What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judicary get it wrong again

RufusRex

Post Whore
Matai should be suspended ... A classic swinging arm aimed upwards towards the top of the ball ... It was never going to miss the head and everyone knows it ... Grade 1 reckless 300 points.

Stewart admitted on the field that it was a square up .. a grade 1 intentional high tackle is 550 points .. that many points is the vicinity of what he should have been charged with .. The hit was intentional and it was high. For me grade 4 dangerous conduct.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Richie deserves more weeks. Gave away too many penalties and let in a try. Stewart is fine, nothing in it. Matai will fight the charge and get off for the hit of season.

Tommax25

Bench
So Brett Stewart can run 50m and perform a flying clothesline and only get a week. He can also deliberately elbow someone in the face off the ball and get nothing. What a joke, he should be on the sidelines for AT LEAST a fortnight, probably longer. Protected species certainly is the phrase that comes to mind.

It was 3 or 4 weeks, not sure which exactly from memory. It was reduced to one through a combination of early guilty plea + having a 7 year clean record. People tend to forget this fact when compaining about him "only getting a week".

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Matai should get more for the intent, textbook example of a swinging arm.

Stewart should get 3-4 weeks, deliberate elbow to the head of a player. Only lucky that Everingham wasn't injured.

OH PLEASE !
Was it a stupid thing to do ? YES !
Is Brett Stewart an idiot to even try and do it ? YES !
But to say that Everingham was "lucky" not to get hurt from that made me laugh.
Maybe Everingham should go to the Isaac Luke school of acting ?

Fire

First Grade
Inglis hit on Young last year was a completely different kettle of fish.

1366919164501.gif

+1

It's about time someone began speaking the truth in this thread.

Inglis' hit on young was a lot worse.

And Young was a Saints player.

The Manly players f**ked up souffs players, royally.

Give them medals, not suspensions.

grandorient

Bench
Matai is the dirtiest grub I've ever seen playing Rugby League in the last 20 years.

He should get at least 4 weeks, just on spec.

GO

Danny-Boy

Juniors
1366919164501.gif

+1

It's about time someone began speaking the truth in this thread.

Inglis' hit on young was a lot worse.

And Young was a Saints player.

The Manly players f**ked up souffs players, royally.

Give them medals, not suspensions.

Why isn't Matai getting a medal for smashing the burgess brothers within a few minutes?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
There was not much on the Stewart elbow, but you can't go around doing cheap shots like that and expect nothing.

Matai did hit the ball first, but that is no excuse to mean you can then collect someone in the the head following through.

The two spears, whilst not as severe as Inu's, still constitute foul play, and rightly charged.

All up, they probably got it right.

Anyone know how many times 3 players have been charged from the same team in recent times (was it Battle of Brookie 1)?

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Because the NRL are lame dumbskis and I'm not the NRL CEO yet.

LOL love your work Fire.

On another note, gotta love the Helen Lovejoys in this thread. Matai smashes George Burgess, "somebody please think of the children".

Fire

First Grade
LOL love your work Fire.

On another note, gotta love the Helen Lovejoys in this thread. Matai smashes George Burgess, "somebody please think of the children".

That toothless Pommy merkin got exactly what he deserved.

souffs fans...

Bloodlust when inglis does the dirtiest act, ever, on Dean Young.

"We want justice!" when one of their shit merkins get what was coming to him.

royce10

Juniors
Stewart should be sitting out at least a week.

Inglis should get 2 weeks for not knowing how to NOT land on his head.

Anyone that smashes a Burgess should be applauded and immortalized, not suspended you f**king idiots.

Kiwi

First Grade
Yeah that's what I said.

Again a f**king lying piece of shit thinks he can twist what I say and that equates to a valid point.

This is the mong who thought the judiciary charges players. Credibility = zero.

What's the matter did we hurt your feelings.

Do you even know what you are saying? FMD oh how I miss the days of trading insults and opinions with guys like MelTiger, guys who knew what they were talking about. You on the other hand just turn to insults because you have nothing, you are the laughing stock of these forums right now, Bunniesman is sitting watching this thinking..."I'm off the hook, it's your turn now mother f**ker"

skeepe

Immortal
I quite enjoyed that, top thread.

I'll always be amazed at ECT's ability to plumb new depths of stupidity with each and every post.

Kiwi

First Grade
I quite enjoyed that, top thread.

I'll always be amazed at ECT's ability to plumb new depths of stupidity with each and every post.

The guy likes to dig himself into holes, he hits bunniesman and just keeps digging on past him.

eozsmiles

Bench
Thought Sam would get a low grade charge. Third man in to ignite the brawl. Just enough points so he can plead guilty and not miss a game I suppose, but you have to draw a line on blokes running in. If he'd run in, stood there and started punching, then maybe he'd have to take a week. He kind of got set upon himself when he wandered off.

royce10

Juniors
Thought Sam would get a low grade charge. Third man in to ignite the brawl. Just enough points so he can plead guilty and not miss a game I suppose, but you have to draw a line on blokes running in. If he'd run in, stood there and started punching, then maybe he'd have to take a week. He kind of got set upon himself when he wandered off.

You have to wonder whether the ensuing brawl influenced the refs decision to penalize Matai, because a melee after a hit/tackle usually suggests foul play, even if it wasn't the case. The whistle was blown only after the melee had started.

ek999

First Grade
He hit him high. Whether or not it came off the ball the refs will always give a penalty