What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

Hellsy

Immortal
.... but I in no way wish to take over anything... I just wanted people to have the opportunity to be part of our club!

I re-elected every member who is currently on the board, back in

Okay so the Stats of Todays Meeting

Minutes were of the 59th Meeting were proposed, as adopted and completed,

Moved by Mark Hepworth
Seconded By ???? (Hellsy's Dad Denis?)

Correspondence,

3 Pieces of Correspondence,

Robert Fohmsbee, asked that a motion be made, that the Football Club Resolve to take control of the NRL side by the Start of the 2008 Season.

Dennis Fitzgerald's reply to the motion with advise from club lawyers that this was in appropriate and would be instead raised at the first sitting of the PDRLC board in 2007.

Geoff Carr Stating that the NSWRL agrees to permit A 2 year term for Board members of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club.

Election of Directors.

Ron Hilditch, Elected 1st, 96 Votes.
Peter Miller, Elected 7th, 75 Votes.
Chris Jurd, Elected 4th, 90 Votes.
Gary Morris, Elected 5th, 89 Votes.
Robert Fohmsbee, 15 Votes
Alan Overton AM, Elected 3rd, 91 Votes
John Chidiac, 27 Votes
Dr Michael Johnson, Elected 2nd, 95 Votes
Don Ritchie, Elected 6th, 86 Votes
Peter Thompson, 32 Votes
John Fenwick, 19 Votes.

The Board was Retained.

Annual Report.

The Adoption of the Annual report was moved by Chris Jurd, and Seconded by John Kolc.
Chris spoke at length about the NRL and other teams and highlighted that the involvement of Parramatta in the Western Sydney Institute of League Scheme was not mentioned, as a system to battle the AFL Institute set-up in Blacktown

Financial Statement,

Was moved by John Fenwick
Seconded by Don Ritchie,

Mark Hepworth Spoke about the importance of the increase in membership numbers.

Election of Life Members,

The Following members were given life membership to the PDRLC.

Craig Caterick (Current head Trainer at the club)
Nathan Cayless (Accepted by his father as he was away on his Honeymoon)
John Fenwick. (Game Day Gate and Time Keeper, Head of the BBQ committee)
Nathan Hindmarsh (Accepted by Caylos father as he was away on Vacation)
Kevin Ingram, (Has work in RL in Parramatta since 1967, currently the President of Mounties)
Michael Vella (Accepted by his Father)

Notices of Resolutions

Special Resolution was passed to give 2 year terms to Board members after next years elections

Moved by John Fenwick
Seconded by Chris Jurd

Carried by Majority Vote.

Notices of Motions,

No Motions,

Presentation of Awards,

Jack Boyle Tackling award, = Nathan Hindmarsh (accepted by John Kolc)
Murry Wilson Try Scoring award, Jarryd Hayne (Accepted by Craig Catterick)

General Business,

Robert Fohmsbee, spoke about getting the NRL club back in control of the Football club as it was the Appropriate Forum

--Name and badge not noted-- Spoke about the fact that Brian Smith was Stale, Jason Taylor Turned this club around and Hagan will be good.

--Other that I forget I was to nervous--

Mark Hepworth Spoke about the need for more opportunity's of casual fans to meet their hero's, after games or at other times, also lamented the lose of post match functions on Sundays and the Presentation of the Rookie of the year on the ground at the last Game

This was Countered by Dennis with the Excuse that the players need to recover, and that session will be held at all 3 licenced venues during the year to help compensate, and the the Rookie of the year is now presented at the Gala function to ensure the player is not interrupted in the pre-game warm up to the last home game.

Denis Spoke about the NRL U/20' league. The Biggest concern for the club now as was raised by Alan Overton was where to players go after that if they are not in grade. Denis Concedes that may come back through a designated feeder club that the eels will supply the coaching Staff for.

Meeting Closed.

Suitman

Post Whore
Happy New Year Helen.

I received my 2007 badge between Christmas and New Year.

Thanks heaps......again!!!!! :D :clap:

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Hellsy said:
Excellent.

Did U like the booklet? I think the club did really well this year!

Yes I did.....It was very good.

But really, I reckon the winner of the year was.....................

Helen!!!!

No, really.....................

You have done a sensational job recruiting.

The Club should be so thankfull.

I know that I am.

Suity

Suitman said:
Yes I did.....It was very good.

But really, I reckon the winner of the year was.....................

Helen!!!!

I so had to tip toe around that fact that the AGM. Purely because I saw Helen shooting Daggers with her Eyes at me and then getting ready to hide her face.

Hellsy

Immortal
I didn't do it for self gain and therefore it didn't need to be mentioned.....

I'll take the 'thanks' with gratitude for members in here though :D

The only 'thanks' I want from the club is for them to pick up the pace when it comes to functions/activities etc for fans.

Hellsy

Immortal
Ok...... I'm 2 off then :D :D :D

Update!!!!! Woo Hoo we made 198 people!!!!!
Please note that from the 2007 season yearly memberships will be $25/year

Address/Payment/Board Meeting details:
The Board meet few months or so and they approve members in that, your application will just wait until the next one comes around.

