What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 2007 - signings and departures

colmac75

Juniors
Hows this one for next year

1. J. Reddy
2. J. Hayne
3. B.Smith or J. Hannay
4. T.Tahu
5. E. Grothe
6. S. Hill
7. T. Smith
13. J. Hannay or B. Smith
12. S. Simpson
11. N. Hindmarsh
10. J. Poore
9. M. Riddell
8. N. Cayless

Bench
14. P. Marsh
15. B. Creagh
16. C. Robinson
17. F. Moimoi

With some possible signings I think that Hill and Simpson speak for themselves. As for the Hannay signing I think that would be good for him to come as he is a top rate kicker and could handle both a back and forward postion. Granted he is in a bit of a from slump but I reckon it wouldnt take him long to come back. He is a Origin player so cant really doubt his ability. He has had a falling out with the Cowbys and would be a decent signing in my opinion.

Thoughts????

Daneel

Bench
colmac75 said:
Hows this one for next year

1. J. Reddy
2. J. Hayne
3. B.Smith or J. Hannay
4. T.Tahu
5. E. Grothe
6. S. Hill
7. T. Smith
13. J. Hannay or B. Smith
12. S. Simpson
11. N. Hindmarsh
10. J. Poore
9. M. Riddell
8. N. Cayless

Bench
14. P. Marsh
15. B. Creagh
16. C. Robinson
17. F. Moimoi

With some possible signings I think that Hill and Simpson speak for themselves. As for the Hannay signing I think that would be good for him to come as he is a top rate kicker and could handle both a back and forward postion. Granted he is in a bit of a from slump but I reckon it wouldnt take him long to come back. He is a Origin player so cant really doubt his ability. He has had a falling out with the Cowbys and would be a decent signing in my opinion.

Thoughts????

Josh Hannay, are you serious? :crazy:

The Colonel

Immortal
colmac75 said:

Thoughts????

Hill, Simpson, Creagh, Poore and Hannay are going to cost us a lot more than we currently have. Two or three of them could be a possibility. Not sure we need to worry about anywhere between jersey 1 through 5 at this present time outside of some depth in the lower grades.

Tank30

Juniors
I would be looking for 2 out of this three Roy Asotasi , Ben Creagh and Ashton Sims. Also one of these two Phil Graham and Steve Turner....

Give them whatever they need (staying under the cap of course)...

The Colonel

Immortal
If we need anything in regard to outside backs it is basically depth to cover for injury, suspension or rep duty. Some fringe players rather than high profile signings cover that. Hannay, Phil Graham etc are never going to come to the club given who we already have contracted at centre and wing.

pazzaeel

Juniors
not much excitement on here.

i really need to hear a "credible" rumour to keep going. someone must have something. please.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The Colonel

Immortal
I'm sorry but the club are playing their cards amazingly close to their chest and very few if any people havem much idea outside of we are talking to two or three major signings

;-)

Angry_eel

First Grade
Parraren said:
I’m bored, time to work out a shopping budget….

Off Contract
Wade McKinnon - $150k
Aaron Cannings - $200k
John Morris - $200k
Luke Burt - $150k
Brett Delaney - $50k
Henry Perenara - $65k
Adam Peek - $100k
Jack Afamasaga - $50k
Jamie Lyon - $0
Dean Widders - $150k

Losses
Glenn Morrison (UK) - $300k
Paul Stringer (retired) – $185k
Matthew Petersen (Titans) - $85k
Luke O'Dwyer (Titans) - $50k

Assuming we do not re-sign any of our off-contract players we potentially could free up approx $1.7 million come June 30.

Of the players above who are off-contract the only one I think that might remain with us is John Morris.
WOW, thats a lot of money free. did we have that much before 2005 i don't think so. Anyway, good thing is we sign some good player, bad thing thing is that players knowing that we got lot of cash will ask for over-the-top salaries.

pazzaeel

Juniors
i get the feeling that maybe we are talking to or intend talking to someone who isnt off contract? maybe someone who is keen to negotiate a release with there club to join us. just a feeling. similar to the craig wing situation - but i use that purely as an example.

parralight

Juniors
IMO Phil Graham is one of the best winger around.
Also how can we offer 65k or whatever to Henry Perenara and not offer anything to Craig Stapleton ??

Parraren

Bench
1. Hayne
2. Grothe
3. B. Smith
4. Tahu
5. Inu/Williams/Reddy
6. Scott Hill (Storm)
7. T. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Nate Myles (Dogs)
11. Hindmarsh
12. Ashton Sims (Dragons)
13. Robinson

14. Marsh or Morris
15. Moi Moi
16. Stapleton (Panthers) / Kaufusi (Storm)
17. Vella / Wagon / Cordoba / Tsoulos

I think that's a good side with 4 realistic signings.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I was just wondering if that dog lyon is still being considered by us as an option? Does anyone know?](*,)

Latest posts