider_69 said:
i am serious
this isnt a individual sport like tennis where by the best is the most complete, its a team sport and the best is that one that can best IMO, particually a half back is the one that can utilise the men around him and takes control best when his club needs him, to lift them, bring them to a higher level. At present no doubt that man is johns and probably has been for a good few years. Fittler i rate higher here but meh. But he isnt the best of all time or his generation IMO.
You contradict yourself here quite a bit, but alright.

Raider_69 said:
BTW a good few years doesnt count the last 2-3 that he has missed

He played the majority of both 2002 and (I think) 2003, and played awesome for the majority of the games. In 2004 he did his knee after orchestrating a win over the reigning premiers and the Storm in Melbourne... All signs pointed to another awesome year if not for sh*tty turf at Parra stadium ;-)

In 2005 he came back a bit shakey, but was getting back to his best when his Jaw went (watch his Warriors game, as good as he's played since 2001), now look at how he plays. 10 years into his career, Ricky never came close to dominating like that, I don't care what you say, that's a fact :p.

bluesbreaker

Bench
I'd also like to mention that he came back to his best after his knee, which Daley (as good as he was) couldn't do.

Raider_69

Post Whore
1993 stuart had a major injury
1994 followed that year, we all know what happened there, from premierships, to origin, to kangaroo tour... he OWNED all in his path... no one was more dominate in a season then stuart that year

bluesbreaker

Bench
Not no more, i'm getting tired, and if it weren't for us getting thumped in the cricket, I wouldn't be paying attention to anything here, that's for sure ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
I'd also like to mention that he came back to his best after his knee, which Daley (as good as he was) couldn't do.

how many knees has Johns done?
1 maybe 2?
Daley had about 5 all up on his knees
slightly different ;-)

f**k oath i could R&BK, like i said, i love a good lively useless, pointless debate :D

bluesbreaker

Bench
Raider_69 said:
1993 stuart had a major injury
1994 followed that year, we all know what happened there, from premierships, to origin, to kangaroo tour... he OWNED all in his path... no one was more dominate in a season then stuart that year

2001 Andrew Johns was EASILY as dominant, even with a terrible 5/8th and nowhere near as star studded a team.

I wish I had the statistics for how many times he got man of the match in this year, it was amazing to watch for a Knights supporter.

Raider_69

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
Not no more, i'm getting tired, and if it weren't for us getting thumped in the cricket, I wouldn't be paying attention to anything here, that's for sure ;-)

finally something we can agree on
bring back Pidg!

Raider_69

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
2001 Andrew Johns was EASILY as dominant, even with a terrible 5/8th and nowhere near as star studded a team.

the qaulity wasnt as good
an aging fittler, jason taylor... out of sorts Kimmorley, Gower playing sh*thouse in sh*t team

Stuart did it against Langer, Fittler, Lamb and Lyons i believe... much better quality :)

RABK

Referee
Stuart was not a one man band, he had 9 internationals by his side at all times.

Johsn has proven this year he can make a team made of mostly premier league players look good. Something i never saw Stuart do.

Also like to take not of the fact that Johns was 31 when returning from a ACL, Stuart was 26 when returning from his broken leg. A much easier injury to come back from to.

MrSharky

Juniors
Wouldn't it be funny to see Johnsy Boy win 2 wooden spoons in the one year... :lol:

Best player in the world... :lol: :lol:

:cool:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Scotty Prince might have a word or two to say about that
but meh, debating the harder injury to return from is silly :)

also worth noting is medical science has been a very rapidly improving area, 10 years ago was totally differnt to now in that regard :)

RABK

Referee
MrSharky said:
Wouldn't it be funny to see Johnsy Boy win 2 wooden spoons in the one year... :lol:

Best player in the world... :LOL:

:cool:

Another year added to the chant, next year it's 39 years and won f**k all!

How many years are we going to get up to? :lol: