What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh McGuire

McGuire is on report again today.

I mean it is actually hilarious. Didn't see it but your know he is good for one every game.
I would say a dangerous contact grade 2- head or neck - 300 Points or Careless high tackle grade 2 -200 points - would have loading's though as a repeat offender

Gareth67

First Grade
Damn pity the big numbskull hasn’t got the brains to change his name to Corey Norman so he serves the suspension.

hewi

Bench
At least he was making an effort and running straight and hard. Having said that he is a liability I’d show him the door

thebigredv

First Grade
And have the NRL come out with any punishment for the refs that missed the blatant push on Feagai that ultimately would have changed the result of the game?

Mojo

Bench
We let SOO forwards go and recruit renowned serial judiciary cases on the verge of retirement instead. If McGuire was intended to assist the apparent culture- change, it clearly wasn’t a wise decision. He attended the bbq and has practiced head shots since he started playing as a toddler. Looks to me like Hook likes coaching guys who look up to him. McGuire is a symptom rather than a cause IMO.

redv13

Bench
That is fine, hopefully to start next season we have enough depth he would probably struggle to make the side anyway, he will be handy when injuries and suspensions happen later in the year.
Bit hard to be handy later on when every time he sneezes he gets a month off. Like him but f**k his suspensions are become very concerning

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Bit hard to be handy later on when every time he sneezes he gets a month off. Like him but f**k his suspensions are become very concerning
Yeah well they are but the one last night he was binned for could have happened to any player. Love him or hate him you would have to be hard pressed or extremely biased to not think there was at least a fair element of bad luck in that that one he went in about hip height, the bloke just got folded.

redv13

Bench
Yeah well they are but the one last night he was binned for could have happened to any player. Love him or hate him you would have to be hard pressed or extremely biased to not think there was at least a fair element of bad luck in that that one he went in about hip height, the bloke just got folded.
It’s annoying mate coz when he gets going our go forward is much better. He’s a competitor and has a dig, bit of old school about him that I like

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It’s annoying mate coz when he gets going our go forward is much better. He’s a competitor and has a dig, bit of old school about him that I like
Yeah last night he added a lot of go forward and the fact he can play hooker and ball play a bit really adds some good value off the bench. It is a real shame and it is hard for me to win an argument with anyone about him becoming a liability because the suspensions speak for themselves but that one last night was just total bad luck that when you have a record and head like McGuire you just tend to cop the full punishment for. Im pretty sure if someone like Matt Dufty did the exact same thing and accidentally clipped someone at about hip height it would be a penalty and maybe a week off at worst.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Surely they wouldn’t be that stupid, they got rid of him once for a reason!
The bloke has always been a grub & is an absolute liability.
We are such a dumb & desperate club for thinking he’d improve our performance, when he’s literally a jinx.
Piss him off with Norman……..please!
I'm trying my best to be fair to Hook and give him a chance to show why he's a 60% career winning coach but his "loyalty" to McGuire and Norman leaves me speechless. The only possible reason he kept playing Norman may have been the injury to Hunt and the lack of a long kicking game in either Sullivan or Amone- however, his kicking game didn't win us a match in the last eight did it?

Gareth67

First Grade
Still shaking my head over Norman dropping the ball in what was his very last play in the game and more than likely his career .

We actually had an outside chance of scoring if only he had held that pass and booted the ball into the heavens , if only . . .

# Apologies gents - wrong thread .#

Last edited:
The interpretation of the rules is killing this bloke and many other players

Attackers stumbling into tackles and somehow the defender must in a split second adjust or be binned or suspended

have no problem for any penalty given to guys who take someone’s head off whilst running upright.

Defenders shouldn’t be victimised for mere accidents

Mojo

Bench
Still shaking my head over Norman dropping the ball in what was his very last play in the game and more than likely his career .

We actually had an outside chance of scoring if only he had held that pass and booted the ball into the heavens , if only . . .
Like all things Corey, what appeared possible turned out to be the exact opposite of the actual. For some reason I can‘t help feeling sympathetic.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I'm trying my best to be fair to Hook and give him a chance to show why he's a 60% career winning coach but his "loyalty" to McGuire and Norman leaves me speechless. The only possible reason he kept playing Norman may have been the injury to Hunt and the lack of a long kicking game in either Sullivan or Amone- however, his kicking game didn't win us a match in the last eight did it?
I too am/was happy to give Hook a chance to turn this club around.
Unfortunately, call it loyalty or stupidity in sticking with all these ex Queensland journeyman hacks, but it will ultimately end his coaching career.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
We let SOO forwards go and recruit renowned serial judiciary cases on the verge of retirement instead. If McGuire was intended to assist the apparent culture- change, it clearly wasn’t a wise decision. He attended the bbq and has practiced head shots since he started playing as a toddler. Looks to me like Hook likes coaching guys who look up to him. McGuire is a symptom rather than a cause IMO.
When McGuire is on the field and not offending, he's actually a high quality, hard-working player. But he's racked up six weeks off the park this year plus whatever he gets from last nights two offences- another six weeks ?- it's like having an expensive car that is always breaking down.