What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jonus Pearson

possm

Coach
IF we could hold nene for next year i'd love cotric. He would be an ideal wing replacement this year with looks to move into Laf's spot the following with the hopes one on the kids can step into the wing role the following year. Cotric and lomax could be deadly

You know Herbert could be a great left centre for our Club. Given there has been no announcement as yet, I sure hope he stays.

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Illawarra faction.

Mary is lucky that, unlike in politics where the stakeholders of the country (ie its citizens) get a periodic vote on the "coach" of the country (ie the PM and the party he/she heads), an NRL coach is not subject to a vote from the footy club members and can rely on keeping his job with support from the faction running the club. I'm tipping he would be voted out in a landslide if it went to popular vote.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
You know Herbert could be a great left centre for our Club. I there has been no announcement as yet so I sure hope he stays.

Agree Possm- his stats are amazing- particularly his tackle busts. I believe that he lead the whole ISP for tackle busts.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
No I'm nothing like them.. But I'll ask you this.. Why are you hateing
hatings a big word for a little boy being well informed doesnt mean your a hateful person .it just means you wont accept anything but the best ,which obviously you dont understand that concept .

GC Dragon

Juniors
Roosters have just won the comp and already talking talking about upgrading their squad and we have threads discussing the Fijian Sensation, Pearson, Herbert, Field & co
Says it all really
Agree . We really do except mediocrity don't we ?. Love them or hate them the Roosters are light years ahead of us . They have one bad year ..Work out the problem and fix it . We keep Pereira chase a Fijian bloke and Pearson all reserve graders when we desperately need a quality first grade winger . The club should look at the best on the market ( Oates ) and go after him . Do what the Roosters do ..Sign the best then work out who we need to move on to get under the cap before the start of the season .

Old Timer

Coach
Di
Agree . We really do except mediocrity don't we ?. Love them or hate them the Roosters are light years ahead of us . They have one bad year ..Work out the problem and fix it . We keep Pereira chase a Fijian bloke and Pearson all reserve graders when we desperately need a quality first grade winger . The club should look at the best on the market ( Oates ) and go after him . Do what the Roosters do ..Sign the best then work out who we need to move on to get under the cap before the start of the season .
Don’t forget Millward according to many is doing a sensational job.
Player movements being talked about include Ferguson to Eels, Munster here, Taupau there, Holmes somewhere else, Barba two deals in 2 years and we are stalking them with Korbin Sims, Pearson, Pereira, Latimore, the Fijian Sensation and to top it off we are probably going to announce we have also snatched Farrar & Hayne from under everyone’s noses.
Yep we are right on top of it, the dung pile of recruitment that is.

Frank Facer

First Grade
OK OK your first point is false, your second point is false.. No imagination! Do you actually believe that? He's uses is own philosophy's and is probably the only coach that does not copy trends.. The term "power game" i first herd from marys mouth.. I now regularly hear it being used.. And Look at how dull we were before mary. No attack, boring and a team heading in the wrong direction, Mary has slowly and steadily built the team we now currently have, who are competitive, great to watch and are now a legitimate premiership threat ( soon we will be a premiership force eg storm, 90s broncos). And Marys strongest attribute and the reason we will soon be a force is the culture he is building. And did you know it took Wayne Bennett 5 years to win a his first comp with the broncos? Yes five years, with luxuries of being a one team city( state ) and talent depth at his disposal that mary can only dream off.. People wanting him gone really have no idea about coaching. It sounds like you have been drawn in to thinking that Mary is a rubbish coach by some of the rubbish you have read on this forum?
I think I have been more than patient with Mary. I even believe that I have given him more than a chance to succeed, but he has so far failed to deliver.

So you do believe that Mary selects the best team at his disposal? So you think that Aitken and Nightingale should have been picked all of this year and you think that Lomax should have stayed in reserve grade, while Nightingale and Aitken continued to be selected. So you think that Mary shouldn't have dropped Lafai, in 2016, when his form was pathetic all year? So you think that Mary should have selected Mcrone at halfback all last year?

