What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

AGM Date announced.

AGM_2010_Notice_of_Meeting.jpg

Please note time and date is different.

Also note you will need to fill in the slip at the bottom and return it.

I have spoken to some people at the club and the intention is that all 2010 members will receive Annual Reports. The club is investigating methods of delivery.

For mine, there goes a nice Sunday morning talking about footy.

My Notes, 64th Annual General Meeting
Parramatta Football Club AGM, December 14th, 2010
1) Welcome, Roy Welcomed us, and noted we had a quorum. Brian , Paul form PKF, CEO Ossie, CFO Daniel, Mr San Diego from PWC.

Apologies, Nathan Hindmarsh, Jarryd Hayne.

Presidents, Address.
Roy Spagnolo spoke about the Junior Reps, SGBall and HM Side, Both losing, but congratulated both coaches on there sides and Terry Rose for the Junior League.
Thanks to Ron Hilditch for his efforts.
Number of changed, Sid Kelly Replaced Chidiac.
Rob Sassan Replaced Brett Kenny.
Thanks to retiring coaches, Daniel Anderson, Thanks to Steven Kearney and welcome to the club.
Thanks to the Players among all teams and Wenty who all did us proud
Thanks to the Departing Juniors, Feleti, Kris, Junior . Eric Retired today.
Nathan Cayless Retiring Club Champion.
Welcome to the new Players. Today we are working to sign Chris Hicks, and they deal may have been finalized.
Membership target is 15,000. Looking forward to a good season amount all teams.
The Meeting is being taped, Steve McNamara was apologized for form the floor

2) Minutes of the 63rd Annual General Meetings
Moved : John Boland
Second : Rob Sassan
Carried.

3) Election of Directors (2011 - 2012)
Returning offices Justin to read the poll.
11 Nominations at the close. Due to late withdrawals there are only 7 nominations. As such there is no election and the Candidates have been declared elected.

A Retired Flight commander and PWC were thanked for helping with the election

4) Correspondence
Not mentioned.

5) Financial Report
Xavier Low: Moved.went from 20,000 to lots more.
Spoke with a heavy Asian accent. Addressed the board, the Financial Statement.
800% increase, in Membership
Reduction in 300,000 on LC Debt.
We made a profit and not a loss as last year.
Admin Expensive are down.
Employment Expensive are own 33%
Match Expenses are down 30%
The club is being run well and less reliant on the LC and the club is to be congratulated.
Annual report was adopted, by a Majority

John Gorden: Seconded.
No Comments

Carried

7) Election of Life Members
Ron Hilditch was thanked and is certainly missed by Ossie.

Geoff was elevated to the NSWRL Board as well as the latest member of the hall of fame.

Thanks to Dr Johnson, who has also been elected to the NSWRL as Vice President.

Gareth Holmes:
Been at the club since 1998, as a development officer, and worked his way through, as a coach and team manager, Currently works in the High performance program.
Carried by Majority.

Peter Ceraia:
Been at the club since 1995, as a Matthews Head Coach, and worked his way through, as a coach and team manager, Currently works in the Development program.
Carried by Majority.

Les Booker (Tex):
Full time statistician and coaching assistant, has been with the club since foundation. Managers the Radio, Team Gear, Socks and Shorts, Live States, Security of coaches box. Hard Copy disc of Post game information. General Accountant of the football office.
Carried by Majority.

Jarryd Anderson (Gur):
Gear Steward for the club for a long time, is now working as the coach of the under 17's.
Carried by Majority.

3 Remaining Foundation Members : Roy Gray, Wally Webster, Reg Predains.
All were given an ovation on the way up. All were accepted Carried by Majority. One of the Life members thanked all members for the honor and congratulated the club on the way it was run and the way it would be run in the future.

The other life member dedicated the award to His Father.

Roy Gray also spoke about his Father who was on the First Board at the PDRL and he was part of the delegate to go to the club in 1937 when we got knocked back

8) Notice of Motions
A) Free Membership for those that have 45 years of constant membership

There will be a change to the payment for long standing members. Members who had been in the club for 10 years the Fee is $50, 20 Years, $25, and Foundation members Free. Refunds will be offered.

Roy Gray spoke that he was supportive of this decision. Also to cut the fees down, The motion was to be put forward. David Gray asked that it be put to the members

The motion was carried Unanimously.
B) Issue the Annual Report to 2010 members. This is unconstitutional to withhold for the time they were Financial Year.
Roy and David Gray
Daniel Ram CFO came from the Floor to address the meeting. Corporations law allows for the files to be sent via E-mail and Hard copy if you did not have e-mail.

David Gray, spoke to his motion, pointed out that there is an expectation that the club members receive the Annual report as well as the Financial, but Members can be rightly peeved as to not getting the Annual report, as in previous years.

The PDRL report and the PNRL report is blended together. These are not conditional on the 2011 membership but are going out in the PNRL packs for the year.

CEO, believes that these books are not important to those who are here. But the books are available to those here tonight. But these are quite costly to produce.

Motion was defeated.

