What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i would be interested to read what our memberships numbers were at the AGM where Helen decided to do this...

bartman

Immortal
wouldn't three badges only mean two years?

i only just got my first and its less than a week old

by the time i get my third it won't be three years, will it?
Am pretty sure that on that basis you need four consecutive badges (including the new one received just prior to the AGM) to know/show you'd be eligible to vote at it.

2006 badge + 2007 badge + 2008 bagde + new 2009 badge = at least three consecutive years of fees = vote

bartman

Immortal
231 members raised in ... what... a couple of years?

imagine what that number couldve been if the Football Club weren't so scared of voters and actually promoted this themselves!!!

i would be interested to read what our memberships numbers were at the AGM where Helen decided to do this...

Very good point. Perhaps there will be time for a question at the meeting about why our club is one of the few/only ones that seem scared of the NRL's membership drive. And how it seeks to capitalise on and involve this now increasing membership base etc...

Hellsy

Immortal
You can add 2 more to the fray :D :D :D

Update!!!!! 233 people!!!!!
Please note yearly memberships are $25/year

Address/Payment/Board Meeting details:
The Board meet few months or so and they approve members in that, your application will just wait until the next one comes around.

Parramatta District Rugby League Club Ltd
PO Box 2666
North Parramatta
NSW 1750 (yes this is correct!!!)

Payment is best made by sending a cheque in with the forms (made out to the PDRLCL), or else get a money order from your bank, otherwise you may have to contact them, or if you live nearby drop in and pay in cash.
Phone: (02) 8843 0300
Fax: (02) 8843 0318
Email: pr@parraeels.com.au

These people have been sent a form by mail they should have received it by now depending on where they live:
LU Total = 175
Eelsta - +3
Flatch
Booey - +4
QHF
Macquarie Scorpions
Bartman
Rowdy
PB
Twizzle
eelz47 +3
eelaholic
UTE
Colonel
Leasa - +2
Tin
Oscarman
Eelman03
Kornstar - +4 friends
drtymind - +1
Spiderdan
eels74
lisaeels - +7 friends
PJMarshal
Kylie_J
Parra Guru
btaag + 1
AlexTheEel
paulb88
eel4life +1
Zuke +1
Noosa-eel
Freak2 +1
YY Cheng
Strider
Eelementary +2
WA Eel
Angry_eel
Forward Pass
Moggles +2
Sooper Dooper
noyd
half
lango13 +1
Mistybee
Dazeely
Macca
Glenn
poojar
kevvie
Aneeltilidie - + 2
Herbert Powell - +1
Mr_E - +1
Mickdo
Hollywood Jesus
the merch
Haynzy - +1
Half
Tyler Durden
johnkolc
ParraPhantom - +2
Thedux - +1
Jodeci - +4
Fisheel
Hindyscrack
HindyRulz - +1
_goParra
EELMAN JACK
Scottyeel +1
chrismiass +1
parrathruandthru +2
MaroubraEel +1
Agent Mulder
Daneel
Bazal
Parra R 4 Me
Morentio +1
Suitman
Eelectric +4
parra-matters
FROSTY319
fanaticeel
matteels
aenemus
ISHAC1
JKS
Scoops
parramatta_eels_123 + 2
albs_99 + 1
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam
Oudenryn
emjaycee
BBQ'd Iguana
Captain BF
1 Eyed TEZZA
Avenger + 1
1 un-named forum member
butch82
El Diablo
Selkirk
1 un-named forum member
Bazza + 2
Goey Man’s Friends – 6
1 un-named forum member
gobbies

Official board Total = 34
Eel54
Ringomitch
Chiffru + 3
Luigi + 1
Gleneel
BluenGoldwestie + 1
parraeelectric
CumberlandAshes81
Swordland
eel33 + 5
Northerneel
Jewel + 1
Eels R No 1
billtorps +1
SweenEel +1
B-Tron + 3
Parra66
Eel of the East

These people will need to be taken care of by the people who know them (Total = 24):
+ 2 of my friends that sit behind me in the Cronin Stand (Hellsy)
+ 1 friend from work (Hellsy)
+ 3 friends of MITS (Hellsy)
+ 3 friends of PP (Parra Pete)
+ 10 friends of Belly (Belly)
+ 4 casual readers (Hellsy)
+ 1 friend from NZ (Hellsy)

Is there anyone else out there who wants to join???

If anyone else is interested please PM me with the following details:
1. Full name
2. Address to send form (Work, Home or an Aussie relative if you are overseas)
3. How many forms would you like?

emjaycee

Coach
Very good point. Perhaps there will be time for a question at the meeting about why our club is one of the few/only ones that seem scared of the NRL's membership drive. And how it seeks to capitalise on and involve this now increasing membership base etc...

Bart, I think there is still some confusion about the differences between membership of the Parramatta Football Club and the term 'Member' as used by the NRL.