Please tell me the under performing players that Mary has dropped over the last 3 years?

Please give me some examples of imaginative coaching that Mary has implemented? BTW the power game is not imaginative. Souths were playing the power game when they won the comp. We were playing the power game when we last won a comp too.

Mary has now had 4 and half years at the helm of our club. He has so far made the semi's twice, being knocked out in the first week once and knocked out in the second week once. How long do you think that Mary should be given to win us a comp? Do you actually think that we will win a comp with Mary as coach? Many on this forum don't. As I previously said, many other coaches have been sacked after taking their teams to premiership victories or grand finals. What has Mary done to even deserve a first grade coaching position, let alone continue as our head coach?

Our fall from grace in 15, 17 and 18 is now an alarming pattern. It has all happened under Mary's watch. We were not great to watch in the second half of the season. We lost 7 of our last 11 games after leading the comp.

Do you seriously believe that any other NRL clubs would be interested in signing him up to be their first grade coach?

Do you think that Mary is better than most of the other NRL coaches and if so, what makes you believe this to be so?

Are you related to Mary?

Frank Facer

First Grade
No I'm nothing like them.. But I'll ask you this.. Why are you hateing
How do you know that you are nothing like them? How do you even know who they were unless you have been on this forum under different alias's. I don't even know who those people were, unless Mrs Gasnier was My Man Gasnier, or what ever he called himself, and I have been on this site for almost 2 years now.

I have wondered if you are an alias of Lizzy who was/is a Mary fan. lol

Frank Facer

First Grade
IF we could hold nene for next year i'd love cotric. He would be an ideal wing replacement this year with looks to move into Laf's spot the following with the hopes one on the kids can step into the wing role the following year. Cotric and lomax could be deadly
Cotric will be in the centres sooner rather than later.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Oates would be good, but his price tag is definitely an issue. I don't want us having one of our highest paid players on the wing.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Oates would be good, but his price tag is definitely an issue. I don't want us having one of our highest paid players on the wing.
I Agree his price tag will be big and we will have to pay overs for any quality player . Unfortunately because of our management and coaching staff we are no longer a desirable club to be at for high quality players . Money is the only reason you would come to the Dragons at the moment .

I think if we are to persist with a small fullback we need big powerful wingers to bring the ball back. Oates and Nene . Also with wingers of that size a half decent coach could utilise there size ( but that also requires a kicking game of quality ) .

I don't have a problem paying a winger well if he is one of our best players . And if you look at our current 1 to 5 players he laps what we have . I think we would get great value out of Oates rather than signing a bunch of reserve graders . Sign him then work out who needs to go to keep us under the cap .

Crush

Coach
Haven't followed this thread closely but has Cotric been linked to Dragons?
He would be a massive pick up. Surely Canberra wouldn't let him go anywhere.

Crush

Coach
Di

Don’t forget Millward according to many is doing a sensational job.
Player movements being talked about include Ferguson to Eels, Munster here, Taupau there, Holmes somewhere else, Barba two deals in 2 years and we are stalking them with Korbin Sims, Pearson, Pereira, Latimore, the Fijian Sensation and to top it off we are probably going to announce we have also snatched Farrar & Hayne from under everyone’s noses.
Yep we are right on top of it, the dung pile of recruitment that is.
Thats very harsh IMO.
We are on top of the dung pile?
Cmon, Millward isn't the problem at all. He has done a very good job at recruitment over the past couple of seasons.
Why you hating on Korbin Sims already? He'll be a fine addition, just wait.
All you have done above is highlighted some of our weaker recruits against some of the biggest players in the game. Munster, Holmes, who have they signed with? Are they on the market?
And Barba? Why would we want that dropkick? Dumbest player ever.

Our recruitment isn't perfect but its been very good. Hopefully we pick up a topline outside back in the off season and 2019 is looking like a very good roster.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I Agree his price tag will be big and we will have to pay overs for any quality player . Unfortunately because of our management and coaching staff we are no longer a desirable club to be at for high quality players . Money is the only reason you would come to the Dragons at the moment .

