What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 Deadline - Re-signings and new signings, rumours and discussion

number8

Juniors
Are we left with enough $$$ under the cap to tie up Grothe & Morris for what they are worth, & a couple of the lower grade prospects?

The Colonel

Immortal
Grothe is talking with management at the moment and we should hear something by the end of this week. All reports are that he will stay as will Morris.

Avenger

Immortal
OK Wagon is staying for 2 more years that tells me that he will play lock for another 2 years. To me this means that Henry Perenara will leave assuming he has a one year deal. Assuming we retain Morris this to me spells the end of Mateo and Marcus Perenara. (Trust me I watched Marcus closely and Morris is light years ahead of Marcus and do not forget Morris is only 24 and is very injury resistant). Blake Green thankfully is here for another year. Assuming Grothe is re-signed combined with the long term contracts of Joel Reddy and Jarryd Hayne this tells me that John Williams will unfortunately leave the club and look for a first grade gig elsewhere. Sad but as the saying goes "you can't have them all."

With our depth at the moment I can see us not signing many top flight players for a few years to come and if anything battle to retain players from 2007 and beyond. Saints have had similar scenarios recently and had to make big calls in regards to player retention.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Pretty well summed up there Avenger.

Will be interesting to see what happens with those 3 players Mateo, M.Perenara and Williams.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Mateo will be a wasted talent IMO. Two games into his ESL career and London have already dropped him. If he comes back to Parra he won't be here for very long before he's released, sad but true.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Yeah, they name a 20 man squad at the start of the week and he couldn't even make that. Pretty disappointed for him, was hoping it would bring out the best in him and he'd come back a better player for the experience.

Avenger

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
Pretty well summed up there Avenger.

Will be interesting to see what happens with those 3 players Mateo, M.Perenara and Williams.

They will all leave.

Redback71

First Grade
apparantly we might be one of 8 clubs after ashley harrison according to page 60 of todays telegraph

Stagger eel

Staff member
confirmed in the Sunday Tele that we were one 7 clubs courting Ashley Harrison, I think we're being used as a bargaing tool personally.

Confirmed in the Sun Herald that we are also after Brett Firman but it looks like the Cowboys will get his services as early as next week.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Why would we want, or why would they think we want Brett Firman?

Harrison would be a good signing, but he isn't coming here.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraDude_Jay said:
Why would we want, or why would they think we want Brett Firman?

Harrison would be a good signing, but he isn't coming here.

who knows? maybe Morris has opted to go on the open market.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Well with Timmy killing them in 1st grade, reggies needs a new halfback

Firman's not the sort of bloke to be signed to play reggies so I see 1 of 3 scenereos.

1] Morris has opted to test the Market.

2] We're being used as a bargaining tool yet again.

3] Sun herald are just bullsh*tting.

take ya pick.