In essence, the NRL has adopted the term 'member' to mean STH and is driving for that (i.e more bums on seats). Due to the convoluted (sp) structure in place at Parramatta, we STH's are not allowed to be called "members" and hence why it appears the club is not pushing the NRL Membership drive.

The two things (membership and STH) need to be seperated however I would be happy to hear someone raise a question about the Clubs drive to get more STH's and to support the NRL's drive for more bums on seats.

It should also be kept in mind that by paying $25 and becoming a member of the Parramatta District Football Club, you are in essence being a member of the group that looks after junior (Matthews/Ball/Flegg) teams only. The NRL and NYC are looked after by a seperate entity and of course, Premier League is now Wenty and is looked after by them.

MITS or Hellsy can correct anything I have wrong above, but I think it is it in a nutshell.

Bart, I think there is still some confusion about the differences between membership of the Parramatta Football Club and the term 'Member' as used by the NRL.

In essence, the NRL has adopted the term 'member' to mean STH and is driving for that (i.e more bums on seats). Due to the convoluted (sp) structure in place at Parramatta, we STH's are not allowed to be called "members" and hence why it appears the club is not pushing the NRL Membership drive.

The two things (membership and STH) need to be seperated however I would be happy to hear someone raise a question about the Clubs drive to get more STH's and to support the NRL's drive for more bums on seats.

It should also be kept in mind that by paying $25 and becoming a member of the Parramatta District Football Club, you are in essence being a member of the group that looks after junior (Matthews/Ball/Flegg) teams only. The NRL and NYC are looked after by a seperate entity and of course, Premier League is now Wenty and is looked after by them.

MITS or Hellsy can correct anything I have wrong above, but I think it is it in a nutshell.

Wenty is a joint venture between the Wenty football club, and the Parramatta football club. Junior Football is Mathews, Ball and Development squads. Flegg became NYC.

We are linked into the "membership drive" here http://www.nrl.com.au/membership/tabid/10691/default.aspx

Apart from the Term, it is pretty much the same and STH's can't vote in the Either the leagues club or football club elections.

Hellsy

Immortal
Its true.. the NRL and all the advertising class memberships as STH's, I had an arguement with some people in the NRL forum a year or so back when I tried to explain how Parra classed membership as different...

But in saying that I have been to a few grounds, Manly comes to mind straight away, and football club membership has been on offer at the ground.

Its true.. the NRL and all the advertising class memberships as STH's, I had an arguement with some people in the NRL forum a year or so back when I tried to explain how Parra classed membership as different...

But in saying that I have been to a few grounds, Manly comes to mind straight away, and football club membership has been on offer at the ground.

Indeed, but with their "football club" actually running the NRL side, it is like a Blue and Gold Army membership with voting rights.

Last edited:

Hellsy

Immortal
Its still on offer.... the voting rights membership is still on offer regardless of how they package it

Its still on offer.... the voting rights membership is still on offer regardless of how they package it

So how would you package it at the game?

One stall for Football club membership and another stall for Blue and Gold Army membership? Or would you just rather see, like almost everyone else would that membership to the Blue and Gold army or as a season ticket holder got you voting rights?

Hellsy

Immortal
I don't care TBH - someone who gets paid alot more than me and who has degrees on paper should be working that sh*t out, all I am saying is that Manly are well on top of us in regards to getting voting members on board because of the way they do it.

I'll sit in a f**king stall before games if need be :lol: :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
231 members raised in ... what... a couple of years?

imagine what that number couldve been if the Football Club weren't so scared of voters and actually promoted this themselves!!!

interesting Jess

does anyone really think they have a agenda to not increase their membership in case there could be a faction group, or even worse a take over ?

I know some of them think we are part of a faction but thats probably just paranoia

Hellsy

Immortal
It is paranoia for sure, all we wanted to do was have people in a position to vote.
I don't care to influence anyone one way or another, as I'm sure everyone who has co-signed with me would agree

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It is paranoia for sure, all we wanted to do was have people in a position to vote.
I don't care to influence anyone one way or another, as I'm sure everyone who has co-signed with me would agree

it also takes them from the comfort zome and makes them acountable for their positions

keep up the great work mate

Hellsy

Immortal
That we will :D

Hopefully the DT will print that retraction too....... that would make me happier again

bartman

Immortal

Cheers MJC. I pretty much understood the above as the situation re footy club jurisdiction and our club's lack of a membership drive.

What I'd like to see - regardless of the terms used - is our club offering STHs (or members as other clubs know them) more of a say in running of the NRL club (as other clubs seem to be doing with the NRL's backing. I don't think the agenda is just more bums on seats, although that seems like how our club is taking it - again curiously without opening up involvement of fans/members/STHs/whatever they want to call us?

I know we have a convulted structure, and that once upon a time there was a reason for that. But I'd really like to eventually see (and it will take years to unpick) our Boards (footy and leagues) agree to revise that structure so that we can sit like any other club and the NRL partnership part of Parra's operations doesn't sit so isolated and unaccountable. I think that's what the NRl drive is looking for too?

Latest posts