What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary rd 4

MEATWAD

Juniors
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
If the impact had been head and deliberate, Morley would not have been left standing to walk away.

I can't tell anything from those stills you posted there is no where near enough resolution. I didn't notice the incident when I watched the game though. However the definition of a high tackle doen't include 'player actually sustaining injury' even if that latter fact affects the grading of the charge. Morley is a tough mother and he will not go down to milk a penalty.

There is an open season on Morley - he always cops a high shot during the game (and he is a tall bloke too) and nothing is done, and conversely, if he so much as glowers at a player and they shrink like a wilting violet, he gets charged. It's a pathetic double standard - and not the only one, the judiciary and attitude of the referees are full of them. Like someone said, Morley and Woolford are official scapegoats so the rest can claim "its not my go" and get off lightly.

If anyone says that about Slater I'll blow my top, his game is full of sh*tty little niggle and back play crap. Stomping into someone's head is a low act, a send-off and a 12 week holiday low act.

As the annoying Foxtel twerp Smith likes to say "See You Slater".

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Prodigiousman said:
typing and thinking at the same time - tough assignment huh?

It was high with intent. You hardly put a compelling case forward without any hint of your Sea Eagles' bias.

Watch the incident in real time and tell me he doesn't jump up into Morley for a start? That's not showing intent?

Glad you can tell it was a 'booga' because from the depth the camera shot (in your stills and in real time) hardly tell the story.

Why you getting so worked up anyway? If he'd been charged like he should have then I can understand it - but if he hadn't done anything wrong period why would you have been compelled to go so hard on the front foot?

I wonder...

Morley had the ball and passed, Mattai is committed to hit him, Morley continues to run into Mattai as well. Mattai drops his head down and puts the shoulder into his upper chest. Not his neck or head.

You should start following synchronised swimming. Rugby League is far too tough for you.

I have copy of the game and the resolution is fine on the copy of the game I have. I cannot see how you can think there was anything wrong with the play. The problem I have (and why I had looked at the play myself) was if Mattai had been in position rather than putting a hit on Morley, the try probably would have been prevented. The tackle itself was fine but Mattai is constantly coming out of position to put hits on. A centre with the amount of experience he has should not be looking to put big hits on prop forwards all the time.

As for why I'm making the point. Because people like you come into threads claiming Morley gets a raw deal all the time and citing examples such as this as to why he should be allowed to take people's heads off in tackles. Morley has serious issues with his tackling style and his coach constantly fails to address the issue and continues to point fingers in any direction he can rather than fix his problem.

The onus is on you however. You made the claim it was high and intentional. I have provided some stills that show as best I could you are wrong. btw the booga was a joke. I would imagine he was wiping the sweat off his face.

Billy Gunn

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
just on that hill "man handling" can anyone get a clip of just before the kick off to the second half....a tiger player is seen chating with the ref and he taps him on his lower back....shouldnt he be up for man handling aswell?

no really the same.

I don't think there was much in the Hill incedent but I do think he should at least get a week.

Unfortunatly he needs to be made an example of for one reason.

The league must keep the ref's as untouchable who want's to see in league what you see in soccer when a decision goes one way players are straight in the ref's face - not me!!!!!!

Now I know Hill's wasn't like that at all but this is a start point no unlike the Roach incedent a few years ago.

The intent was not there but the aggression was. I would hope he doesn't get more than a week or two.

A big problem was that Hill was Captain last week and in the heat of the moment maybe thought he was again v the Tigers. :(

shadow grinder

First Grade
if robinson had done is job properly it wouldnt have got that far anyway...should have been called back for the ref obstructing hill.

Slater should get 20 weeks - he was very lucky not to be charged with the high tackle on Soward - there was no picture or it was unclear on the video or something like that WAS the response

Lolesi should get 6 weeks for that tackle - Moz must be shaking his head to get 2 in round 1 for a nothing tackle.

Woolford charged again?? -

Latest posts