What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns confirms Warrington deal = $500k

Raider_69

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
A leg break or a cruciate? That's the easiest debate in the world to settle :p

tempting but i think this one would be too hard to debate, even for me ;-)

Saint 60

Juniors
Clyde was touted as the best player in the world for about 3 years...
altho he suffered a lot from injuries in the last few years of his career..
He was a dam fine football player, but ive not seen an example of what Johns has done for Newcastle this year ever...
They had not one one game in 13 games - he comes back and they start to win -
and with no teams being easybeats...it is remarkable.

eelandia

Juniors
bluesbreaker said:
Being a football fan, I love the way he plays. I have no opinion on him as a person because I don't know him as a person, I'd wager i've had more to do with him than you have through my associations with certain players of the Knights (even with your so-called cousin dating him). I am not a "johns lover", i'm just not stupid enough to try to blindly argue his talent like you are. He is the greatest player of his generation, he is the most complete footballer I (and most people) have ever seen.

When did your cousin date Joey, Raider69..?? Was is in that 30 minute block out the back of the pub in between all the other groupies having a go..?? I only say this because your hate for a player that is not based on football surely has deeper roots.

What did Joey do to your cousin?

RABK

Referee
Btw Raider, i'd be very careful before continuing with this cousin "story".

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Your penis is yours.

When Stuart shafted the code, there was 3 tests v NZ and a world cup scheduled. He knew. He shafted his country for the $$$

Clyde was sh*t. Fittler, playing out of position,was a better lock that Clyde. Clyde had nothnig on Ray Price or Hindmarsh.

why make such outlandish ridiculous statements. Talk to any former player of the past 20 yrs and they will tell you clyde was one of the great locks ever.

Mr Saab

Referee
Andrew " i am not doing it for the money, but 500k does help" Johns....that'll do me.
I dont care that he is getting paid that much, full credit to him, but to come out in the media and say "i am not doing it for the money" is quite ridiculous.

perverse

Referee
i just think raiders' opinion on joey not being the greatest player of this era is absolutely laughable. he has everything, there is nothing he cannot do on the football field. i haven't seen a player like him before (the only one that can be considered in the same breath is of course the king). joey has dominance and control over a football game like no other, even king wally (even being a NSWman i can still absolutely appreciate the raw talent and passion of wally).
however - we're all entitled to our opinions. if nothing else, raider, you are missing out on something special, and by not appreciating his football as the best.. you will never recognise the brilliance you are witnessing. my advice to you is just watch him play the remainder of his career, and when he's named an immortal... remember him for the way he played. you're only denying yourself a once in a lifetime experience to see such skill, passion, and devotion to the game of rugby league, and the team he is playing for.

macavity

Referee
hmm.. raider69, charlie saab.... credibility 0%.

Would you still be bitching if he was going over for 50k? My guess is yes.... would you be bitching if he got selected at #7 for Oz? Probably. If he did his knee again you guys would no doubt do a gay little dance. talk about Playa Haters.... geez..

As for the 'greatest of all time' argument, lets just see what he does with the next three years. But if you stopped time now, IMO he would be the most dominant individual of (post-1980) modern times, just shading Lewis. Clyde, Langer, Fittler, Sterling, Stuart, Daley...? Greats yes, but to put them in the same class as these two is a bit beyond their true standing.

And... how come when you guys are laying the boot into Newcastle you will quite happily say they are a 'one-man-team', and bag every player in red&blue, but when talking about the greats you conveniently neglect the impact and pivotal importance of having quality players surrounding the star...? hmm.... how... odd... hahaha

Mr Saab

Referee
macacvity...i dont care if he is getting 500000000000. Good luck to him. But to say he is not doing it for the money is incorrect.
I dont want him to get injured, but if he does i dont want to read on this forum or in the papers that he was wrong to go over there etc etc etc.
I dont know what you are reading from me, but, i WANT him to play for australia....i WANT him to play in the halves with Lockyer. I dont want him to play for warrington over the chance to play for australia should they make the ESL GF....why? Because i have a feeling that the ARL will not pick him for the tour to England should he make that choice (as they should)

perverse

Referee
sullyfan said:
While I'm not a Johns fan, I can't help but admire his passion for the ESL.
lol... that gave me a giggle.
i'll retort that by saying that its his passion for the game, and wanting to achieve everything.

