What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges: Johns facing four weeks

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jono078 said:
$15,000 and 1 week if I were to give anything.

As I said I would have given him 2 weeks, that way he is back week 1 of the finals. The NRL is not like AFL where on-field discipline can't be fined.

c_eagle

Juniors
I hope the Knights fans enjoy this moment, particularly after they cheered when BK went down injured and cheered again when he went off. Scum.

The Colonel

Immortal
The NRL have a look at this on the Monday morning, giving Johns a possible four week suspension.

judic.jpg

He was only given a two to three week suspension. The carryover points from striking Josh Lewis and the loading has boosted it over to three to four weeks. Again it isn't excessive - it just should have happened with players previous to now.

Iafeta

Referee
Jobdog said:
Ok, for one second how about everyone takes the "I hate Andrew Johns with a complete passion" glasses off and have a look at this "incident" combined with the other charges which have been handed out.

Firstly, lets look at what happened to Anthony Quinn:
He abused touch judge Russell Turner THREE times in the Knights/Storm game a few weeks ago. Turner comes on, reports it, the Knights have a penalty go against them and Melbourne go on to score from the ensuing set. What action did Anthony Quinn face after the game? Absolutely nothing. The NRL say "a penalty was sufficient" even though he said what he did three times.

Andrew Johns on Friday night:
Touch judge Matt Cecchin misses a blatant knock down from Steve Matai, denying the Knights any chance of having one,possibly two final tackles to grab victory. Johns, after Cecchin misses the incident, in his rage yells out "f**king merkin", Cecchin comes in, penalty Manly. The NRL have a look at this on the Monday morning, giving Johns a possible four week suspension.

How do these two incidents compare? One involves Andrew Johns (A supposed role model), while the other involves Anthony Quinn (a lesser player, not seen as a role model). Two similar incidents, two massively different actions taken against the players. Something doesn't add up here.

Now we compare these two separate incidents to something like what Luke O'Donnell did on Saturday night. O'Donnell comes down on the Warriors player, gives him an elbow straight into the jaw, yet only gets one week out of it. You tell me which one is worse - A player swearing at a touch judge, which in all honesty is not hurting anyone, or something which has the potential to cause a fair bit of damage to the tackled player, not least of all a broken jaw.

There is something seriously wrong with the judiciary system and it needs a major overhaul.

By the way, loved your on field fued with Mark Carroll. Thanks for the memories Chief.

mullet

Juniors
Whats 15k to Andrew Johnns? its pocket money. If everytime he sprays the ref with abuse he was handed a fine im sure he'd keep doing it. Atleast this time he and every other player now knows its unacceptable and potentially face a suspecsion for such outbursts.

I dont mind the knights as a team. 1-2 weeks for me is sufficient he was warned before. He isnt bigger than the game and can stop acting like a spoilt brat!!

smeghead

Bench
Fair point. The charge carried about the right punishment but his carryover points make it worse. So be it. I hope that when Paul "The Big Friendly genius" Harragon trys to defend his god Johns on Thursday night the crowd boos the sh*t out of him.

mickdo

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Snoopster is right, Quinn gets a penalty against him, Johns gets 4 weeks?

Something wrong there...
Not at all. They were given a warning over the Quinn incident, now they have run out of warnings.

macavity

Referee
Iafeta said:
By the way, loved your on field fued with Mark Carroll. Thanks for the memories Chief.

love your fingerpainting at the sheltered workshop.

inspiring stuff.

lockyno1

Post Whore
smeghead said:
Fair point. The charge carried about the right punishment but his carryover points make it worse. So be it. I hope that when Paul "The Big Friendly genius" Harragon trys to defend his god Johns on Thursday night the crowd boos the sh*t out of him.

Thursday Footy show will be painful to watch!:lol:

mullet

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Thursday Footy show will be painful to watch!:lol:

exactly what i was thinking, well we know what to expect now so im just not going to watch it :roll: (not that i ever really do)

c_eagle

Juniors
macavity said:
hahaha an Eagles fan calling someone else scum.

rich.
Thanks big boob lover.

Since class is such a consistent quality of the Knights and their supporters, maybe I'll take you to an ER on your birthday to laugh at landmine victims.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
His been doing this almost every game..ive seen him 3 or 4 times live and i have heard him just yell other offensive language.

Yes it happens to every team but his ego has sky rocketed and thinks he can basically sqwat on the field and take a dump if he chooses..

4 weeks sounds about right, hopefully he learns to control his frustration and reframe from making an ass of himself.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Raider_69 said:
done and done, email fired away

"Thats Gold Entry:

Dear Cheif, i would like to nominate the NRL's efforts in suspending Andrew Johns for his out burst on friday night for thats gold... Nothing funnier then the holier then thou Joey being brought back down to earth

THATS GOLD!

Cheers
Nick"

Seriously dude. I can't wait to see you're gloating arse cry it's way all over the forums when your guys choke out of the finals series!

Gonna be so funny when it happens! Have you're excuses all prepared in advance. f**king pretenders!

Latest posts