I think if we are to persist with a small fullback we need big powerful wingers to bring the ball back. Oates and Nene . Also with wingers of that size a half decent coach could utilise there size ( but that also requires a kicking game of quality ) .

I don't have a problem paying a winger well if he is one of our best players . And if you look at our current 1 to 5 players he laps what we have . I think we would get great value out of Oates rather than signing a bunch of reserve graders . Sign him then work out who needs to go to keep us under the cap .
I agree that we need a pair of big powerful wingers, especially if we keep Dufty. I would like Oates, but only at the right price, or with TPA's attached to his contract.

Old Timer

Coach
Thats very harsh IMO.
We are on top of the dung pile?
Cmon, Millward isn't the problem at all. He has done a very good job at recruitment over the past couple of seasons.
Why you hating on Korbin Sims already? He'll be a fine addition, just wait.
All you have done above is highlighted some of our weaker recruits against some of the biggest players in the game. Munster, Holmes, who have they signed with? Are they on the market?
And Barba? Why would we want that dropkick? Dumbest player ever.

Our recruitment isn't perfect but its been very good. Hopefully we pick up a topline outside back in the off season and 2019 is looking like a very good roster.
The point I am making is that other clubs are mentioned in conjunction with big name players whilst we are creating threads and talking up a bunch of Neville's in comparison.
Just look at the player movements at other clubs who are premiership contenders and then look at us and then be honest in your actual assessment.
Korbin Sims may or may not work out for us and I am thinking the words adequate / average more than anything else but why are we not linked to proven high quality, SOO or Kangaroo players?
All this fawning over Millward makes me puke, we got Graham because the Dogs had major issues otherwise he would still be a Dog and we got Hunt because he ultimately wasn't part of Bennett's plans a bit like J Moz when they were both here.
A good recruitment officer is the bloke that gets the "Big Fish" and prize them out of where you wouldn't think it possible and ultimately they are the ones who make the difference in the end.
Mitch Pearce out Cooper Cronk in hang the premiership on the wall. Mission impossible became mission accomplished.
Plenty of high quality players are moving around at the end of the season tell me who is a headliner that is coming to us and stop trying to tell me signing adequate players is doing well.
To top it off you inadvertently show off Millward's inability by stating that you "hope" we pick up a top line back.
FMD the deal should already be done and announced.

redVinme

Bench
Haven't followed this thread closely but has Cotric been linked to Dragons?
He would be a massive pick up. Surely Canberra wouldn't let him go anywhere.

Saw some posts in jub ave. He would be a great addition and has played some fullback too

Crush

Coach
The point I am making is that other clubs are mentioned in conjunction with big name players whilst we are creating threads and talking up a bunch of Neville's in comparison.
Just look at the player movements at other clubs who are premiership contenders and then look at us and then be honest in your actual assessment.
Korbin Sims may or may not work out for us and I am thinking the words adequate / average more than anything else but why are we not linked to proven high quality, SOO or Kangaroo players?
All this fawning over Millward makes me puke, we got Graham because the Dogs had major issues otherwise he would still be a Dog and we got Hunt because he ultimately wasn't part of Bennett's plans a bit like J Moz when they were both here.
A good recruitment officer is the bloke that gets the "Big Fish" and prize them out of where you wouldn't think it possible and ultimately they are the ones who make the difference in the end.
Mitch Pearce out Cooper Cronk in hang the premiership on the wall. Mission impossible became mission accomplished.
Plenty of high quality players are moving around at the end of the season tell me who is a headliner that is coming to us and stop trying to tell me signing adequate players is doing well.
To top it off you inadvertently show off Millward's inability by stating that you "hope" we pick up a top line back.
FMD the deal should already be done and announced.
Why aren't we linked to SOO players?
Geez, pretty sure we had more origin players in this years series than any other team?
Anyway, big signings just around the corner, I know because I read it on the rumours thread.
Corey Oates will look great on the wing.