What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

bazza

Immortal
So how would you package it at the game?

One stall for Football club membership and another stall for Blue and Gold Army membership? Or would you just rather see, like almost everyone else would that membership to the Blue and Gold army or as a season ticket holder got you voting rights?

You would think that the application form for season ticket holders would also include details on how to apply to become a football club member.

Or outside the stadium on match day (at the beginning and end of the season at least) there should be a couple of stands where you can get an application form and/or pay your membership fees.

The club's CEO has been talking in the media in the last few years about how the club is struggling for money and that funds will have to be cut back. If you have 10,000 members (a quarter of most AFL teams) - the club gets an extra $250k per year for doing absolutly nothing.

If you were a smart businessman you would be doing your best to increase memberships. If you are someone who wants to protect their position because they are scared of change then you would do your best to stop people becoming members

rewn

Juniors
So how i join the eels football club to become a member ?

I live interstate , so don't need season tickets or anything, just want to be able to vote at AGM in 3 years !

PM Hellsy she can/will send you a form to fill out and send in with $25.
Be aware that you have to be a member for 3 years before you can vote.

You would think that the application form for season ticket holders would also include details on how to apply to become a football club member.

Or outside the stadium on match day (at the beginning and end of the season at least) there should be a couple of stands where you can get an application form and/or pay your membership fees.

The club's CEO has been talking in the media in the last few years about how the club is struggling for money and that funds will have to be cut back. If you have 10,000 members (a quarter of most AFL teams) - the club gets an extra $250k per year for doing absolutly nothing.

If you were a smart businessman you would be doing your best to increase memberships. If you are someone who wants to protect their position because they are scared of change then you would do your best to stop people becoming members

See, then again the Blue and Gold army is set-up to do that. If I am being honest.

The Blue and Gold army and the Season Tickets are money in the pocket for the Parramatta NRLC, (The Company that runs the NRL and NYC side), the football club don't see a cent of this money, as it is separate from the Blue and Gold army, and Season Tickets.

If we were to get 10,000 members to that then yeah it is a good thing, or combined 10,000 members and Season Ticket Holders then again Money for Jam, but I get back to Sphere of influence.

The Football Club, operates the Harold Matthews Cup, the S.G. Ball cup and the joint venture with Wentworthville. These are the only thing it influences, apart from a requirement of 3 common directors on the Leagues Club Board and for NRL players to be members of the club.

Last I checked, Harold Matthews, SG Ball and Wentworthville, all played 1 game at Parramatta stadium. So I can't see the benefit to having a Membership booth at Parramatta Stadium on game days to get people as members. Bugger the insular or non debate because not only have memberships still dropped while Hellsy has been running this thread, they also dropped massively in 2001 when the club shifted the NRL license to the leagues club.

Hellsy will know, that we have very similar badge numbers. These numbers are well over the current membership total, and that is a reflection of when we joined. In 1998 when I joined, I got the latest membership number, that number is listed below. Now we have less than 600 members or so, a fall of 800 or so members in 7 years. I don't think it is because the club is no longer promoting membership, I think it is because some people no longer feel that the football club is relevant to the Parramatta NRL side. To a point they are right.

To be honest, if the NRL club gave voting rights, to STH's and B&G army members, and an AGM where the punters could vote on a Football Advisory Council or the like, we could call it membership.

I would also like to point out, that I value my membership to the football club quite highly. It is my membership to the group that runs all Rugby League Development activities in the Parramatta District, and I proudly support those activities.

Last edited:

Hellsy

Immortal
See, then again the Blue and Gold army is set-up to do that. If I am being honest.

The Blue and Gold army and the Season Tickets are money in the pocket for the Parramatta NRLC, (The Company that runs the NRL and NYC side), the football club don't see a cent of this money, as it is separate from the Blue and Gold army, and Season Tickets.

If we were to get 10,000 members to that then yeah it is a good thing, or combined 10,000 members and Season Ticket Holders then again Money for Jam, but I get back to Sphere of influence.

