What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JT is about to be on Fox

Redback71

First Grade
how good was the interview just makes me even more pissed off jt should be coach not bloody hagan:(

strider

Post Whore
JT is gonna be a very good coach one day - always was a smart footballer - a shame he won't be with us

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Looks like J Smith has the half spot for the rest of the season.

JT said he has the rest of the season to step up and prove himself in First grade.

eel power

Juniors
Dam don't have paytv :( but my boyfriend and I are hoping to get it on next year. I also wish JT was staying on as our coach.

Hellsy

Immortal
So for those of us that don't have FOXTEL... can someone please explain what was said??

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Hellsy this is what I remember, I have been drinking so its not too much.

1. He suggested to Brian Smith a few weeks before he left that he thought Hayne was ready for the step up to first grade.

2. He likes to bring youngsters through into the top grade because they often lift to another level when playing with top grade players. He thinks this might be the case with Jeremy.

3. He believes we will still make the 8. As the players are all playing for the bloke beside them and nobody is going to let anyone else in the team down.

4. If we play to the best of our ability then we are a big chance to beat the Warriors.

If I remember anything else I will post it.

strider

Post Whore
I'll see what else i can remember ...

- they asked if he had other options when he joined souths ... he said he had none, had talked to hagan very briefly but hagan never rang him back
- he talked a little about souths making good moves to get experienced players (but hey we don't care about souths)
- he talked about timmy, saying he was a great kid with a great future - JT is disappointed he won't get to coach him anymore .... JT said he was glad timmy got injured after playing a great 1st half against newy rather than a few weeks ago cos he proved he was back to his best

ummmmm .... what else .... will post if i think of more

James_Hardie

Juniors
I heard JT on the radio this afternoon. Honestly, how our club couldn't work out this was the bloke to coach our club, i don't know.

He talked about how this year in the preseason, the club tried putting all the guys on different fitness regimes (obviously different players have different needs and need to do different amounts of work to get to the right level of fitness). But he said it backfired a bit because with the old fashion conditioning sessions, you have your mates pushing you on and it builds team spirit, but this way it kind of kept them all apart a bit and not working together. So he has focused on doing some serious conditoning sessions and he feels that has helped bring the guys closer again.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Redback71 said:
how good was the interview just makes me even more pissed off jt should be coach not bloody hagan:(

Thought the same thing too :(

JT is a fantastic coach and a bloody good bloke too. He has got the under performers to stand up and be counted, the team is going well and now what? He's off to bloody South Sydney. Another f**king great decision Fitzy!! If you believe the talk, Hagan was brought in because he's worked with Johns for so long as is supposed to bring the best out in Tim. That's funny because JT had Timmy in top form before the injury, can this merkin do ANYTHING right? I wish he'd rack off.

Nothing against Hagan, he deserves his chance but if he doesn't have this team performing next year, the fans will make damn sure he knows about it.