What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 2007 - signings and departures

GAMEFIRST

Juniors
Blake GREEN- Signed till 2008.

May be chasing Michael CROCKETT as a centre/winger- good player/very fit & powerful runner.

I'm still surprised B FARRAR & J WILLIAMS were both let go as i know T Zappia & co did all they can over the last 2 months- money under the cap has to splashed at guys we have developed who look NRL class.

We will further upgrade Hayne's deal, but why isn't the club being more proactive in extending T Smith & K Inu's deals???????????????????????

If we can secure these 2, we have all the forwards tied up to 2 year deals till end 2008, but these 2 are musts to secure.

I know that the Roosters played hard ball to secure Williams & i am personally predicting they again, with Gold Coast etc will tempt our playermaker away if we lack vision.

parra pete

Referee
eelavation said:
outside back from Sth Logan, i know we were chasing him, not sure whether we've signed him ot not.

I've got good connections at South Logan..I'll find out about this bloke...

parra pete

Referee
I spoke to my connections at South Logan about Mase. He is an 18 year old centre in the Colts team, about 6 ft and 85kg..pretty slippery.and will get bigger.
Has had trials with Raiders, but they weren't interested. My mate told me he has potential.
(The Raiders have a strong influence with Souths Logan through Mal..and the Colts team is coached by Peter Edwards a former Raiders Development officer..my mate told me Mase is a bit of a dill..but has loads of potential..and he my mate would know...)

parra pete

Referee
No, I never asked him. I thought from what Eela had said he had been signed. I just asked him what he was like...
He (Mase) has played first grade this year, but they have him back in Colts because they have a good side, apparently..

Stagger eel

Staff member
no, he hasn't been signed however he was made an offer...as far as I'm aware he's not signed as yet.

Phillips

Referee
'Michael Vella was released by the Parramatta Eels. I'm pretty sure on this.'

was posted on the NRL forum, any truth to this?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Phillips said:
'Michael Vella was released by the Parramatta Eels. I'm pretty sure on this.'

was posted on the NRL forum, any truth to this?

no truth what so ever..

Parraren

Bench
Glenn Hall is off contract at the Roosters.

I remember this guy was a gun in 2003 at the Dogs in his rookie year. He went to Souths for a couple of years and like many before him, it was a bad career move for a promising young player...

Might be worth a gamble, atleast for depth in the prop department. Still young. Not sure of his form this year with the Roosters though.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think we might be sweet with props at this stage..we do have Caylo, Foi, Vella, Cordoba, Az, Zorba, Paolo, Wood and Latimore.

My concern is outside backs.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Outside backs:

Tahu
Grothe
Hayne
Benny
Burt
Wagon
Inu
Reddy