What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 Deadline - Re-signings and new signings, rumours and discussion

The Colonel

Immortal
NorthShoreEel said:
He has no choice - nobody else wants him.

Question is, why do we? He is overpriced and past his prime. Time to make some more room under the salary cap.

Don't kid yourself. Far from past his prime and do you know what he is asking for? There was a reason the Sharks came back into the game on Saturday and a lot of it was because of Wagon leaving the field. He'll stay..... and so he should.

They got back into the game through some bad refereeing and some poor play by the whole team.

Dont get me wrong, he is a solid performer, but, we cant keep everyone that is playing "well" in a winning team.

Dont you think we need to look to the future?

Stagger eel

Staff member
this year is the first year in a very long time that I'd love to keep everyone and happy to sign no one new.

The Colonel

Immortal
NorthShoreEel said:
They got back into the game through some bad refereeing and some poor play by the whole team.

Dont get me wrong, he is a solid performer, but, we cant keep everyone that is playing "well" in a winning team.

Dont you think we need to look to the future?

Yes and IMO we are. Signing a player for one year isn't going to stop us signing a kid for two or three. I consider him more than a solid performer. We'll have to agree to disagree I think - but all the news I hear is that he'll stay.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pazza said:
Ashley Harrison would be a good pick up to replace Wags if he leaves.

for 300K????..because that's the figure offered to him by Souths inwhich he knocked back.

I prefer Wags for half the price and his a true clubman.

Spike

First Grade
Is there any details of him re-signing, an Eels press release of something?

Hurriflatch

Referee
eelavation said:
for 300K????..because that's the figure offered to him by Souths inwhich he knocked back.

I prefer Wags for half the price and his a true clubman.

Just because he knocked back 300k at Souths doesn't mena he won't sign for less at another club.

Souths have the problem of needing to pay overs to get players

They ever approched Ben Rogers to sign on but he said no

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Yeah, we could get Harrison for less than what Souths offered him I think, maybe we could even sign him alot cheaper for one year before he goes to the Coast. He isn't after money, he's after a Maroons jumper and if he got it while here, he may stay on longer. But we don't need him really, we have enough locks at Parra already.

Avenger

Immortal
If we bought Harrison it would be detrimental to the careers of H. Perenara, M. Perenara and F. Mateo.