What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judicary get it wrong again

magpie4ever

First Grade
No. You miss the point.

The point is, too many players are being rubbed out of the game. And that affects the product. And that affects crowds, TV ratings etc. And that affects the revenue of the game. And it goes on.

But he hurt your precious little non-domestic violence loving angel so he deserves life.

Ok, so it is all about the product - forget it is a game called rugby league. H'mm, may I suggest a rule change -all players allowed to carry sabres to slaughter the opposition, make it a real battlefield - would be great for the TV ratings,

Mate, you have really lost it.

Inglis hit on Young last year was a completely different kettle of fish.

I will say it right here and now...

Any player who puts his hand between a tackled players legs and lifts the tackled player with the result that he ends up landing on his head = automatic 6 weeks imo.

Regardless of which team he plays for / against.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Then here is a thought...might be a little old fashioned...but DON'T spear tackle people and you won't cop a suspension. Stewart is a little lucky but there really wasn't much force. I did think he would cop a grade 2 though, so a bit lucky in that regard. Matai is as expected.

The one I a annoyed at is Kade Snowden...breaks a blokes jaw and won't miss a week...and yet O'Dwyer misses 8 weeks!

Ok, so it is all about the product - forget it is a game called rugby league. H'mm, may I suggest a rule change -all players allowed to carry sabres to slaughter the opposition, make it a real battlefield - would be great for the TV ratings,

Mate, you have really lost it.
Yeah that's what I want.

f**king Labore merkin dishonestly twisting the matter. Who would have imagined such a thing.

Inglis hit on Young last year was a completely different kettle of fish.

I will say it right here and now...

Any player who puts his hand between a tackled players legs and lifts the tackled player with the result that he ends up landing on his head = automatic 6 weeks imo.

Regardless of which team he plays for / against.
Oh well, throw out the rule book. A LOL@toothless fan has the answer. FMD.

Kiwi

First Grade
So according to ECT there should be no harsh penalties, lets return to the good ole days of dirty play, elbows ect and see what that does to the image of the game and see how rating survive.

Is there a bigger douche on these forums than ECT I think not, he makes Bunniesman look smart.

So according to ECT there should be no harsh penalties, lets return to the good ole days of dirty play, elbows ect and see what that does to the image of the game and see how rating survive.

Is there a bigger douche on these forums than ECT I think not, he makes Bunniesman look smart.
Yeah that's what I said.

Again a f**king lying piece of shit thinks he can twist what I say and that equates to a valid point.

This is the mong who thought the judiciary charges players. Credibility = zero.

So Brett Stewart can run 50m and perform a flying clothesline and only get a week. He can also deliberately elbow someone in the face off the ball and get nothing. What a joke, he should be on the sidelines for AT LEAST a fortnight, probably longer. Protected species certainly is the phrase that comes to mind.

Didgi

Yeah that's what I said.

Again a f**king lying piece of shit thinks he can twist what I say and that equates to a valid point.

So no you're suggesting that star players SHOULD get favourable treatment. That a bloke who is not a "good" player should be treated differently. Thought as much. This is just another reason why you have no credibility.

:lol: The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

RHCP

Bench
The judiciary is f**king geniused. They only care about the image of the game rather than any real kind of consequence for players.

Say Stewart hits the wrong spot and breaks his jaw, would they still have given him 0-1 week? Same for Matai. If Fa'aoso spear tackled Bryson Goodwin and had another soft tip over on Nathan Peats and it wasn't all over the news as 'players targetting Inglis with spear tackle' (which is bullshit), would he be facing such a long suspension? If Robinson had got up and played the ball, Jeremy Smith would be playing next week.

:lol: The hypocrisy is overwhelming.
f**k off.

He is suggesting that it's okay to suspend a bloke for a long time if he's not a star player because that won't hurt he game. Which also suggests that if he was a star player he shouldn't be suspended.

How is that not what he is saying?

Dutchy

Immortal
Stewart should have got 2. Same with Everingham.
Matai should not have have even been placed on report.

Nugget10

Juniors
Richie's ban seems fair although tackles like that used to attract 12 week bans.

Matai should have got more in my opinion. careless, reckless and dangerous. He jumped ffs.

Stewart can count himself lucky aswell

ek999

First Grade
The judiciary is f**king geniused. They only care about the image of the game rather than any real kind of consequence for players.

Say Stewart hits the wrong spot and breaks his jaw, would they still have given him 0-1 week? Same for Matai. If Fa'aoso spear tackled Bryson Goodwin and had another soft tip over on Nathan Peats and it wasn't all over the news as 'players targetting Inglis with spear tackle' (which is bullshit), would he be facing such a long suspension? If Robinson had got up and played the ball, Jeremy Smith would be playing next week.

Agree with Stewart and Matai but disagree with Fa'aoso. I think he was looking at a decent stint on the sidelines no matter who it was on.

EDIT: Watched the Matai tackle again. One week is fine. Still think Stewart should cop a couple of weeks on the sidelines

Last edited:

MSIH

Bench
So Brett Stewart can run 50m and perform a flying clothesline and only get a week. He can also deliberately elbow someone in the face off the ball and get nothing. What a joke, he should be on the sidelines for AT LEAST a fortnight, probably longer. Protected species certainly is the phrase that comes to mind.

That was 2 years ago, when are people going to get over it?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Neither Matai or Stewart should have been cited. Matai effectively hit him across the chest. It's just unfortunate that his tackle slipped up off the ball because of the force of the tackle. These things happeen and it's farcical that he was even cited.

As for Stewart, it looked worse that it actually was. He raised his arm but imo had no intention to love tap him with his elbow. A telling off and a warning to be careful next time should suffice. No charge required.

Latest posts