What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Hoffman Leaving Rumour

AceAv

Juniors
Hoffman on wing was the sharpest! -He's a great player and it would really suck to lose him.

Given that.. I don't think he'll look at leaving until his contract finished in 2015?

1qaz

Juniors
"Griffin rekons Hoffman and Barba will have to take a "team first approach" like it is something new to em," Shane wrote.

"Joshy been putting his team first ever since he started with da broncs.

"Let's hope dis same approach extends to da coaching ranks. We saw the "Fruits" of dis approach in season 2013.........very soar!

Been saying this for years :crazy:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
We saw the "Fruits" of dis approach in season 2013.........very soar!

a3ZOpn8.jpg

Just an observation from the outside.

I am a fan of another club (Warriors). but have long had a soft spot for the Broncos.

More than a soft spot really, I have always admired the team, organisation and its culture.

This respect only grew once I started an association with the Redcliffe RL club 10 years ago.

I consider the Broncos to be a real example of what a modern pro sports organisation should be, I have not only seen the very public success but also the fine work that they have done with many young people and the wider community.

I have always thought I would be very comfortable with any of my children or wider family going into this culture, this is not a recomendation I would make for many other pro sporting organisations (the only other one is the the Crusaders in RU (I have a nephew in their development structure now).

Over the last few years it seems like things are going off the rails a bit. The fact that Brisbane juniors are being picked up and graded by other clubs and then coming back AFTER cracking first grade (and then at or near to top price) shows me something is wrong with talent identification and management.

I understand you cant keep them all and that some may not have looked like FG material as younger players but the list of juniors from SE QLD who are in other clubs develop programs is significant. Its not just the quantity but the quality that is a concern.

Now you have signed a player who while massively talented is obviously troubled and frankly is a bit of a gamble.

The "internal" talk from the like of Hodges and Hoffmans dad being so public just adds to the impression that there is more wrong than just on the field.

I am not bagging your club (I frequently hold it up as an example of what I want the Warriors to learn from).

WUP

blaza88z

Coach
I see your thread in the main forum turned into a heap of shit, you wanted it all to be about Hodges but instead it's all about how dumb Hoffman's dad is.

You figured you'd give a crack here didn't ya.. of course you did you f**king idiot

Get the f**k out of here

Kiwi

First Grade
Tell us more about Chris Walker playing for Australia :lol:
I already admitted I was thinking of origin knuckle head . Do us all a favor, go crawl back up your mother and come out when your brain has fully formed. Like all your lame attempts at trolling this too has failed.

1qaz

Juniors
you try to look smart by naming players "off top of me head" f**k off we don't need dumb asses like you on these broncos forums

Kiwi

First Grade
the only one that looks stupid is yo u. all you do is bag the club, you're not a fan at all, you're a parasite. just remember to crawl back up the right hole, and seeing as you were shat out, that's the back one.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Thanks for your thoughts WUP.

There is no doubt that the Broncos are not the club they used to be. When you lose people like Bennett/Connel/Lockyer from a place; they are near impossible to replace. The Henjak period didn't help either. To Broncos need time to build again and I think they are starting to do that with some good recruitment (both players and coaching staff).

Although a lot of the issues surrounding talent our out of their control. Other clubs are getting smarter in scouting talent and with the salary cap the way it is, "you can't keep them all" means a lot more now than it ever has.

But I think the Broncos are making some moves in the right direction there as well. More development in the Logan area, new recruiting staff and willingness to look for talent at other clubs.

I think we will see the Broncos return to somewhere close to what they used to be. It is still a few years off though imo.

The fans need to take the good times with the bad; and the Broncos really haven't suffered that much bad...

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
Great read WUP

I agree on a lot of your points, and GTB has answered them very well. I think our star pulling power is on the rise again as well. After Folau walked out and Inglis did a rain dance and a back flip our club was hurting. Henjak didn't have the best rep and was obviously struggling, star players did not want to join us. That has changed, in the last few months we have signed a big forward who was on the verge of QLD selection before injury, the 2012 player of the year and the most promising youngster the game has seen in a very very long time. Also if you believe the press you can add Cam smith to the side in 2015 as well. This wouldn't have happened 24 months ago, and as much as many Bronco fans don't want to admit it, White, Gee and Griffin are stearing the club in the right direction. They are making all the right moves with players, staff and development, the rebuilding started when those three walked in, especially white and griffin. 24 months ago other fans were telling us the glory days for the Broncos were dead, now in about 12 months time a team will start training for the 2015 season with a side that could win the comp. They have recruited the storms head fitness trainer of the last 10 or so years in Corvo and poached Edwards one of the best scouts off the Raiders.

The writing is on the wall. you know the broncos are strong when you see them getting slammed and whinged about in every second thread on here.

some11

Referee
White, Gee and Griffin are stearing the club in the right direction. They are making all the right moves with players, staff and development, the rebuilding started when those three walked in, especially white and griffin.

White's done his job the whole time, Gee's only just pulled his finger out recently but Griffin and Kearney are fighting for their jobs next year.

Football operation managers will sign quality players regardless of who is coach.

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
White's done his job the whole time, Gee's only just pulled his finger out recently but Griffin and Kearney are fighting for their jobs next year.

Football operation managers will sign quality players regardless of who is coach.
no they won't. otherwise inglis would be a bronco

AceAv

Juniors
I'm a little concerned about Hoffman leaving. -There's a good chance we'll lose him...

We have a much stronger side this year with plenty of depth for most positions.

Hoffman has no doubt earned the right to play fullback and is clearly not happy about the prospect of being shunned by the coach and have to step down and give it to Barba (who is no doubt a better full back in peak form -but when's the last time he's been at that level?)

I do hope Barba is the one who gets the short end of the stick and put in number 6 -or even 14 for the first few weeks until we see who's shining stronger.

Professionally I agree Hoffman should just stfu and play wherever the coach/team needs him. But we need to respect that he's human and clearly isn't happy having to give into the bullshit politics and have some of his own team mates rant on about where he should/could and can't play.

He's an exceptional player and was one of the only ones who played last year with very consistent form. So I think Griffin needs to keep him in the no#1 and let his footy do the talking. If he doesn't produce a good enough performance. Than it's justified to move Barba to #1 Hoff to wing and look at putting in a good #6 to compliment Hunt.

The centers and wing this year are overloaded with depth. In the opening few matches I prefer to see:

1.Hoff
2.Kahu
3.Reed
4.Hodgo/Vidot
5.YY/Copley/Oates

Latest posts