The Football Club, operates the Harold Matthews Cup, the S.G. Ball cup and the joint venture with Wentworthville. These are the only thing it influences, apart from a requirement of 3 common directors on the Leagues Club Board and for NRL players to be members of the club.

Last I checked, Harold Matthews, SG Ball and Wentworthville, all played 1 game at Parramatta stadium. So I can't see the benefit to having a Membership booth at Parramatta Stadium on game days to get people as members. Bugger the insular or non debate because not only have memberships still dropped while Hellsy has been running this thread, they also dropped massively in 2001 when the club shifted the NRL license to the leagues club.

Hellsy will know, that we have very similar badge numbers. These numbers are well over the current membership total, and that is a reflection of when we joined. In 1998 when I joined, I got the latest membership number, that number is listed below. Now we have less than 600 members or so, a fall of 800 or so members in 7 years. I don't think it is because the club is no longer promoting membership, I think it is because some people no longer feel that the football club is relevant to the Parramatta NRL side. To a point they are right.

To be honest, if the NRL club gave voting rights, to STH's and B&G army members, and an AGM where the punters could vote on a Football Advisory Council or the like, we could call it membership.

I would also like to point out, that I value my membership to the football club quite highly. It is my membership to the group that runs all Rugby League Development activities in the Parramatta District, and I proudly support that activities.

Ay... I also value my membership for supporting the juniors, but I also think the $25 is well worth the yearly fee just to get the yearbook and badge. I feel special :D :D

Hellsy

Immortal
The actual number doesn't matter, you got either a deceased member number or one that had not been renewed by its previous owner

bartman

Immortal
they also dropped massively in 2001 when the club shifted the NRL license to the leagues club.

That choice to make that structure might have served a (political?) purpose at the time, but in other ways now seems an extremely short sighted decision to me.

That is exactly the type of thing our club (as a whole, including NRL/U20 and the Junior/Wenty arms) is missing.

I would like to see that happen - or alternatively I would like to see them cede back responsibility for NRL/U20s back to the Football Club where it belongs, and then we could join the other NRL clubs is the membership push - for monies received and for the sphere of fan involvement.

bazza

Immortal
The blue and gold army membership offers me nothing.
I would get a free scarf and an email every month and maybe an invitation to some fan day or presentation.
I would value a vote on how the club is run over any of that crap

When you apply for season tickets they give you details of the blue and gold army membership. Why wouldn't they also give you details of the football club membership and leagues club membership?

Most businesses tell their customers about other products they have available from affiliated companies - so why can't Parramatta?

Last I checked, Harold Matthews, SG Ball and Wentworthville, all played 1 game at Parramatta stadium. So I can't see the benefit to having a Membership booth at Parramatta Stadium on game days to get people as members.
I think that people are more interested in having a voice on how their club is run - I just think people don't know how to do it.
Why does joining the football club have to be harder than joining the Masons?

Bugger the insular or non debate because not only have memberships still dropped while Hellsy has been running this thread, they also dropped massively in 2001 when the club shifted the NRL license to the leagues club.
Then the change has had the desired effect of keeping the current lot in power

I don't think it is because the club is no longer promoting membership, I think it is because some people no longer feel that the football club is relevant to the Parramatta NRL side. To a point they are right.
Did they club ever promote membership?

I would join the B&G army if being a member allowed me some say in the club's running

I would also like to point out, that I value my membership to the football club quite highly. It is my membership to the group that runs all Rugby League Development activities in the Parramatta District, and I proudly support those activities.
I like being a member too - but why do they make it so hard for people to become one?

The blue and gold army membership offers me nothing.
I would get a free scarf and an email every month and maybe an invitation to some fan day or presentation.
I would value a vote on how the club is run over any of that crap

Then go join the leagues club

When you apply for season tickets they give you details of the blue and gold army membership. Why wouldn't they also give you details of the football club membership and leagues club membership?

I would think because the Season Ticket Holders and Blue and Gold army can have members under 18 years old. The others can not. Also Both types of membership require your application to be proposed and seconded.

I think that people are more interested in having a voice on how their club is run - I just think people don't know how to do it.
Why does joining the football club have to be harder than joining the Masons?

