What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Hoffman Leaving Rumour

DeeJ

Bench
$400k (if that's what he's actually on - I doubt it is accurate) is about par for a player of Hoffman's calibre under the current cap.

Yes but a couple years ago the contract would have been written up and that's far too high for that time. I agree with you though, its a dubious figure (i hope).

gcbronco

Juniors
Yep sounds fine to me.

He was our biggest try scorer last year and pulled off some crucial tries in games we would have lost otherwise. -Yet some people are happy to discard him just for wanting to fight for his favorite position.

Expect Barba to get injured this year. It's not unlikely... Without Hoffman I really don't see a great replacement to cover this position. -Granville at best IMO??

Broncos I am sure are aware of this and will work hard to ensure we see him play for us in 2014.

He was our biggest try scorer last year out on the wing(Oates wasn't far off and he played far less games) and that has more to do with the ability of the players around him to create opportunities for him out wide, put him at fullback and his potency in attack dropped far too quick, big difference between the two. His excellent at ball returns I don't question that, but attacking wise he lacks vision in attack and really doesn't have the creativity that modern day fullbacks required to really succeed, fullbacks need to be able to link and create opportunities, Hoffman has yet to display that at any real level. I got no problem with moving him to fullback for 2014, but then comes in Milford for 2015 and it really doesn't solve the issue long term, like it or lump it he will need to play wing longterm or leave the club.

Lewis was asked to play lock, didn't want to but did, Gene Miles moved into the back row to help the forwards, Kevin Walters moved to halfback in 2000 to make way for Ben Ikin, Darren Lockyer was developed into a fullback from 5/8th and then later asked to go play 5/8th did so. His not the first player at the club or any club to be asked to play a different position and expected to.

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I would really like Hoffman to stay as he is our best winger at the club (and as someone said earlier, provides fullback coverage if Barba goes down injured).

In saying that, I hope we don't move Barba to 5-8 to keep Hoffman happy.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
My source tells me Hoffman is history. He will be formally released in the coming weeks.

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

AceAv

Juniors
Fair points there gcbronco.

I'd be still disappointed if he goes. But if he doesn't have his heart in it because he was asked to play elsewhere than maybe its best he plays elsewhere..

Nerd

Bench
I'd like Hoffman to stay but primarily as a winger and as a back up for fullback if Barba gets injured.

Latest posts