What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

Hellsy

Immortal
Maroubra Eel said:
Just got mine in the post tonight. Member number 170. Wooohoooooo.

My mate at work got his yesterday, member 494.

Thanks Hellsy.

Let me know when you are running for the board!!:D

My pleasure!

redeel said:
Firstly my appologies if this q has been asked before.is the leagues club membership the same as the footy club membership,cause i just joined the leagues club and was informed that in 3 yrs i could be a voting board mem

They are completely different. Not sure what the voting part is with the Leagusie, but the Footy club is completely different to the Leagues Club.

Hellsy

Immortal
Hellsy said:
Hey Everyone!!

I got a letter from the club today saying that fees will be going up to $25 for the 2007 season.
2006 renewals close 31st July (not sure if that includes new members though)

Maybe MITS can confirm

Hey MITS, can you confirm if new members have to have their money in by 31st July? or is it just renewals?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, and whats with the tick in the box for 2006, and 2007

aren't we already paid up for 2006 if we just joined

Hellsy

Immortal
The same letter was sent to everyone though, some people hadn't renewed and therefore the 2006 box was applicable to them.
If they son't renew by 31st July they forfeit their number is what I am led to believe and they also have to start over again with the 3 years before voting.... if they re-apply

BD5733

Juniors
Was it worded something like "The board agreed to raise the fees to $25"?

Why wouldn't they agree.

Rather than a dodgy letter that was poorly written, I'd have rathered a justification of the large price increase. I'm not sure how much it was. But it wasn't a minor raise percentage wise.

Does anyone here know a reason for the cost going up?

Hellsy

Immortal
Here is the reasoning BD5733
MarkInTheStands said:
I have spoke with someone at the club and this is about getting the football club to pull it's weight a little more.

The Leagues club is continuing to be hit by a Large Tax bill and as such needs to find a way to save a little more money. The Football club is completely funded by the Leagues club and the leagues club has asked the the football club, to find a way to increase it's earnings so as the squeeze on it's leagues club budget is lessened.

It is also seen that members of the Football club are on the Majority not members of the Leagues club and hence don't frequent the club (or spend money inside it)

I Did state to the person that 800 odd members times 10 dollars more is only $8,000. And was advised that every little bit helps and it makes it a little fairer on the members of the leagues club.

Seriously though $15 would barely have covered the booklet and the badge that each member gets, so $25 is probably so they can actually make some money

BD5733

Juniors
Thanx for digging that up Hellsy.

I knew $15 was pretty cheap, I was just wondering what the reason was for the increase...so thanx again!

:thumb

Hellsy said:
So do new members have to have their money in by 31st July? or is it just renewals?

Renewals for 2007 will be 25 I think,

This years membership will be $15.

As for new members I am unsure when the yearly membership deadline is , but I would think the 31st of December.

Hellsy

Immortal
Update!!!!! Woo Hoo we made 181 people!!!!!
Please note that from the 2007 season yearly memberships will be $25/year

Address/Payment/Board Meeting details:
The Board meet few months or so and they approve members in that, your application will just wait until the next one comes around.

Parramatta District Rugby League Club Ltd
2 Grose St
Parramatta
NSW 2150
or;
PO Box 2666
North Parramatta
NSW 1750 (yes this is correct!!!)

Payment is best made by sending a cheque in with the forms (made out to the PDRLCL), or else get a money order from your bank, otherwise you may have to contact them, or if you live nearby drop in and pay in cash.
Phone: (02) 8843 0300
Fax: (02) 8843 0318
Email: pr@parraeels.com.au

These people have been sent a form by mail they should have received it by now depending on where they live:
Total=134
Eelsta - +3
Flatch
Booey - +4
QHF
Macquarie Scorpions
Bartman
Rowdy
PB
Twizzle
eelz47 +3
eelaholic
UTE
Colonel
Leasa
Tin
Oscarman
Eelman03
Kornstar - +4 friends
drtymind - +1
Spiderdan
eels74
lisaeels - +7 friends
PJMarshal
Kylie_J
Parra Guru
btaag + 1
AlexTheEel
paulb88
eel4life +1
Zuke +1
Noosa-eel
Freak2 +1
YY Cheng
Strider
Eelementary +2
WA Eel
Angry_eel
Forward Pass
Moggles +2
Sooper Dooper
noyd
Bazza
half
lango13 +1
Mistybee
Dazeely
Macca
Glenn
poojar
kevvie
Aneeltilidie - + 2
Herbert Powell - +1
Mr_E - +1
Mickdo
Hollywood Jesus
the merch
Haynzy - +1
Half
Tyler Durden
johnkolc
ParraPhantom - +2
Thedux - +1
Jodeci - +4
Fisheel
Hindyscrack
HindyRulz - +1
_goParra
EELMAN JACK
Scottyeel +1
chrismiass +1
parrathruandthru +2
MaroubraEel +1
Agent Mulder
Daneel
Bazal
Parra R 4 Me
Morentio +1
Suitman
Eelectric +4
parra-matters
FROSTY319
Total = 23
Eel54 - Official board
Ringomitch
Chiffru + 3
Luigi + 1
Gleneel
BluenGoldwestie + 1
parraeelectric
CumberlandAshes81
Swordland
eel33
Northerneel
Jewel + 1
Eels R No 1
billtorps +1
SweenEel +1

These people will need to be taken care of by the people who know them (Total = 24):
+ 2 of my friends that sit behind me in the Cronin Stand (Hellsy)
+ 1 friend from work (Hellsy)
+ 3 friends of MITS (Hellsy)
+ 3 friends of PP (Parra Pete)
+ 10 friends of Belly (Belly)
+ 4 casual readers (Hellsy)
+ 1 friend from NZ (Hellsy)

Is there anyone else out there who wants to join???

If anyone else is interested please PM me with the following details:
1. Full name
2. Address to send form (Work, Home or an Aussie relative if you are overseas)
3. How many forms would you like?
4. What is your forum alias?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to join, even offered to pay them some more mony, but I got told to come back on Monday and I had to go to a whole other place to do it

it shouldn't be this hard

Hellsy

Immortal
And it hasnt been for everyone else......

You should ask for your money back and see if they jump into action, or write a letter to the Board