What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan - How long do we wait?

mickeylane

Bench
RELAX
Dugan has signed it will be released next week....mickeylane u really have become a drama queen.....:eek:

maybe so....but unfortunately i dont trust the process and a player now a days have little loyalty irrespective of situations...I was hurt when we lost Darius, Beau Scott, JMoz...especially the first 2 who we made into top line players and left us at their height...now we are losing most prob Hastings...to lose Dugan would be demoralising!! Im sure ur right though...he will sign soon.

GaryW

Juniors
The only colours he will be in next year is Red & White....forming one of the best spines in the comp

matPORTS

Juniors
Did we not sign Dugan up with a "first option for next year" clause in his contract?

Just on this article, the player market in the NRL is seriously becoming a joke!! How can the Dogs possibly be allowed to freely move on a player mid-contract only to then bring in another player of "marquee status" on the same (or possibly more) money? How many years does Barba currently have left on his contract? Are the Dogs going to paying part of his contract for which ever club he goes too (in retrospect to the remaining time on his current contract)?

What about other clubs like the Eels, whom would surely have a bit of space under their cap now that they've moved on 12 players from their current top 25? I know their are probably other mitigating circumstances surrounding why the Eels are still so quiet in the player market (cap may still be a little bit lean as they pay out these players or perhaps no one wants to go there?).

It's like the Israel Folau saga at the start of the year. He was all set to sign for the Eels but Ian Schubert blocked the deal because he wasn't going to be paid his "true value". A few days later, Luke O'Donnell (a former Origin player) signs for the Roosters (this after an already impressive recruitment drive by them). I'd be curious to see what Luke O'Donnell was actually being paid this year. I'm willing to bet it was a bargin basement deal.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
The truth is out there.

The reality is that none of us actually know what it is in all likelihood, so some make a truth up that fits their bias. This is moreso the case for the likes of possm who in the absence of any facts has been known to construct phantom conversations and postulate mythical board meetings. More ammunition to bash the club with, bugger the facts.

From what I've been reading and any statements I've seen there isn't any obvious stalling on the part of the club, it's emanated from Duge's side. I warned people early on not to form an emotional attachment to this bloke or you could end up broken hearted, and I got howled down.

So someone else is sniffing around him. Does this really come as a surprise to anyone? I mean, really.

Bottle if your second paragraph is correct, and i've no reason to doubt it, then Im more worried now than before.

FMD i hope your wrong mate. No offence to u.

TruSaint

Referee
That was your first mistake.

There are no quotes in that article, save yourself the effort and don't go searching for it.

Mickey, you're a sucker for a headline.

Willow oh wise one, you may be right, but the waiting is turning whats left of my hair grey FFS.

Can you pull a few strings?

Discounted tatto's, breezers, free wifi ?

Last edited:

Father Ted

First Grade
The truth is out there.

The reality is that none of us actually know what it is in all likelihood, so some make a truth up that fits their bias. This is moreso the case for the likes of possm who in the absence of any facts has been known to construct phantom conversations and postulate mythical board meetings. More ammunition to bash the club with, bugger the facts.

QUOTE]

I love possms Phantom conversations there a hoot.

Minh

First Grade
Yes they are certainly dramatic and looked at from all different perspectives.

I enjoy them too. Seriously.

I'm guessing Possm is Italian, or Greek maybe - but not the Messiah. Just a hunch.

And I think those mythical board-meetings are integral part of our policy of organic growth ...kinda like BS

possm

Coach
The truth is out there.

QUOTE]

I love possms Phantom conversations there a hoot.

Love you Father. Steady, wise, witty and a pleasure to read your posts.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dogs are linked with all high profile players because they have unlimited cap space. Have you ever seen them linked to anyone who is not a club favourite or rep player? Sounds like Saints will keep him though as he is pretty greatful to the club for sticking by him.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Dugan will be there next year and beyond. Bulldogs are interested as they are coming to reality that Barba won't be at the dogs next season and the bulldogs will throw anything at Dugan to get him.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Dugan will be there next year and beyond. Bulldogs are interested as they are coming to reality that Barba won't be at the dogs next season and the bulldogs will throw anything at Dugan to get him.

U just made that shit up. Read the off articles where direct quotes from Dugan are used.

:sarcasm:

Steelman

Juniors
Wow I'm blown away by some of the misinformed statements being made by some people on Dugans future
I will say it again the dragons have an option on Dugan for 2014 which will be activated by the club with an extension for 2015 and 2016

End of story. ...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow oh wise one, you may be right, but the waiting is turning whats left of my hair grey FFS.

Can you pull a few strings?

Discounted tatto's, breezers, free wifi ?
Trusaint, I don't feel that wise today.

Went to the pub last night, watched us lose, then mingled with some fellow Saints fans: a bloke from Assyria (insisted he was Assyrian and not Syrian), a pommie and three Kiwis... and we kicked on. I eventually stumbled out into the night, did the right thing and walked home, found the lounge and that's where I stayed until 9 o'clock this morning. Got woken up by lawn mowers, sporting a sore neck and a mother of all hangovers. Then I remembered last night... f**k... we lost.

Feeling a little better now. But couldn't pull a string to save myself. Sorry.

Father Ted

First Grade
Wow I'm blown away by some of the misinformed statements being made by some people on Dugans future
I will say it again the dragons have an option on Dugan for 2014 which will be activated by the club with an extension for 2015 and 2016

End of story. ...

Well Houston this is mission control , can we expect activation anytime soon please.. Mission control this is Houston The Eagle was last seen sitting in a boat in suburban Miranda pissed as a paraket .. Over... Roger that Houston...

Latest posts