What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judicary get it wrong again

firechild

First Grade
Fa'aoso can think himself quite unlucky, he was really just trying to protect Inglis from himself. 8 weeks isn't suprising given loading and carryover points though. Stewart can probably consider himself lucky, I expected a bit more. Matai was probably unlucky to even get charged but a grade 1 is difficult to argue against. George Burgess showed how soft he is though. He put his head up and had a look around before deciding that he'd been hit hard enough to warrant acting like he'd been knocked out.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Brett Stewarts action was a microcosm of the Manly Footy club.

He wasn't happy with being a little roughed up by an opposite number and lashed out with a foul act. Too often we see Manly get flustered when they are not winning the physical battle, and this kind of thing creeps into their game. Level headed Manly fans have even acknowledged the foulness of Stewarts act.

It is very disappointing that it will not receive the punishment it deserves, whereas a solid hit that had no malice in it will be treated overly harsh. A cynic would say that the MRC is judging the men involved rather than the acts themselves.

I support Brisbane and he screwed Brisbane over because of planes not flying when wet.
He was dropped on his head twice. What punishment should Richie get?
Sounds like you are the bias one

According to ECT he should be given a medal and elevated to immortal status.

I mean, who will go to watch Manly play for the next 8 weeks now that their main drawcard Richie Fa'oso is not playing? The NRL are just shooting themselves in the foot by rubbing such outstanding players out.

firechild

First Grade
There's nothing honest about you. You're a f**king hypocrite. Just like all the other bias tards that come on here and want every player in the NRL suspended except their own. Wait till it's a LOL@methodrinkers player and you'll be here espousing their innocence.

Didn't you see the merkins defending Inglis last year when he put his shoulder into Dean Young's face?

I mean, who will go to watch Manly play for the next 8 weeks now that their main drawcard Richie Fa'oso is not playing? The NRL are just shooting themselves in the foot by rubbing such outstanding players out.
So no you're suggesting that star players SHOULD get favourable treatment. That a bloke who is not a "good" player should be treated differently. Thought as much. This is just another reason why you have no credibility.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Stewart should be 6-10 weeks cynical disgusting foul play. Manly should have had 2 sent off as far as I am concerned

So no you're suggesting that star players SHOULD get favourable treatment. That a bloke who is not a "good" player should be treated differently. Thought as much. This is just another reason why you have no credibility.

tumblr_mbzxt23X8c1r3zat8.jpg

ek999

First Grade
ECT what do you think would be fair for him taking into account that he is only a couple of weeks back from suspension for a dangerous contact charge

ECT what do you think would be fair for him taking into account that he is only a couple of weeks back from suspension for a dangerous contact charge
Shoulder charge. Should have got nothing.

Two "dangerous" tackles on a bloke who likes to dive into the ground, a few weeks.

The point is, the whole system is too harsh and it hurts the game. The punishments should NOT just be about rubbing blokes out for weeks on end.

Tone83

Juniors
Stewart is a complete and utter scumbag, his elbow was worse than the spears because it's definitely no accident, its really just a cowardly blindside king hit. The fact it was sneaky and not a looping haymaker should make no difference.

I guess we should know by now that the beady eyed snake is above the law.