Raider_69

Post Whore
eelandia said:
When did your cousin date Joey, Raider69..?? Was is in that 30 minute block out the back of the pub in between all the other groupies having a go..?? I only say this because your hate for a player that is not based on football surely has deeper roots.

What did Joey do to your cousin?

Yes it does have deeper roots. As a player i think he is over-rated by the media and knights fans. However is still a top class player. My cousin dated him some time ago, memory is hazy, probably a good 7 or so years ago, he did absolutely nothing to my cousin, sweet as sugar from what i was told. But having known people who know him and talk to him ive herd some pretty ordinary stuff about things he has done, obviously none of which will said here, being mindful of the Rleague-Hadley debarcle. Just a common back fire to my tales of johns being a trackhead off feild is that "i wouldnt know", just noting as since he dated my cousin, and i know alot of newcastle locals i might know abit more then some think ;-)

R&BK knows im lying, because he knows joey would never cheat on him :lol:
Its ok mate, marrage councilling is there for you... :lol:

I couldnt give a flying f**k if you believe :)
and why should i be careful. All ive said is he dated my cousin, he has probably dated 100 chicks. But again i know what i know and it matters little to me if Joey's boyfriend doesnt believe me.

Razor

Coach
Raider_69 said:
Nathan Wood has been the man at the helm all season, all this talk about how its johns dream to win an ESL comp, i find it a disgrace that johns can walk in a rob him of his dream of trying and lead his side to an ESL GF win

Why don't you also knock Johns for 1997 when he came back late in the year, after missing most of the year with Dynevor playing? I'm sure you could have a shot at Johns for robbing Dyenvors dream.

i have misty, Stuart signed on to SL, at no point previous to that did he know his international future was in doubt, infact many league nations had been already signed by SL so one could conclude he assumed he could still represent his country, which he did, and gave up club games to do.

He DID know that he would be banned from playing for Australia
Yes most countries had signed with Super Scum, but the ARL told them to f**k off, Stuart knew that so he knew that he couldn't play for Australia. A fake Australia, whose records don't even count as internationals, and the countries they played don't count the matches as official either. And he never gave up a club game to play in an exhibition international match. And the matches the real Australian side played against Fiji, PNG, etc. are counted as official by both Australia and the country they played.

You honestly think Langer was a better halfback than Johns? That's a bit weird, he was a good halfback, but he was nowhere near as complete a player as Johns is.

Langer was poor compared to the greats. Stuart sh*tted all over Langer. Whenever Stuart was fully-fit he was always chosen ahead of Langer. Stuart would be the 2nd best halfback all-time behind Johns. Langer would be about the 10-15th best halfback of all-time.

i dont care if he is getting 500000000000. Good luck to him. But to say he is not doing it for the money is incorrect.

The club is benefiting financially in a major way. The game and club is getting massive publicity in media outlets in England that basically ignore League. Why should Johns not take some of the money that he is earning for the club?

As a player i think he is over-rated by the media and knights fans.

Are you insanse? He is over-rated by the media? The News Ltd that do nothing but bag him, saying he doesn't come close to Lockyer? Saying Langer was much better than him? Get help quick if you think the media talk him up too much.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: feel free to show me any articles that say anything to the accord that Langer and Lockyer sh*t on him?
Cause all ive seen in the Tele especially is Joeys kiss arsing. "King Joey", "greatest of all time", "best half back of all time"... all phrases i dont agree with that have been used on more then one occasion by the media and knights fans. Hence IMO over-rated.
im open to be wrong thou, so articles ahoy

Raider_69

Post Whore
Courier Mail is a brissie paper correct? doesnt surprise me.
Check your telegraph and herolds any time after a newcastle win, Johns could litterely turn up, play a 1 minute and go off with a cough, , newcastle win by 100 and still johns would be the main talking point from the game.

Its a farce

Before 69 has an embolism here are a rew facts for you:

ESL Salary Cap is £1.8 million, ($Aus 3.96 million).
3 Quota players are allowed per club.
A squad can not have more than twenty players earning more than £20k.

Now a few clarifications for you:

Nathan Wood has been playing scrum half all year, the plan is to move him to hooker, our current hooker to loose forward (a problem position all season) and Johns to half (obviously).

To accomomdate Johns on the quota Graham Appo is being de-registered to free up a quota spot.

I think it is fair to say the deal is worth £8k per match, which means we need to increase our attendances by 800 people to accomodate his fee, not difficult, as we are averaging 2000 our maximium capacity.