What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

jono

Juniors
playing devils advocate here,
what benefit to club/fan would it be to offer a concession membership for people who can not attend games?

the only benefit I can see is for a fan to get the warm fuzzy feeling of belonging to the club,but all fans are what makes this club great.
Bingo! You hit it on the head.
The warm fuzzy feeling of belonging to the club is the lifeblood of the club.
In this day and age of corporatisation , business franchiing ,bottom line and return on investment ,
I think it is sometimes forgotten that the raison d'etre of the football club is for players to represent the supporters who vicariously live their heroes' successes and failures. That is why , even thought players come and go , retire or move on , the true fans will always support THEIR club.

bildo

Juniors
The N.Q Cows are smart enough to have non ticketed memberships, and i would consider joining up if Parra were not certainties ; ) to take it out this year.

How amateurish and thoughtless of the clowns running the show at Parra to not take advantage of characters like me who cant attend their home games, to make a few bucks out of us, and probably impress the sponsors with many more paid up members. All it would take would be a membership card and a trinket or two.

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
The N.Q Cows are smart enough to have non ticketed memberships, and i would consider joining up if Parra were not certainties ; ) to take it out this year.

How amateurish and thoughtless of the clowns running the show at Parra to not take advantage of characters like me who cant attend their home games, to make a few bucks out of us, and probably impress the sponsors with many more paid up members. All it would take would be a membership card and a trinket or two.

umm! ok...have you heard of the blue blood membership?

bildo

Juniors
No , i don't think he has . ;-) He was probably just going on the advice he had received earlier in this thread, that he should contact the club to register his complaint . Chances are he will now go and check out the Parra site and see and see what he can find. Btw.. Thanks

Edit. Just checked it out and its too expensive for me @$70. The Cows only charge $42. Might have to give it a miss.

Thanks for your replies, guys.

Last edited:

Marrapatta

Juniors
Here's the thing about the Blue Blood "Non-Ticketed" Supporters pack. I live in Canberra, and rarely have time/want to go to Sydney.

The Pack consists of:

BLUE BLOOD SUPPORTERS PACK – $70 16 years and older
• Membership card - Useful for?
• Members lanyard - Cool
• Members hat - Cool
• Members bumper sticker - Cool
• Members key ring - Cool
• Members cooler bag - Cool
• Members coaster set - Cool
• Members tattoo sheet - Kids would like them I suppose.
• 2009 Parramatta Eels Year Book - OK
• $20 voucher for the BGA HQ (formerly Parra Footy Heaven) - This site is horrible. "Server Error in '/' Application" attempting to add to cart. Don't get me started on the rest. The web guy should be shot! The voucher wont help me to buy kit online anyway.
• Discounted merchandise at BGA HQ - See above
• Access to the Eels members only bar for ANZ Stadium home games - Not useful for interstate purchasers.
• Discounted tickets (15% off) to Eels home games* - Not useful for interstate purchasers.
• Discounted tickets to away games (subject to venue’s own terms and conditions)* - Not useful for interstate purchasers, especially in Canberra. Parra haven't played a game here in three years.
• Entry to the annual member’s forum - Not useful for interstate purchasers.
• Preferential buying windows for NRL Grand Final, NRL Final Series and State of Origin tickets* - Cool. If we get there.
• Invitation to attend members only events - Not useful for interstate purchasers.
• Opportunity to win exclusive members prizes at all home games - Not useful for interstate purchasers.
• PDRL membership (16 years and over) - Not useful for interstate purchasers.
• Pirtek Pages subscription (mailed out quarterly) - OK
• Weekly e-newsletter subscription (e-mail address must be provided) - OK

So for 70 bucks I get a membership card I can't use anywhere, a hat, a year book, a sponsors magazine subscription, a bunch of stuff that in reality isn't really worth a lot (lanyard, bumper sticker etc) and weekly spam email.

When I look at it.. I'm paying 70 bucks for a hat. The rest isn't useful for me personally.

So. I'm all for giving money away for charitable reasons and expect nothing back. Fact is, no football club is a charity. They are a business. And the above pack does not meet some customers/clients/supporters needs. I think they need to look into an interstate supporter pack. They might just pick up a few more members.

My 2 cents.

Hellsy

Immortal
U should probably also send those thoughts to the club instead of just here on the fans forum... just my 2c :D

pauljc26

Juniors
Just a quick question regarding the 2009 Year book that's was delayed
has anyone received there's or heard anything more about it ?

Juniors
Anyone know what happened to our badges with old PRLFC member numbers? Cannot remember if i got mine for 2010...

Hellsy

Immortal
The yearbooks went out so you should call the club if you missed yours.

Entry to the AGM is either through your Season Ticket or, I believe, the keyring or card that was given to non-ticketed members.