What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 Deadline - Re-signings and new signings, rumours and discussion

Stagger eel

Staff member
in saying that, wasn't his grand father our first international???? Mick "Harold" Croker?

Phillips

Referee
we need atleast 1 quality prop, a centre & a winger

Ryan O'Hara/Evarn Tuimavave, Steven Bell/Jamaal Lolesi fit the bill perfectly

The Colonel

Immortal
Phillips said:
we need atleast 1 quality prop, a centre & a winger

Ryan O'Hara/Evarn Tuimavave, Steven Bell/Jamaal Lolesi fit the bill perfectly

And we find the money for them where exactly Phillips? I think we are right as far as centre goes - Ben Smith's performances have been bordering on great. Wouldn't feed O'Hara and Tuimavave can't even break onto the bench for the Waqrriors.

Pazza

First Grade
im not a huge fan of signing high quality outside backs. Outside back perform well if a team is performing well. Lyon and Vaealiki were playing sh*t house when our Halves and Forwards were in all sorts. I'd rather improve our pack and then B Smith will have a better foundation to attack off.

After watching Chad Robinson at lock i think the need for Crocker and Harrison isn't there.

I'd go for a couple of props. I think Iafeta Palea'aesina is off contract. A prop with plenty of potential that wouldnt comand huge money. I think that his fitness has improved and only would improve training with Parra boys such as Hindmarsh, Cayless, Morrison and Widders. I'd love to see JC back too but wether we have the money or if he wants to come back is an unknown.

Phillips

Referee
Paleaaesina is still on contract with the warriors for another yr (i think??)...but has been rumored he wants to leave.. theres a thread in the warriors forum about him..

number8

Juniors
Cannings will fire for us when he gets back from injury. He has been great when on the park.

Stagger eel

Staff member
number8 said:
Cannings will fire for us when he gets back from injury. He has been great when on the park.

he's been back for a few weeks know and I believed being over shadowed by Josh Cordoba.

number8

Juniors
Fair dinkum.....Injury hangover maybe?

Heard big things about Cordoba but can't get to games living up North. When do you see him in grade?

Cannings was playing a good impact role at the start of the year & I hope he can get back to that. But then he along with Peek had his critics at that stage too.

Stagger eel

Staff member
number8 said:
Fair dinkum.....Injury hangover maybe?

Heard big things about Cordoba but can't get to games living up North. When do you see him in grade?

Cannings was playing a good impact role at the start of the year & I hope he can get back to that. But then he along with Peek had his critics at that stage too.

just off the subject for a minute,

Josh Cordoba reminds me alot of Dean Pay, he's a no fashon hard head who runs it up nice and hard, have seen him dent the line a few times as well, I don't know what he's contract status is but he's definetly worth holding onto for a couple more years to see how he develops.

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
just off the subject for a minute,

Josh Cordoba reminds me alot of Dean Pay, he's a no fashon hard head who runs it up nice and hard, have seen him dent the line a few times as well, I don't know what he's contract status is but he's definetly worth holding onto for a couple more years to see how he develops.

Being Tim Smith's hairdresser must also count towards him being retained.

Avenger

Immortal
On a serious note Vella should be sent to the UK and Cordoba may well be his long time replacement.

Hurriflatch

Referee
There would be teams in the UK willing to give Vella the kind of money he wants but the question is after what has happened this year will he be willing to move that far away from the rest of his family.

Vella can be a good asset to the team but just not on the 250k he is getting right now.

If he is willing to take around 150-170k I'd be more then happy to see him stay around.

Delboy

First Grade
What we have to look at is who is off contract and what we can do to keep them. Go through the names Grothe, Vella, Wagon,Morris,Peek, Moi Moi, both Perenaras, Williams, O'Dwyer, Peterson,Cordoba and Taia. Try to work out who to give a raise to, who to keep in place of a younger player coming through. Wouldnt wan't the job in a way at the moment, going to be unhappy players and fans if you want to move on one or two new players too. Don't think any of tyhem want to leave but will be very difficult to keep them all when the cap doesnt fit

Phillips

Referee
yy_cheng said:
We still have the greek boy Tsolous. So I'd say bye bye Vella

how long do we have Tsoulos signed up for, anyone know?

i was really looking forward to watching this kid play...

The Colonel

Immortal
Phillips said:
how long do we have Tsoulos signed up for, anyone know?

i was really looking forward to watching this kid play...

Kid? Phillips he's older than you..... :lol: