What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Hoffman Leaving Rumour

some11

Referee
no they won't. otherwise inglis would be a bronco

There was a lot of instability at the time, everyone knew Henjak was probably on the way out and the club was clearing the decks for Bennett's return which didn't eventuate, all souffs had to do was capitalise on that.

I's not like Gee gave him an ultimatum ala Bruno to Bellamy.

Maroon4life

Juniors
I'm a little concerned about Hoffman leaving. -There's a good chance we'll lose him...

We have a much stronger side this year with plenty of depth for most positions.

Hoffman has no doubt earned the right to play fullback and is clearly not happy about the prospect of being shunned by the coach and have to step down and give it to Barba (who is no doubt a better full back in peak form -but when's the last time he's been at that level?)

I do hope Barba is the one who gets the short end of the stick and put in number 6 -or even 14 for the first few weeks until we see who's shining stronger.

Professionally I agree Hoffman should just stfu and play wherever the coach/team needs him. But we need to respect that he's human and clearly isn't happy having to give into the bullshit politics and have some of his own team mates rant on about where he should/could and can't play.

He's an exceptional player and was one of the only ones who played last year with very consistent form. So I think Griffin needs to keep him in the no#1 and let his footy do the talking. If he doesn't produce a good enough performance. Than it's justified to move Barba to #1 Hoff to wing and look at putting in a good #6 to compliment Hunt.

The centers and wing this year are overloaded with depth. In the opening few matches I prefer to see:

1.Hoff
2.Kahu
3.Reed
4.Hodgo/Vidot
5.YY/Copley/Oates

So you want to put a player who we payed alot of money for, a player who almost carried that bulldogs side to a grand final and received Dally M player of the year on the bench in lieu of Hoffman?

I get you covered yourself by eluding to Barba's 2013 season form, but that's a BS reason to give it to Hoffman. If that moron wants fullback and fullback only, let him leave. We have a fullback who has proven to play at an elite level already.

We've seen what Hoffman has at fullback and it was below ordinary, he was however a very good winger, he needs to accept that.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah IBR -I get it seems pretty ludicrous to give in to players demanding their favourite positions (if that's what's really happening here).

But I really would hate to lose Hoffman over it all. -If Barba steps up and becomes the FB of 2012 again and we are well covered for wingers and a solid #6 then losing Hoffman wouldn't be such a sting.

But hopefully the trials and the first couple of weeks of the season will give both Barba and Hoffman a chance to show who's the better fit at #1.

Bretto

Bench
Backline will be more like...

1. Barba
2. Hoffman/Copley/Vidot/Oates
3. Reed
4. Hodges/Hoffman/Vidot/Oates/Yow Yeh
5. Vidot/Oates/Yow Yeh/Copley
6. Kahu
7. Hunt

AceAv

Juniors
Kahu can play 6?? -Didn't expect that..

How has he behaved exactly IBR? -I haven't seen any thing proving out of line behaviour??

Kiwi

First Grade
I say we offer a release to Hoffman and offer the 400k he is on to Ferguson, push reed out to the wing. Hodgo and Fergo in the centres...hell yeah

Smiley

Bench
I say we offer a release to Hoffman and offer the 400k he is on to Ferguson, push reed out to the wing. Hodgo and Fergo in the centres...hell yeah

I say we piss butterfingers reed off and play Hoffman at centre.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I say we piss butterfingers reed off and play Hoffman at centre.

The whole reason Hoffman is supposedly not happy at Brisbane is being forced to play anywhere other than fullback. Making him play at centre does not solve the issue. Reed is a better centre anyway.

Smiley

Bench
What lol? -Reed is a great player, and he's signed til 2015

You can thank Andrew Gee for that.

Yes he is an alright defender but he lacks pace (so does the entire back line minus Hoffman and now barba).

He's good at high balls but is let down by having terrible hands.

gUt

Coach
Hodges is a special case but the general fact is true, we have slow backs and it kills us.

DeeJ

Bench

:shock: what the hell was hoffman doing on 400k? That's elite player wage.

And don't say he's a rep player because anyone who is eligible for the Kiwis makes the team at least once in their career.

Funkotron

Juniors
I am a Broncos fan, and while I'd be disappointed if he left, I wouldn't hold it against him. We have a lot of backs, though there are still huge uncertainties over Yow Yeh, and Hodges misses a lot of games. Maranta has been terrible so far too.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
:shock: what the hell was hoffman doing on 400k? That's elite player wage.

And don't say he's a rep player because anyone who is eligible for the Kiwis makes the team at least once in their career.

$400k (if that's what he's actually on - I doubt it is accurate) is about par for a player of Hoffman's calibre under the current cap.

AceAv

Juniors
Yep sounds fine to me.

He was our biggest try scorer last year and pulled off some crucial tries in games we would have lost otherwise. -Yet some people are happy to discard him just for wanting to fight for his favorite position.

Expect Barba to get injured this year. It's not unlikely... Without Hoffman I really don't see a great replacement to cover this position. -Granville at best IMO??

Broncos I am sure are aware of this and will work hard to ensure we see him play for us in 2014.

Latest posts