What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
I would think that you talking about "Football Club Membership" becoming "NRL clubs Membership" and for that you will also have to be a member of the leagues club.

It is something I can bring up if I get a chance to speak with someone at club level any time soon.

simple solution would be to have an 'nrl club membership' that is inclusive of being a leagues club member, ie give existing football club members the opportunity to sign up for a new membership that includes a leagues club membership. All exisiting voting rights could be transferred across.

Would footy club members still have a say then? Whilst on paper the numbers would be heavily slanted towards leagues club members, voting, is of course, not compulsary, and I would imagine the 'nrl club members' would be more motivated to get out and vote.

fish eel said:
simple solution would be to have an 'nrl club membership' that is inclusive of being a leagues club member, ie give existing football club members the opportunity to sign up for a new membership that includes a leagues club membership. All exisiting voting rights could be transferred across.

Would footy club members still have a say then? Whilst on paper the numbers would be heavily slanted towards leagues club members, voting, is of course, not compulsary, and I would imagine the 'nrl club members' would be more motivated to get out and vote.

It's all academic at the moment, but Leagues club members already get a say in the NRL club by going to the leagues club AGM held every 2 years in april. Last one was 2 Tuesdays ago.

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:

definitely better than nothing..

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
It's all academic at the moment, but Leagues club members already get a say in the NRL club by going to the leagues club AGM held every 2 years in april. Last one was 2 Tuesdays ago.

yes, but I think what our learned friend is asking is how would a football club member who may not be a leagues club member still have a say?

Stagger eel

Staff member
not only that, how many leagues club members are actually aware that they have a say in the running of the NRL team??

is it just me or id the whole leagues club group set up a very grey area for people interested in rugby league.

eel01s

Bench
eelavation said:
not only that, how many leagues club members are actually aware that they have a say in the running of the NRL team??

is it just me or id the whole leagues club group set up a very grey area for people interested in rugby league.

Exactly!

How much is it to join the Leagues Club? I would think it is much cheaper than $25 per year. Really the only reason I can see to joining the Footy Club (again!) for me is the election of Board members. Is that worth $25 a year with no say in the running of the NRL side?

Stagger eel

Staff member
eel01s said:
Exactly!

How much is it to join the Leagues Club? I would think it is much cheaper than $25 per year. Really the only reason I can see to joining the Footy Club (again!) for me is the election of Board members. Is that worth $25 a year with no say in the running of the NRL side?

there are subtle benefits to being a football club member.

* A keyring with your membership number engraved.

* a glossy booklet of stats and reports from every grade including the development side of things right down to the juniors.

* an opportunity to go the AGM.

It's actually $15.00 to join the leagues club I believe.

I'm sure the AFL club members bet a lot more benifits but they pay more as well.
Anyone know what the AFL club members pay and what they get?

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra-matters said:
I'm sure the AFL club members bet a lot more benifits but they pay more as well.
Anyone know what the AFL club members pay and what they get?

most AFL clubs don't have the backing of a licensed club behind them therefore they are solely dependent on membership and sponsorship dollers. that's why it appears that you get more in their membership drive.

eelavation said:
most AFL clubs don't have the backing of a licensed club behind them therefore they are solely dependent on membership and sponsorship dollers. that's why it appears that you get more in their membership drive.
ok, that would make it more attractive to join but if you got more info etc, like monthly newsletters or emails etc.

eel01s

Bench
eelavation said:
there are subtle benefits to being a football club member.

* A keyring with your membership number engraved.

* a glossy booklet of stats and reports from every grade including the development side of things right down to the juniors.

* an opportunity to go the AGM.

It's actually $15.00 to join the leagues club I believe.

Yeah I knew about this as I have been a member before. The membership keyring does not entitle you to anything or get access anywhere, the glossy booklet is no big deal, and you have to wait 3 years before you can vote. What I am saying is I don't think that it is value for money! Maybe membership could entitle you to something (eg. function with the players / management etc.)?

eel01s said:
Yeah I knew about this as I have been a member before. The membership keyring does not entitle you to anything or get access anywhere, the glossy booklet is no big deal, and you have to wait 3 years before you can vote. What I am saying is I don't think that it is value for money! Maybe membership could entitle you to something (eg. function with the players / management etc.)?

Well that is your opinion, but I joined purely to be able to vote and have a say in the way our club is run.

If you want a players function or something like that join the Blue and Gold army then Get ready to pay for the end of year function.

eel01s

Bench
MarkInTheStands said:
Well that is your opinion, but I joined purely to be able to vote and have a say in the way our club is run.

If you want a players function or something like that join the Blue and Gold army then Get ready to pay for the end of year function.

Yes but the Footy Club doesn't run the NRL team! That is the problem. Paying $25 a year (effectively $75 to get a vote) doesn't seem right IMO.

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:

ues Mark but the point that is being made is that people who joined the footy club to have a say and vote, and are not leagues club members, be they from out of town or whyever, may not be able to have that say in a tangible way in the future.

The NRL club from what I understand is a Parthership between the Football club and the Leagues club hence the 3 Directors Rule.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
The NRL club from what I understand is a Parthership between the Football club and the Leagues club hence the 3 Directors Rule.

can you please explain the 3 directors rule to those are still little confused with the set up? ;-)

eelavation said:
can you please explain the 3 directors rule to those are still little confused with the set up? ;-)

As part of the NRL club, 3 Directors of the Leagues club must be on the Football club board and 3 directors of the Football club must be on the Leagues club board. At the moment, all directors are on both boards.

Suitman

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
As part of the NRL club, 3 Directors of the Leagues club must be on the Football club board and 3 directors of the Leagues club must be on the Leagues club board. At the moment, all directors are on both boards.

:lol:

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
As part of the NRL club, 3 Directors of the Leagues club must be on the Football club board and 3 directors of the Football club must be on the Leagues club board. At the moment, all directors are on both boards.

I thought I was the resident spin doctor, doublespeak expert ;-) :lol:

What about looking forwardm after 2008 Mark. That is what kicked off eela's question, would footy members still have a voice, or do they need to be a member of the leagues club.

however, you did say this

So how does that leave members of the football wanting to have a say about the NRL sides. . . that is an answer i don't think the club knows yet, but I would say that at the moment it is good to be a leagues club member.

so whilst it may be a partnership or academic or whatever....leagues club membership may be better to have in the future than a footy club membership.