What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary News

Jodeci

Bench
yep

Ben Smith:
Early Plea 187 points
Guilty: 250 points

Fui:
Early Plea: 84 points
Guilty: 112 points

dazeely

First Grade
Fui has carry over points too hasn't he.

To be honest those are pretty fair.

Last edited:

Jodeci

Bench
Fui's charge sheet is as follow:

High Tackle - Careless
Grade 1
Base Penalty: 75 points
Early Plea: 84 points
Guilty: 112 points
Prior Similar Offences in the last 2 years (50% loading) : 1

strider

Post Whore
how many weeks did reddy get when he threw an elbow campese's way earlier this year?

Gronk

Staff member
Second rower Ben Smith received a grade two dangerous contact with kicker charge and with an early guilty plea still amasses 187 points and has to serve a game.
However prop Fui Fui Moi Moi only received a grade one careless high tackle charge.
With his loading Moi Moi is hit with 112 points but with his 25 per cent discount for an early guilty plea he is down to 84 points and is eligible to play.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Second rower Ben Smith received a grade two dangerous contact with kicker charge and with an early guilty plea still amasses 187 points and has to serve a game.
However prop Fui Fui Moi Moi only received a grade one careless high tackle charge.
With his loading Moi Moi is hit with 112 points but with his 25 per cent discount for an early guilty plea he is down to 84 points and is eligible to play.

I love Fui, but how was his incident worse than Smith's?

I know some of you guys reckoned Benny's was worse, but honestly - after watching the replays - Fui's was worse in my opinion. Smith was in the air and was careless with his elbow - Fui swung his arm right into the by then restrained Prince's head...

Eels Dude

Coach
Benny's was much worse in my opinion as he was leading with the elbow, which is a big no no. Fui was careless by going into the tackle the way late the way he did but it was pretty harmless so grade 1 is sufficient.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Take them and run guys, Fui is very lucky to get a grade 1 for that. Smith is about right, take the week and run son.

84 Baby

Referee
I love Fui, but how was his incident worse than Smith's?

I know some of you guys reckoned Benny's was worse, but honestly - after watching the replays - Fui's was worse in my opinion. Smith was in the air and was careless with his elbow - Fui swung his arm right into the by then restrained Prince's head...
For me Fui's arm wasn't swinging, straight armed him, I give Fui BOD that he was attempting a legit tackle but did adjust his arm to where Prince's head wasn't therefore tackle definitely careless and deserved penalty. You also see a thousand times worse swinging arms when a player dives on a loose ball, basically a signal for anyone nearby to get in a cheap shot to the side or back of the head, and a good deal of those go unpenalised every week.

Benny leading with a elbow at full pace was definitely worse... but after Prince's carry on after kicking one of the conversions I was hoping Benny would do it again

Haynzy

First Grade
I thought Fuifui's was worse and what he's been charged with is fair.

Ben's should have been dismissed with a penalty in the game deemed as enough.

Bazal

Post Whore
Ludicrous charge against Ben Smith...they're basically saying that he should be punished the same as James Tamou will be for deliberately and maliciously attacking a blokes head from behind. f**king ridiculous, he shouldn't even get a charge for that incident...

Eelementary

Post Whore
People accuse Hayne of being a show man....Prince was hit high but I mean he really did a good job selling it like he had gotten shot.

IMO being third man in with a swinging arm to the head is worse than a lazy elbow while you're already in the air. But to each their own, I guess.

Eels Dude

Coach
People accuse Hayne of being a show man....Prince was hit high but I mean he really did a good job selling it like he had gotten shot.

IMO being third man in with a swinging arm to the head is worse than a lazy elbow while you're already in the air. But to each their own, I guess.

If Benny wanted to put pressure on Prince he shouldn't have his elbow raised like that. It was dangerous and he should have known if he made contact it would be ugly.

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
I'm happy Fui is able to play, in my opinion if a guy is tackled and is in the process of falling he is always going to be hit around the head by a tackler, if he was standing he would of been hit around the chest/torse/waist area....but Prince put on a good show and got what he wanted.....a penalty.

kanseki

Juniors
If Benny wanted to put pressure on Prince he shouldn't have his elbow raised like that. It was dangerous and he should have known if he made contact it would be ugly.

benny didnt intentionally have his arm raised. i doubt he neither wanted to make contact with the kicker. all he wanted to do was apply pressure.

this is how i see it:
1.ben smith is running at prince at a certain speed
2. as prince kicks, benny jumps to provide more pressure and maybe hope of getting a charge down?
3. as he is jumping he turns away to protect himself of getting the ball kicked into his face
4. because of momentum and smith's turning body, he accidently elbows prince in the face

No malice in the incident whatsoever.. crap explanation i know but i can only do as much with my brain capacity :(

mrpwnd

Bench
benny didnt intentionally have his arm raised. i doubt he neither wanted to make contact with the kicker. all he wanted to do was apply pressure.

this is how i see it:
1.ben smith is running at prince at a certain speed
2. as prince kicks, benny jumps to provide more pressure and maybe hope of getting a charge down?
3. as he is jumping he turns away to protect himself of getting the ball kicked into his face
4. because of momentum and smith's turning body, he accidently elbows prince in the face

No malice in the incident whatsoever.. crap explanation i know but i can only do as much with my brain capacity :(
Well, neither FFMM or Smith should be charged for such a minor offense. But we've seen it time and time again with soft things ending up at the judiciary, I do hope that both of them choose to fight the charges, looking at both incidents in question, none of them should warrant having to take an early guilty plea and get carryover points as a result, NRL is basically treating halfbacks like daddy's little girl.

Latest posts