What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary rd 4

aids

Bench
will this impact slater getting selected for origin?
ie: will he be availble?

shadow grinder

First Grade
aids said:
will this impact slater getting selected for origin?
ie: will he be availble?

they said on the news that even if he enters a early plea he will msot likely mis out.

Tell you the truth his form hasnt warrented selection.

Dunno there could be a smoky in PL or Brizzie Norths.

Or they could go
6 Cooper Cronk
7 Cam Smith

9 Nathan Friend.

Not too bad.

shadow grinder

First Grade
aids said:
who's the backup 5/8 now that hill will be gone for 5 weeks?

aubusson is apprently a decent 5/8....im not sure if he is ready for the step up to first grade just yet...might not be the best idea having such a inexperinced half combo tho.

mike i sorta had the same idea...but i had cam at 5/8 with friend at hooker. i think cronk needs to settle into the halfback spot...we cant afford to move him IMO.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
That was a very low act by Slater. He has gotten away with a lot of things in the past, but they got him this time. Kicking someone in the face with tags is completely unacceptable.

I'm still not convinced on that Penrith one. It was very grainy though. :(

shadow grinder said:
mike i sorta had the same idea...but i had cam at 5/8 with friend at hooker. i think cronk needs to settle into the halfback spot...we cant afford to move him IMO.
Fair point.

This is looking more like my CRL team every week.
:lol:

Meanie

Juniors
UndertakerMike said:
Or Ingliss if he plays there and does really well.

I think regardless of Inglis going to fullback for the Storm, that he'll be on the wing or centres for QLD if picked.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Prodigiousman said:
Anyone with a copy of the Roosters-Manly game check out Steve Matai's hit on Adrian Morley in the leadup to the Minichiello try in the 34th minute...

If Warren Smith was commentating and Morley had put the hit on I wonder if he'd have noticed it.

Intent, high and well intentional!

Proves that unless the commentators pick it up no action is taken. I thought the NRL Judiciary had an obligation to find foul play and punish it - not just go with commentator's recommendations...

So this is what you are crying about?

cap003e.jpg

cap004e.jpg

cap005e.jpg

cap006e.jpg

Now Morley had the ball before the hit, contact is clearly below head, and impact does not even knock Morley over. Give me a break...

Bench
Cockadoodledoo said:
The referee's, judiciary, match reviews are a joke.. If Morley had of kicked out like Slater did or made a tackle like Lolesi, he would have been marched.. Should have been 12 and 8 weeks respectively for the two of them respectively.
Can't argue with that,Morley and Woolford are scape goats for the so called name players who get off.:x

Prodigiousman

Juniors
thanks for the zoomage. I'm no Rooster fan crying about Morley but geesh the tackle was hardly not worth further review.

And if he didn't hit him in the head why did Morley immediately go for his snoz after the hit and give Matai the stink eye?

Thanks for posting it because from far away it looks quite the opposite to 'below the head'. I thought the neck was part of the head in judiciary speak...

Also that double view of Morley's head in the 3rd screenshot hardly suggests it didnt' hit him in the melon.

And what because he didn't fall over in a heap - it wasn't illegal???

I'll spot you a Kit Kat for that call.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Prodigiousman said:
thanks for the zoomage. I'm no Rooster fan crying about Morley but geesh the tackle was hardly not worth further review.

And if he didn't hit him in the head why did Morley immediately go for his snoz after the hit and give Matai the stink eye?

Thanks for posting it because from far away it looks quite the opposite to 'below the head'. I thought the neck was part of the head in judiciary speak...

Also that double view of Morley's head in the 3rd screenshot hardly suggests it didnt' hit him in the melon.

And what because he didn't fall over in a heap - it wasn't illegal???

I'll spot you a Kit Kat for that call.
Goose... Go watch it...

Impact is shoulder, image 2. Morley gets stunned, his head tilts back. He wipes the snot off his nose long after the hit. He actually uses his shirt after the hand doesn't get the booga. Blood? No. Even in image 3 Mattai's head is below Morley's and the hit has seperated them.

If the impact had been head and deliberate, Morley would not have been left standing to walk away.

It's lucky you aren't Morley or you would have to run out in a skirt.

You said it was high with intent. You are a full of sh*t.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
typing and thinking at the same time - tough assignment huh?

It was high with intent. You hardly put a compelling case forward without any hint of your Sea Eagles' bias.

Watch the incident in real time and tell me he doesn't jump up into Morley for a start? That's not showing intent?

Glad you can tell it was a 'booga' because from the depth the camera shot (in your stills and in real time) hardly tell the story.

Why you getting so worked up anyway? If he'd been charged like he should have then I can understand it - but if he hadn't done anything wrong period why would you have been compelled to go so hard on the front foot?

I wonder...

shadow grinder

First Grade
just on that hill "man handling" can anyone get a clip of just before the kick off to the second half....a tiger player is seen chating with the ref and he taps him on his lower back....shouldnt he be up for man handling aswell?

Latest posts