What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 2007 - signings and departures

Stagger eel

Staff member
Belly in Brisvegas said:
you are more than a manager to me....get the 250 and keep 50 for yourself.

what a guy!!! :D

just one problem mate, I actually charge 25% not 20% ;-)

Hellsy

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:
part of the deal was that I have to roadie for 3DG!!!!!!!
Sweet!!! Id do that for free....

eelavation said:
that would mean that you'd have to control the crazy women that follow the band....
We need no controlling I'll have U know

Krakow

Juniors
Souths must need some watermelons moved next year cause thats about the speed of Irvine's delivery :lol: :BDH:

V1er

Juniors
I hear mark minechello will re-sign with souths, from what ive heard they've offered him 250,000. not sure how true that is though.

Aenemus

Juniors
Somehow, in light of our lack of signing, I think that the plan might actually be to not sign too many players this year. Give some of the prem blokes a shot at first grade in the next 12 months, and either way we will be in a much better position this time next year to sign new players or resign the performing players, with it being ALOT less active market. (Gold Coast, Souths and Manly all seeming to be at the edge of the cap). We might end up with a few quality players and not have to pay extreme overs for them

pazzaeel

Juniors
Somehow, in light of our lack of signing, I think that the plan might actually be to not sign too many players this year. Give some of the prem blokes a shot at first grade in the next 12 months, and either way we will be in a much better position this time next year to sign new players or resign the performing players, with it being ALOT less active market. (Gold Coast, Souths and Manly all seeming to be at the edge of the cap). We might end up with a few quality players and not have to pay extreme overs for them

maybe not a bad theory. there was not too many real exceptional players off contract this year, but other clubs still paid truckloads of money for the players that were available. maybe next year we will be cashed up for some bigger signings???

yy_cheng

Coach
pazzaeel said:
maybe not a bad theory. there was not too many real exceptional players off contract this year, but other clubs still paid truckloads of money for the players that were available. maybe next year we will be cashed up for some bigger signings???

I really doubt that their plan was to save for 2008. I guess they had their sights on the dragon forwards but since missing out on them, they've have gone to looking at our juniors

Stagger eel

Staff member
yy_cheng said:
I really doubt that their plan was to save for 2008. I guess they had their sights on the dragon forwards but since missing out on them, they've have gone to looking at our juniors

it's not their plan but it could well be heading that way, Hagan has a phillosaphy of blooding young players into the side and this is what he intends to as well add a couple BIG names to the squad, now as unbelievable as this may appear right now, it might still happen.

you'll also find that by the start of next year, Blakey, Inu, Hayne, Zeb, Weller and Josh will figure more prominantly in first grade, these guys are only going to get better, but they do need some hard heads and rep stars around them.

yy_cheng

Coach
Spiderdan mentioned on the official parra forum that Parra have indicated to Feleti that Hagan has plans for him next year.

However, I guess it hasn't been enough to persuade him yet.

Angry_eel

First Grade
yy_cheng said:
Spiderdan mentioned on the official parra forum that Parra have indicated to Feleti that Hagan has plans for him next year.

However, I guess it hasn't been enough to persuade him yet.
if thats true and it does happen that say goodbye to scott hill. he'll use green, tim and feleti as interchangeble halves.

greena

Juniors
Not another post about using Green & Smith being used together in the halves.

They have similar styles and therefore do not compliment each other. It would be suicide to play both.

Feleti is lazy, has always been lazy and will not improve. His defence is not great either.

Latest posts