I don't think it is that Hard. I think it is the same as Joining the Leagues club. If people want a voice in how the NRL Club is run, Join the Leagues club.

Did they club ever promote membership?

There was a time when the Membership form was available for download on the Parraleagues.com.au/eels website.

I would join the B&G army if being a member allowed me some say in the club's running

Yeah well it is something we suggested in our report, I am quite sure.

I like being a member too - but why do they make it so hard for people to become one?

Again I don't think it is that hard. I have seen much harder things to become a member off.

Hellsy

Immortal
Update!!!!! 236 people!!!!!
Please note yearly memberships are $25/year

Address/Payment/Board Meeting details:
The Board meet few months or so and they approve members in that, your application will just wait until the next one comes around.

Parramatta District Rugby League Club Ltd
PO Box 2666
North Parramatta
NSW 1750 (yes this is correct!!!)

Payment is best made by sending a cheque in with the forms (made out to the PDRLCL), or else get a money order from your bank, otherwise you may have to contact them, or if you live nearby drop in and pay in cash.
Phone: (02) 8843 0300
Fax: (02) 8843 0318
Email: pr@parraeels.com.au

These people have been sent a form by mail they should have received it by now depending on where they live:
LU Total = 178
Eelsta - +3
Flatch
Booey - +4
QHF
Macquarie Scorpions
Bartman
Rowdy
PB
Twizzle
eelz47 +3
eelaholic
UTE
Colonel
Leasa - +2
Tin
Oscarman
Eelman03
Kornstar - +4 friends
drtymind - +1
Spiderdan
eels74
lisaeels - +7 friends
PJMarshal
Kylie_J
Parra Guru
btaag + 1
AlexTheEel
paulb88
eel4life +1
Zuke +1
Noosa-eel
Freak2 +1
YY Cheng
Strider
Eelementary +2
WA Eel
Angry_eel
Forward Pass
Moggles +2
Sooper Dooper
noyd
half
lango13 +1
Mistybee
Dazeely
Macca
Glenn
poojar
kevvie
Aneeltilidie - + 2
Herbert Powell - +1
Mr_E - +1
Mickdo
Hollywood Jesus
the merch
Haynzy - +1
Half
Tyler Durden
johnkolc
ParraPhantom - +2
Thedux - +1
Jodeci - +4
Fisheel
Hindyscrack
HindyRulz - +1
_goParra
EELMAN JACK
Scottyeel +1
chrismiass +1
parrathruandthru +2
MaroubraEel +1
Agent Mulder
Daneel
Bazal
Parra R 4 Me
Morentio +1
Suitman
Eelectric +4
parra-matters
FROSTY319
fanaticeel
matteels
aenemus
ISHAC1
JKS
Scoops
parramatta_eels_123 + 2
albs_99 + 1
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam
Oudenryn
emjaycee
BBQ'd Iguana
Captain BF
1 Eyed TEZZA
Avenger + 1
1 un-named forum member
butch82
El Diablo
Selkirk
1 un-named forum member
Bazza + 2
Goey Man’s Friends – 6
1 un-named forum member
gobbies
Rewn + 2

Official board Total = 34
Eel54
Ringomitch
Chiffru + 3
Luigi + 1
Gleneel
BluenGoldwestie + 1
parraeelectric
CumberlandAshes81
Swordland
eel33 + 5
Northerneel
Jewel + 1
Eels R No 1
billtorps +1
SweenEel +1
B-Tron + 3
Parra66
Eel of the East

These people will need to be taken care of by the people who know them (Total = 24):
+ 2 of my friends that sit behind me in the Cronin Stand (Hellsy)
+ 1 friend from work (Hellsy)
+ 3 friends of MITS (Hellsy)
+ 3 friends of PP (Parra Pete)
+ 10 friends of Belly (Belly)
+ 4 casual readers (Hellsy)
+ 1 friend from NZ (Hellsy)

Is there anyone else out there who wants to join???

If anyone else is interested please PM me with the following details:
1. Full name
2. Address to send form (Work, Home or an Aussie relative if you are overseas)
3. How many forms would you like?