Parramatta District Rugby League Club Ltd
PO Box 2666
North Parramatta
NSW 1750 (yes this is correct!!!)

Payment is best made by sending a cheque in with the forms (made out to the PDRLCL), or else get a money order from your bank, otherwise you may have to contact them, or if you live nearby drop in and pay in cash.
Phone: (02) 8843 0300
Fax: (02) 8843 0318
Email: pr@parraeels.com.au

These people have been sent a form by mail they should have received it by now depending on where they live:
Total=145
Eelsta - +3
Flatch
Booey - +4
QHF
Macquarie Scorpions
Bartman
Rowdy
PB
Twizzle
eelz47 +3
eelaholic
UTE
Colonel
Leasa - +2
Tin
Oscarman
Eelman03
Kornstar - +4 friends
drtymind - +1
Spiderdan
eels74
lisaeels - +7 friends
PJMarshal
Kylie_J
Parra Guru
btaag + 1
AlexTheEel
paulb88
eel4life +1
Zuke +1
Noosa-eel
Freak2 +1
YY Cheng
Strider
Eelementary +2
WA Eel
Angry_eel
Forward Pass
Moggles +2
Sooper Dooper
noyd
Bazza
half
lango13 +1
Mistybee
Dazeely
Macca
Glenn
poojar
kevvie
Aneeltilidie - + 2
Herbert Powell - +1
Mr_E - +1
Mickdo
Hollywood Jesus
the merch
Haynzy - +1
Half
Tyler Durden
johnkolc
ParraPhantom - +2
Thedux - +1
Jodeci - +4
Fisheel
Hindyscrack
HindyRulz - +1
_goParra
EELMAN JACK
Scottyeel +1
chrismiass +1
parrathruandthru +2
MaroubraEel +1
Agent Mulder
Daneel
Bazal
Parra R 4 Me
Morentio +1
Suitman
Eelectric +4
parra-matters
FROSTY319
fanaticeel
matteels
aenemus
ISHAC1
JKS
Scoops
parramatta_eels_123 + 2
Official board Total = 29
Eel54
Ringomitch
Chiffru + 3
Luigi + 1
Gleneel
BluenGoldwestie + 1
parraeelectric
CumberlandAshes81
Swordland
eel33
Northerneel
Jewel + 1
Eels R No 1
billtorps +1
SweenEel +1
B-Tron + 3
Parra66
Eel of the East

These people will need to be taken care of by the people who know them (Total = 24):
+ 2 of my friends that sit behind me in the Cronin Stand (Hellsy)
+ 1 friend from work (Hellsy)
+ 3 friends of MITS (Hellsy)
+ 3 friends of PP (Parra Pete)
+ 10 friends of Belly (Belly)
+ 4 casual readers (Hellsy)
+ 1 friend from NZ (Hellsy)

Is there anyone else out there who wants to join???

If anyone else is interested please PM me with the following details:
1. Full name
2. Address to send form (Work, Home or an Aussie relative if you are overseas)
3. How many forms would you like?
4. What is your forum alias?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I have an observation which is more like a question about the reponsability of the football club for season 2008, hopefully MITS can shead some light on this matter.

next year as most of us are aware the club will not field a Premier League side for next year, instead they will more than likely have an affiliation with a junior club and provide over age players to field for the Jim Beam Cup [however that's yet to be confirmed]

The Jersey Flegg as we know it will now be part of a National under 20's comp under the NRL banner therefore every NRL club will field a side in this competition.

so does the Football club effectively lose 2 teams in it's responsability? as far as I'm aware they are from 2008 onwards only responsable for the SG Ball and Harold Mathews sides.

It just appears from the surface that we're losing a little bit of grip on the club as a whole or am I barking up the wrong tree?

The last thing I want to do is undermine or undo the phenominal work achieved by Hellsy to get the campaign for more members going and I still encourage people to join regardless but this is something that's been on my mind for a while know...

Got an answer for us MITS?

Stagger eel

Staff member
for the love of god please don't hijack this thread if we going to have a full on discussion about this I'll be more than happy to create a new thread but i'm just wondering if someone like MITS can possably clear that up for me.

Eela,

It is a good question and the Honest answer is I don't know. From my recent conversations I do understand that the Parramatta NRL club is a Partnership between the leagues club and the football club (Hence the 3 directors rule) but from that I can't tell you much more.

I think it is a good question to ask and if you don't mind I will put it to the Yoda today.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
Eela,

It is a good question and the Honest answer is I don't know. From my recent conversations I do understand that the Parramatta NRL club is a Partnership between the leagues club and the football club (Hence the 3 directors rule) but from that I can't tell you much more.

I think it is a good question to ask and if you don't mind I will put it to the Yoda today.

by all means..thanks Mate.

for everyone else please don't use this as tool to hijack as Mark says there doesn't appears to be a clear answer so lets just leave it there for the time being.

Suitman

Post Whore
eela, why are you so worried about this being hijacked.
You've asked a very sensible question and MITs is finding out.

Suity