What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 Deadline - Re-signings and new signings, rumours and discussion

dazeely

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
Vella can be a good asset to the team but just not on the 250k he is getting right now.

If he is willing to take around 150-170k I'd be more then happy to see him stay around.

Yeh I would agree totally.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Why? 27 year old who hasn't shown any form for years but still takes up a big chunk of the salary cap must stay?

I don't follow.

eelsta

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
Why? 27 year old who hasn't shown any form for years but still takes up a big chunk of the salary cap must stay?

I don't follow.
because i love him:oops:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Hey I like Mick Vella too, and it would feel weird without him at the club, but at the same time he's just not the player he once was and he won't accept that he isn't worth the money he was worth in 2001. If he took a paycut then I would be happy to see him stay but if he wants the same high money then he can leave.

eelsta

Bench
fair enough i suppose he's just always been there and it would be strange to see him elsewhere:(

Hurriflatch

Referee
Jay: Most people feel the same way as you, however I honestly can't understand those who want Vella gone regardless of the deal he is on.

Pazza

First Grade
Vella is a decent prop, not worth big money anymore. A one year deal would do me fine to find some form or ship out.

btaag

Juniors
Paying Vella $100,000 less could mean the difference between us keeping or losing three young guns.........I love Vella as well, and remember him coming off the bench in Flegg with his long hair and bike pants, but if he wont accept the fact he is no longer in the elite, or even upper echelon of NRL props (and therefore cannot command $250,000 +), he might have to go. Hopefully to England.

theicemandanno

Juniors
Vella - resigned for 2 years.

Confirmed - Sunday Telegraph (12/06/05)

Took a paycut to stay at the club that stood by him during his illness.

Pazza

First Grade
$150,000 i think.

What about Johnny Morris, i will be pissed off as if we let him go.

number8

Juniors
Possible, I think he has been hard done by through injury but yeah......a lot of outlay for not much reward.

Don't get me wrong I am a fan & like the way he plays but we need him on the field, not the sideline for those $$$$$!

hindy_fan

Juniors
i know i said we should let vella go but it seems he too a pay cut to stay with the eels ,which has changed my view on him im glad he stayed.