C) Membership Badges, Addition to the Constiution.

CEO noted we have changed from the Footy Manager system and the CRM. The former board asked that they should be sent to members. The original members retain their old number and they will.
1000 membership badges are still sitting at the football office. The change is to pot the onus on the members to get their badges.

Ron Price, This is not the motion that he put forward.

People collect these badges and cherish them. Membership is currently a "Bastardized" system. The costs he has is $1.52 per badge and would be made here in Australia and not China.

There was a point of oder that Ron's comments were racist.

CEO rebuked saying their is an option at the bottom of the form, given that an option at the bottom of the form.

Motion was carried.

9) Presentation of Awards.

Jack Boyle Tackling: Awarded to : Nathan Hindmarsh
Murry Wilson Try Scoring: Awarded to : Jarryd Hayne (11)

10) Change of External Auditors

Removed PKF as the External Auditor and replace them with PCW.
Moved by Sid Kelly
Seconded by Dr Johnson.

Auditors are replaced to due to a need to give a fresh perspective on the Auditing.

Denis spoke and asked if the Chairman was running the Meeting or the CEO.

Asked about the explanation about a "Fresh perspective" Is someone from PCW was related to the board. He was centered for this, and He removed the comment.

The Decision was made at Board level. As this was financial with a $60,000 sponsorship proved to the club from PWC. They will also be the better value for money and offered Value added services. PWC are a leading accounting firm.

Motion was Carried by majority.

Roy Spagnolo moved to present the Badges to the life members. Don Ritchie was asked but was not present.

Sid Kelly presented the awards.

Paul Osbourne walked them down to Wally Webster and Reg as they are both in Wheel chairs.

11) General Business

CEO has offered two issues.

Grand Final Winners be given life membership
Currently under the Constitution, it is to the board to approve nominations.

David Gray 2nd motion. This is not a motion but asking the members if they believe in the motion.

Corporate Sponsors for more than 3 years can nominate members of their origination to become members of the PDRLC.

Richard Jackson 528289 - Ex Player, John McCould lost both legs in an accident, one leg above the knee, and one after. (There was a question as to if he did play first grade here). Offer a letter of support and a financial donation.

CEO to check, with Canberra and Men of League

Brian Jolly (568)
Spoke to the letter from Kolc and Sharp, and they were corrupt, this as interrupted by a Point of order as a PLC matter. Mr Jolly sat down to applause

Brian Readon (1258), Andrew Hill's life membership, and his rescinding the motion. Brian was assured that the membership will look into it and check back.

Chairman said it would have paid put in a nomination, the board decided to not accept the nomination. (You haven't improved much)

(713) - Why the withdrawals of the Candidates.

Chairman states that you will have to ask the candidates directly

Brad Walters (368) - Outrage about John Kolc. Point of Order from Chairman and Denis that his was a Legal matter

Denis Fitzgerald (LM18), Congratulations for the Election of Geoff Gerard. Re Constitution and to be a member of NSW League to be a Board Member of the PDRL. You must be a Board Member for the PDRL to be a Board Member of the NSWRL.

NSWRL does not require the nominees to be elected, but was a director at the time. The constitution is in question in relation to NSWRL.

Kerry Pratt (50), Asking about what is on the cards for 2011, with the playing roster. But Parramatta is on the Newspapers? Do we have people in this organization feed the papers. Why are we getting such bad publicity.

Chairman said, we sell newspapers,

Thanks to Paul Cheeseman and PKF accountants.

Thanks for attending and a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.

12) Close (8:58)

Finger Food and Drinks.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Well done Mark.

I filled out a form recently to get my old footbal club membership number back and badge. Any ideas when that is coming ? Not just for me but for all of us that filled it out.

Thanks for the minutes MITS, us out of towners are in your debt when it comes to meetings etc. You are credit to the Parramatta Eels and next year I'll nominate you for life membership! maybe.....

Nikki

Coach
Felt sorry for poor old Paul Cheeseman from PKF accounting who pretty much got fired on stage tonight..

Glenn

First Grade
Likewise thankyou to MITS for the notes.

So taking the last part saying "we sell newspapers".
Here comes more leaks from the board folks..:fist:

Well done Mark.

I filled out a form recently to get my old footbal club membership number back and badge. Any ideas when that is coming ? Not just for me but for all of us that filled it out.

Sorry mate, I was expecting them at the meeting but the Badges were not there.

strider

Post Whore
are we supposed to go get he badges? .... I know we had to send in a form to say we wanted it, but it didn't say we'd have to go get it - I assumed they'd send them???

Freak2

Juniors
I thought it was interesting that no member raised any concerns in General Comments in relation to the change from Sunday to Tuesdays for this meeting???

Nikki

Coach
I thought it was interesting that no member raised any concerns in General Comments in relation to the change from Sunday to Tuesdays for this meeting???

I was expecting the same thing. But after all was said and done I didnt actually mind it being last night. There was a lot of new faces there too. Whether that was due to the new members (season ticket holders) or the night time meeting, who knows?

Latest posts