What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jono Wright

Suitman

Post Whore
As for Reddy, he's no better atm.
He did everything he could to stuff up that try by Inu just before half time. He only had a week to draw and pass and still threw it behind Inu. Thankfully, Inu's silky hand skills got Reddy out of trouble. Reddy is just hopeless atm.

Suity

Last edited:

fish eel

Immortal
What's been most disappointing about Jono is that he hasnt improved with more games.

After getting a run in some big games last year, I thought he might have come on a bit more.

Commodore

Juniors
At the game and everyone agreed he is our weakest link, denied Burt twice, get him out or every team will attack him especially Penrith, should never play first grade again, he is a pretender.Bring in someone from wenty cant afford him:( at this stage of the season.

Eels Dude

Coach
Definately doesn't seem a consistent first grader. But until Tahu and Grothe come back we've got no one better to replace him with. Unless we throw Inu into centre and Humble onto the wing. That would be a very weak pairing though. Just hope if we don't re-sign Grothe we can grab someone else to be part of our top back 5 for next year as opposed to Wright.

lingard

Coach
Wright's best tackle of the night was on Justin Poore (when trying to stop the Cowboy from scoring after the ordinary kick by Robson).

Watch the replay - excellent tackle!:lol:

Wright made some dreadful mistakes last night and looked really awkward. No confidence. Funny thing is that last year he put in a dreadful game against (I think it was Saints) in a final, and then came out the next week against the Titans and had a marvellous game. So he`s got it in him. I still think he could develop into a good attacking centre, but I guess right now is not the time to be developing players, is it? (Which is why Anderson should sack Mortimer RIGHT NOW and replace him with Humble.)

True EEL

Bench
he is awful......not up to first grade at the moment....prove me wrong Jono
surely Humble could play wing or centre above him?

BissyB

Juniors
Everytime he gets the ball he looks like he will drop it to be frightfully honest with you

mrpwnd

Bench
I'd say Wright's assets would come more from his attack, but not by much.
His defense was very poor on Monday, had rings run around him all game.
TBH, i'd have Humble over him, better runner and can work with players around him to set up some support play with Burty, and playing on the centres won't demand consistent use of the ball that a 5/8 would have, less pressure, he'll have alot of defensive lapses though.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The way I look at it, Wright is not an asset to our team yet, neither is Joel Reddy in a sense. They dont offer anything special other then attitude and commitment. Thats one thing that I think Wright cant be bagged for, he is constantly trying and must be impressing with his attitude at training.

They are toilers, they do hard and often smart work at a minimal pay. Thats an advantage IMO as we can save money in the "flashy" backs and use them in more important positions.

When looking at our backline. Inu vs Reddy in particular, we have one player who is "flashy" and one who doesnt offer much other then a great attitude and commitment and guess who has been the better player? Reddy in the last 3 years has been better for us then Inu and at a smaller wage. If Jono Wright can get to the level of Reddy, we will have 2 centers who will be consistant and reliable. They might not have the attacking prowess of a Kris Inu (questionable), but they sure as hell wont dish up some up the crap he has in the last two years (the worst Kris Inu game has been far worse then the worst Jono Wright or Joel Reddy game) and they will be a hell of alot cheaper too. Money we could use on some play makers.

dazeely

First Grade
still not sure which player is worse. Inu or wright. Both as bad as each other IMO

Mind you one of my favs in reddy isn't fairing much better.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Him and INU were both much better, the whole backline seems to feed of Hayne. Football wise and confidence wise.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Went ok, though lucky he scored that try where he refused to pass to Hayne where he would have been under the posts, still a liability.

Slick

Juniors
He is getting better, still needs time.

Reminds me of Joel when he first came up.